Wind deflectors... which ones?

We drive at 85mph where we can, and I can't say I have noticed any increased noise from our Clim-airs. They do serve a really useful purpose for us as we leave dogs in van (boot up, or partially up), and can get a through draft without the risk of rain landing inside the cab all over the door mounted switches etc.

Don't think I've noticed any extra noise, too be honest all of my vans suffer from wind noise when they are moving. I notice this when I get in the van in the morning and get deafened from the volume the head unit from the day before.

Most do look good , but not sure if I'd like increased wind noise. But for what they cost think I'll give it a go. Now which look the best????

Is there any wind noise from the VW stick on ones anybody ?
I've brought two sets of heko ones but both having bad rough edges I had to send them back !!!

Can't say I have noticed any increased noise on my dubflecta retros

Is there any wind noise from the VW stick on ones anybody ?
I've brought two sets of heko ones but both having bad rough edges I had to send them back !!!
Mine cane with the VW (UK) stick on ones, they work fine and little to no noise; but aesthetically they are a disaster imo. If you look in the VW international brochure they don't use stick ones; it is just VW(UK) being a bit "special" again.

Today we had torrential rain and thunderstorms and I was out in my van. It was a godsend to have the wind deflectors as I could crank open the window an inch or so and no water dripped in.
So the small amount of wind noise at speed is a price I'm now happy to pay for the comfort of fresh air when its raining. Less than a week in and I'm now happy with my Dubflectors.

First time I've been out with both windows down a couple of inches since i fitted the dubflectas. Top of glass still within the wind deflector area.
Drivers side was fine, but passenger side was making a horrid rattly noise - guessing the window rattling against the rear most clip?
Anyone else had that? Any tips to cure it?

They look good, and it is nice to crack open the window with them, BUT I chucked mine away as they messed up the automatic window up - kept coming down again.
I too noticed the wind noise, and they didn't divert the rainwater coming out of the awning as I'd hoped.
i wouldn't bother

I've got the Heko ones, I like the look, there is maybe a slight increase in wind noise but I'm happy with them!

They look good, and it is nice to crack open the window with them, BUT I chucked mine away as they messed up the automatic window up - kept coming down again.
I too noticed the wind noise, and they didn't divert the rainwater coming out of the awning as I'd hoped.
i wouldn't bother
Which make did you have?

We have Aerolift Wind Deflectors which I think are unobtrusive but as others have said - it is all a matter of taste. Here are a couple of pictures taken in the rain. The window is open (about 1") but still not below the lower edge of the deflector.

P1010757-Aerolift-door-lr.jpg

P1010758-Aerolift-detail-lr.jpg

Does anyone have them fitted?
Is there a brand to go with?
I Fancy fitting a pair but I believe there only stick on. any thoughts.
Cheers
Dave

Dubflecta. They push up unto the window rubbers.

Back