275/40r19 is a tyre size and 19x9 is a wheel size
These should be okay together - but you could also fit 245/45r19 on a 19x9 which will give the same rolling radius.
You need to know the offset number to be sure they will fit okay, and of course you need to get suitable load rated wheels and tyres.

9 seems like a strange offset number for a wheel do you have a link to the ones your looking at or a make and model ?

You sure that's not 9" as in the wheel width?
Oops yes Wheel width.. 8.5j would ok then?

What ET should I go for so they stick out and fill the arches more? 45?

It's a minefield and I've pretty much gone through the whole wheel and tyre section on here.
I started off wanting 20" then went to 19, then 18 now I'm back on 19"!
I use the van for work covering 25k road miles and have a crap back so I want to keep the comfort the 16" standard wheels give me.

What ET are the Highline 16's?

They are ET51 but only 6.5 inch width so going up to 8.5 will adjust it also an inch each way

I have 9" wide 19's with a 48mm offset and I'm really happy with how the wheel sits in the arch.
Not sitting flush with outer edge of the arch, and not as far in as the factory 16's.
I think 9" inch wide rims with a 35mm offset sit a little more flush with the outer edge of the arch. ( both cases are on the front and around 15mm spacers are needed to make the rears sit relatively the same as the fronts in relation to the outer edge of the arch ).

Hi everyone just reading this thread and have just removed some 20's was running 275/20/40 9j et 38 on B14 coil overs set at its highest setting on the front but still rubbed on fixing at top of inner arch also after reading threads about load rating I realised that I had been sold the wrong load rated wheels (835kg) and not min of 860kg for T32 so now exchanging them for some foundmetel STc02 titanium et45 900kg fitting 275/40/20 back can anyone see any issues with this thanks in advance

I have 9" wide 19's with a 48mm offset and I'm really happy with how the wheel sits in the arch.
Not sitting flush with outer edge of the arch, and not as far in as the factory 16's.
I think 9" inch wide rims with a 35mm offset sit a little more flush with the outer edge of the arch. ( both cases are on the front and around 15mm spacers are needed to make the rears sit relatively the same as the fronts in relation to the outer edge of the arch ).
Will 9.5j with offset of 33 fit on the T6 without hitting the brakes or shocks??

I'm running 19" x 8.5 with an offset of 45 and they sit perfectly on 245/40/19 tyres. Although as mentioned several times, my tyres are not suitable for my T32. Bare in mind that I have an exposed rim look on mine, and this is not really suitable for every day driving, and the recommended tyres for my 8.5" wheel is 255/40/19
So once I move to 20s, I'm hoping to replicate the same 45 offset look on 20x8.5 wheels running 275/40/20 However, I think I read that @BognorMotors mentioned what he referred to as a 'sweet spot' of 265/40/20. The guy I use at LK Performance (Tom) is really knowledgable and he can translate the look I normally want into the offset, and tyre size, and he's got it spot on before for me, so I will see what he comes back with once i'm ready.

Why staggered??? Is it just for looks or for a better drive?
If I went staggered would the tyre sizes be the same front and rear?
Would 9j, 40 offset on 19's all round be ok on a daily?

Will 9.5j with offset of 33 fit on the T6 without hitting the brakes or shocks??

Mine are 9" wide with an offst of 48mm and I have no clearance issues with a 40mm drop whatsoever.

A 9.5" inch rim is 12.5mm wider and so will be 6.25mm closer to the strut.
BUT, the 9.5" rims offset is 33mm so the wheel sits 15mm further outboard giving an actual increase in the distance from the strut,( compared to the 9" rim ), of 8.75mm.

Why staggered??? Is it just for looks or for a better drive?
If I went staggered would the tyre sizes be the same front and rear?
Would 9j, 40 offset on 19's all round be ok on a daily?

If you keep the tyre sizes the same on staggered rims, then the rear tyre may look a little, ' stretched '.
Staggered rims allow for the, ' poke ', of the front and the rear wheels to be similar. ( bodywork is wider at the rear ).
I personally would rather the tyres all remain the same, and just fit 15mm spacers to the rears.

Thinking
fronts 19’s With a 255/45/19 tyres on a 8.5j and the rears 9.5j. But not sure on size.

Reason for the bigger profile is purely for comfort as it’ll be my work van. Can anyone advise me on the rear tyre size. As I want to keep the profile wall looking the same all round. I’ve come up with 285/40/19. Has anyone got advise on this please.

Back