Ravenna T28 Project

Mulldog

Evening,

I've been lurking for a while now gaining info and tips so thought id share my progress so far. I bought my 21 plate T6.1 3 weeks ago, I've had caddy for years which I loved but sadly as the family has grown so has the need for space, this is my daily work horse doubled up as a kids bus and weekend adventure machine at the same time.

I have zero interest in camping (sorry) or staying anywhere in the van, so it needs to be a day van that does everything really with out the need for a bed.

I found the van at a VW dealership in the east mids, it jumped out at me firstly the colour but also the factory spec was perfect for me

LED front and rear lights
Rear camara
Apple car play and Nav
Heated seats
Panel van

Extras that previous owner added, 20" wheels, rear spoiler, black side bars and ABT front splitter, all of which I don't mind for now but will change in time.

For tax reasons I didn't want a Kombi, plus I couldn't find one with the bits I wanted that hasn't been messed about with (I like a blank canvass) so this one made sense, plus it has only done 13k!

After taking delivery and giving it a good clean, I ordered a rear bench and arranged fitting. this quickly fell through sadly but I still plan to get it done, in the mean time I've been busy doing "bits"

Front windows tinted and wind deflectors fitted
OEM font mud flaps fitted
Painted callipers front and rear gloss black
Gloss black grill (not yet fitted)
OEM front floor mats
Sound deadening front doors
Gladen Front OEM speaker upgrade

The rear of the van has had the basic ply and carpet treatment which I've had all off and sound deadening all of the obvs areas and re fitted for now.

Rear seats due to be fitted next week and side windows the week after, this will make a huge difference as then I can remove the bulk head and open the van up a bit, I'm unsure if I want a rear bulk head behind the seats yet or the Ovano system for my tools... need to make my mind up but for now I'm getting there, wheels and tyres and suspension I need to do some more R and D but for now it will stay as is I think.

Pics the follow...

IMG_6054.jpg

Last edited:
That blue is stunning - looks great with the black wheels too.

Your previous caddy’s look awesome - I had a caddy before my previous T6.

My van is my daily and have no intention of sleeping in it lol

How did you find the Gladen upgrade? Are you running them off an amp or the OEM head unit?

I have the Alpine equivalent but heard the Gladen was betterer

That blue is stunning - looks great with the black wheels too.

Your previous caddy’s look awesome - I had a caddy before my previous T6.

My van is my daily and have no intention of sleeping in it lol

How did you find the Gladen upgrade? Are you running them off an amp or the OEM head unit?

I have the Alpine equivalent but heard the Gladen was betterer

Thanks mate, not sure if I'm going to keep the wheels black or go silver yet, the current tyres on the van are poor so I will take them as long as I can then change both I think.

yeah, great van the Mk4 caddy, did well over 120k in them and had zero issues.

Glad im not the only one!

installed it yesterday so early days but did one side and left the other original and the difference was night and day, now both side have been done its kicks nicely! the reason for choosing these over the Alpine was Id heard mixed reports on them, I know certain places push the kit a lot but I like to do my own research on these things, the Gladen kit is also beautifully made. Currently running them off the oem apple car play unit yes, I will add an amp in time when I know my layout in the middle of the van.

I’ve got the Alpines and am considering changing to the Gladens.
I run an AUDISON amp under passenger seat and 2x10 subs in the back.

I’ve got the Alpines and am considering changing to the Gladens.
I run an AUDISON amp under passenger seat and 2x10 subs in the back.

From past experience with subs in vans who are constantly chasing the sound and somtimes less is more, id be keen to get a sub and amp at some point defo with the back of the van sound deadening done it should help things.

I've been in the van all day today and the speakers are very good indeed, I'm impressed.

Back