SkyMonster

Im going for a set of T6 Sportline wheels 18" 8J ET50
- is there any recommendation on tyres.

Last edited:
My T6 rolled out of VW dealer on 18" Sportlines. These were the tyres on it.
Equally this is the card that comes with the wheels.
IMG_0044.JPG

If you have the T30 you won't need 103 weight rated tyres.

Yup 255/45/18 on mine running the conti's, @DaveyB how are you finding the eagles? was thinking of going down that route when the time comes to fit new ones.

VW list two tyre sizes for our vehicles dependant on weight class
235/50 R18
or for a T32 255/45 R18

VW list one tyre size for the sportline wheels which is 255/45 R18 so it slightly depends on what VW document you are reading at the time

Much prefer the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric's to the Conti's @Roca.

The conti's were on the back when I bought it and haven't needed to replace them yet. Have just replaced the front like for like.

Had Conti's on my Octavia VRS and hated them, they did not hold the road at all, and with it being a response car that's butt clenching time! Although sometimes it made roundabouts a lot more fun. Destroyed them in a shade over 5000 miles they were so bad. As soon as I need to get them off the van they'll be gone.

Equally the tyre bloke said he'd pick the Eagle's every time over the Conti's.

I have been running 255/45/18 Hankook Ventura S1 Evo 2 K117 on my sport lines, need new fronts now after 18000 miles. Going for 2 Avon ZZ5 £223 fitted from ATS.

Mines a T30 by the way.

VW list two tyre sizes for our vehicles dependant on weight class 235/50 R18 or for a T32 255/45 R18
VW list one tyre size for the sportline wheels which is 255/45 R18 so it slightly depends on what VW document you are reading at the time

Seems you can go with either from what im gathering. I suppose there will be pros and cons with either. Brand wise the Goodyears seems to be a favorite.

I found the best tyres I have ever owned were made by Vredestein - although not sure if the make them with a load rating for vans. If they do I will be whacking them on my sportlines.

IMG_7587.JPG

Seems you can go with either from what im gathering. I suppose there will be pros and cons with either. Brand wise the Goodyears seems to be a favorite.

Goodyears are a good choice, low noise - 5db lower than my Nokian's, that would be a noticeable reduction.

Back