What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by ei-aprilia, 21 Apr 2018.

1. G12RYX

G12RYX Senior Member T6 Guru

I don’t have a family to feed but im running out of money to feed my dog :rofl:

You need bottomless pockets.... there’s always something else to order or do.

richi and Carbon13 like this.
  2. Carbon13

Carbon13 Senior Member T6 Pro

Today I have been mostly fitting........Thermoliner........on top of the Silent Coat and what great stuff it is too.

5 x1m FOIL FOAM VAN INSULATION THERMOLINER PRE-GLUED IDEAL FOR LANDROVER ROOF

It is billed as being good for sound deadening also but on it's own I really don't see that, when coupled with Silent Coat however the panels are acoustically dead.

Windows will be fitted in 10 days then I'll finish with B&Q Diall recycled plastic insulation and put the panels on.

With just the Silent Coat the db count measured from the open cab averaged 67, I'm expecting that to be a little lower with the Thermoliner.

Ed Webb likes this.
  3. MicP

MicP Member T6 Pro

Today I mostly destroyed a fiesta. :(

4. Carbon13

Carbon13 Senior Member T6 Pro

Update to my own post, dB has dropped marginally to 65-66 average, not much on the sound meter but my human ears hear less 'hum' and less wind noise. With Diall, boards and carpeting I'm sure it will be a pleasant place to travel in the end.

5. David Stubbs

David Stubbs Member

Map
    Filled up with Ad-blue for the first time.
    With 1200 miles to go, added 10 litres from a pump at our local garage, £6-50, now we have 5500 miles till the next fill up. Loads of great advice on the Ad-blue thread on the forum.

6. JimVee

JimVee Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Reversed into a friends Audi A3 at about 5mph , forgot I didnt have my reversing sensors or camera working and just drove backwards without checking the rear. couple of scratches and fog light smashed (I'll fix her Audi at the weekend now the new foglight has arrived) thanks to the towbar on my bus plus my rear bumper protector trashed. Just annoying!

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

7. Cherokee

Cherokee Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Today, I found a use for some dash ‘cubbys’

Lunch. + Doggy-poo bags.

5B763827-B843-40E5-956E-697211C9FF09.jpeg

F3EE85D2-5265-414E-8BB4-CC968277126B.jpeg

8. Peatey

Peatey Head Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Today i did what a lot of others have done :) a big thanks to @ZipcodeUK , @Ed Webb, @BiTurbo and everyone else that has contributed to any of the dashboard threads, they have been a big help, i didn't take any photos of the process because its already been covered and i didn't come across anything that was a problem
    20180614_115143.jpg 20180614_170737.jpg

spook, ZipcodeUK, Fish and 11 others like this.
  9. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Awesome fella, cracking job well done!

Peatey likes this.
  10. richi

richi Geriatric surfer dude VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
  11. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I'm not sure my driving would win the egg challenge. That thing would be in my rear footwell after the 1st set of traffic lights changed to Green.

T6180 and Cherokee like this.
  12. Cherokee

Map
    :sick:
    If they were full, they wouldn't fit!!

richi likes this.
  13. Pete C

Pete C T30 102bhp converted to camper VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Tested putting the Canadian Canoe onto and off the roof - it works.

Pete

IMG_5808.jpg

14. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Very quiet at work today, decided to take the front wheels off and give them a clean, get some ceramic coating wiped over them to help keep them clean and give the calipers a bit of love.

Excuse the wonky pics, tried to rotate but they still come out wrong.

2zp59it.jpg
    121d5j4.jpg
    slpdt1.jpg

Dellmassive, Fish, Montecha and 5 others like this.
  15. Tourershine

Map
    Removed the rear spoiler.
    Not an easy job, but one made a little easier by the fact VW had drilled the holes, but not put any nuts on the threads.

Spoiler on...

20180616_120406.jpg

Spoiler half way off. I used fishing line attached to wooden handles, and slowly worked my way through the sealer, using the block of wood to keep a little pressure as i'm cutting.

20180616_120330.jpg

Spoiler removed, and the mess that VW had made installing it, talk about keying up the surface :eek:

20180616_120900.jpg

Same surface after i'd wet flatted all VWs sanding, and machine polished.

20180616_125712.jpg

Finally the van de-spoliered...
    All part of the new changes, for when the new wheels arrive.

20180616_135212.jpg

LakesT6, Deaky, T6180 and 5 others like this.
  16. richi

richi Geriatric surfer dude VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    You don't mess about mate!

I've changed my rear mudflaps again:rofl:

Peatey and Tourershine like this.
  17. Cherokee

Map
    Busy + Brave I’d say.
    What’s with the rear spoiler removal TS? Is this a ‘Marmite’ issue as is the front ‘chin’ spoiler? Or just time for a new look?

Unfortunately my day has been much more mundane, with an unenviable task.....what we do for a T6.

3C75ACB0-108B-46B9-8F26-E2D61B8D7E12.jpeg

18. Tourershine

Map
    I don't have an issue with the rear spoiler, or splitter, I just fancied changing things up, plus actually agree with something @BognorMotors said on another thread about the rear of the T6 looking pretty well without a spoiler.

19. Montecha

Montecha Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Mine is coming off without any encouragement from me. When it gets too loose I’ll give it the fishing line treatment. The jury is out on whether I get it replaced.

20. Tourershine

Map
    Just watch out for the 2 bolts that go through the top of the tailgate on either end. It took several metres of my mates fishing line before I realised it wouldn't cut through a steel bolt:rolleyes:

richi, Montecha, T6180 and 1 other person like this.