Pics please....do these sit flush with the arches?...wheels are my next purchase...

Not sure how "Flush" you want them with the arches. 18x8 is a standard size from VW and all manufacturers will keep the wheels inside the arches - helps to avoid motorway spray and keep the van cleaner.

Mine running 18x8 sport line allows with 255/45 tyres.

VW list 235/50 as the correct size for T30 and under and 255/45 for T32. Mine is a T30 but I put the wider 255/45 tyres on.

RearRightSideNoPlate_Med.jpg

Reactions: GJH
I can't tell any difference, but I had a sticker on the van showing tyre pressure for the 255/45x18 so I went with that size.

Reactions: Kev
Hi. Im new to the forum hope this is the right place for this post. Im currently waiting for delivery of my caravelle. I've purchased the 18`sportline alloys. Im worried the 18s will not fill the arch enough. Can anybody reccomend how big i can go with the tyre and wheel size? While keeping some comfort on the ride. Any pics of your vans and wheels would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:
There's a lot written about wheels and tyres - in fact there's an entyre (sic) section for wheels and tyres.
Basically, the overall rolling radius of a 17" wheel and a 20" wheel should be the same. So as the wheel size increases, so the tyre size decreases. e.g.
17 wheel with a 50 profile tyre
18" wheel with a 45 profile tyre
19" wheel with a 40 profile tyres
20" wheel with a 35 profile tyre
You can get more detailed info about sizes and comparison from here:
Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

From what I've seen, people who run 18s (myself included) run the same rolling radius as what the 17s would be so the wheel arches are not filled any differently. 255/45/18 is a common size used and keeps the rolling radius correct. The T5s and 6s I've seen with 20s run a 275/40/20 tyre so that they fill the arches better. This looks very good aesthetically but it does screw up the gearing, mpg computer, speedo reading etc so not ideal.

got a new set of 5.1 sportline alloys for my T32, can anyone recommend some tyres please? thanks

I have just bought some General Altimax Sport on my bus and they are great in all weathers, will be putting them on the rear when they need swapping out. They are owned by Continental tyres.

Last edited:
The khumos is what I use know , even the expensive tyres won’t out last them on fronts .. t32 on bilstein s eats front tyres
£91 on camskill

I have just out some General Altimax Sport on my bus and they are great in all weathers, will be putting them on the rear when they need swapping out. They are owned by Continental tyres.

My wife has these on her Mini and they are really good. Her fronts lasted 30k and that's on the heavy 2l auto diesel engine thats renowned for eating front tyres. I only actually put a new front pair on Friday because I noticed the outer edge was bold after she hit a couple of potholes and knocked out the tracking. Sadly they don't do them for my 19" or i'd of certainly had a set.

They even performed really well in the snow, and that was with low tread.

Hi all
Dose anyone now what size tyres I can put on my sportline 18” alloys, I’ve just had them refurbished and would like to put a bigger tyre on to protect the alloys.
Cheers

4BA40D6E-4AF5-4135-B570-4A6459265874.jpeg

Back