Wind deflectors - my comparison.

I got a set from Vee dub Transporters but cant get the windows to go up smoothly. Any tips ?

I've had hekos on my t5, then got t5.1 new hekos on that then took them off and put on the t6 , never had them fall off they were on the t5 4 years, one the t5.1 and t6 for total 7 years and no problems so far so have no complaints for heko, can't comment on wind noise as deaf as a post!

Mine are the tuck-in the slot type too, don't remember where from but they have been a royal pain in the butt right from the off.
As an engineer, I turned my nose up at the "Heath Robinson " method of slipping TWO small metal clips into the window slot and expecting that to do anything useful.
I was right. One fell out in short order, luckily at home and did little damage. The driver side one would occasionally prevent the window closing properly, causing an infuriating noise in my ear, other times the bloody window would close 90% but then feel resistance and re-open... this could continue for a good while, as I got madder and madder and forced to stop, pull the bloody thing out and have to faff about with it at a later date.

Having read this article, I'm relieved to hear that others too share my pain with these contraptions, so I'm going to order some Climair deflectors right now.

Thankies for the advice! Ordered 8 minutes or so, later.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
I got a set from Vee dub Transporters but cant get the windows to go up smoothly. Any tips ?
Sorted mine. It was me not fitting them properly at the bottom near the mirrors. No issue now, just a bit of wind noise on the motorway but I can live with that, just turn the stereo up

I've got some Climair but can't get them to fit properley. The instructions on a photocopied A4 paper are crap as you can't make out where the clips are supposed to go. I've put them in without the clips and the window catches on the way up. If I push the deflector out slightly then the window goes up. The deflector seems to push the window trim out in the bottom corner, almost as if it's too thick (or I am) at that point so catche. I'm assuming it needs to clip screwing in but that would out it in the gully and the comments and from what I can see on the instructions it's on the outer trim. Very confused. Has anyone got any close up pics of were the clip is fitted please
Sorted

Back