What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Definately worth the money then?
Could be next on the never ending list.
A single piece of rubber trim, enough for both doors plus a shark finned strip of rubber to block the gap between the windscreen and dashboard was £21.50 delivered from VWDialadapters on FleaBay.

Had a reverse camera fitted with moving lines linked to the steering wheel and to the Discover Media head unit. Fitted by Skipton Car Radio and adjusted so it covers the Westfalia detachable towbar I had fitted also :) so I can reverse right up the caravan without fear of bumper damage. In terms of what ' I did '..........well I paid.

It is reaching the point that I'm struggling to get the money together to feed my family.

Today I have been mostly fitting........Thermoliner........on top of the Silent Coat and what great stuff it is too.

5 x1m FOIL FOAM VAN INSULATION THERMOLINER PRE-GLUED IDEAL FOR LANDROVER ROOF

It is billed as being good for sound deadening also but on it's own I really don't see that, when coupled with Silent Coat however the panels are acoustically dead.

Windows will be fitted in 10 days then I'll finish with B&Q Diall recycled plastic insulation and put the panels on.

With just the Silent Coat the db count measured from the open cab averaged 67, I'm expecting that to be a little lower with the Thermoliner.

Today I have been mostly fitting........Thermoliner........on top of the Silent Coat and what great stuff it is too.

5 x1m FOIL FOAM VAN INSULATION THERMOLINER PRE-GLUED IDEAL FOR LANDROVER ROOF

It is billed as being good for sound deadening also but on it's own I really don't see that, when coupled with Silent Coat however the panels are acoustically dead.

Windows will be fitted in 10 days then I'll finish with B&Q Diall recycled plastic insulation and put the panels on.

With just the Silent Coat the db count measured from the open cab averaged 67, I'm expecting that to be a little lower with the Thermoliner.

Update to my own post, dB has dropped marginally to 65-66 average, not much on the sound meter but my human ears hear less 'hum' and less wind noise. With Diall, boards and carpeting I'm sure it will be a pleasant place to travel in the end.

Filled up with Ad-blue for the first time.
With 1200 miles to go, added 10 litres from a pump at our local garage, £6-50, now we have 5500 miles till the next fill up. Loads of great advice on the Ad-blue thread on the forum.

Reversed into a friends Audi A3 at about 5mph , forgot I didnt have my reversing sensors or camera working and just drove backwards without checking the rear. couple of scratches and fog light smashed (I'll fix her Audi at the weekend now the new foglight has arrived) thanks to the towbar on my bus plus my rear bumper protector trashed. Just annoying!

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Back