What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Excellent work @Ads_Essex . It's initially daunting, then all logically fits into place. Fitting /spacing the floor is the tricky part :)

Excellent work @Ads_Essex . It's initially daunting, then all logically fits into place. Fitting /spacing the floor is the tricky part :)
Yes, I’ve heard the flooring won’t be fun.
I’ve managed to use my old 8mm ply as a template (the Mrs now knows why I left it down the side of the house for months..!)

3453DA69-4681-4609-9B7A-4FBCCC084755.jpeg

I did the door seal mod last week and couldn’t believe the difference! Was stood opening and closing the doors for a good 15 minutes after listening to the lovely thud they now make :inlove:
I was doing the same thing LOL. I tried to upload the video of it here but it wouldn't let me. Such an improvement!

I had the inside of my engine cleaned! A machine forces a thin mineral oil through that contains cleaning agents. Its amazing how much dirt/bits come out of a 2 year 55000 mile engine! The filter catches anything 1 micron and above (apparently anything above 2 microns can damage an engine). I then drove to london and back 220 miles and can say I get an extra 2mpg, its defiantly a bit quieter and runs better than it ever has, more responsive and smoother. I would defiantly recommend it.

20180610_155701.jpg

20180610_155626.jpg

Fitted the VW rack. As much prep, measuring and practice positioning of the paint protector stickers as I did I still didn't quite get them on 100% bubble and smudge free. (Is it even possible!?) Fingerprints and smudges on the adhesive enhanced by the black paint I think. The rack went on super easy and more than pleased with the quality! Roll on 2 wheel rolling.

Have done a few bike racks and never managed a fingerprint free finish, good job you don’t see them when the rack is on !

Back