Wind deflectors - which ones are best?

Yackers777

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi
Can anyone recommend best wind deflectors for t6 caravelle and is there anybody selling any on here ?
Thanks in advance
Paul

+1 for Climair wind deflectors. Rock solid fit. I went with the smoke as I didn’t want to restrict my view in any way - the A pillar is thick enough as it is! They look pretty dark from the outside but can see through them easily from inside.

Think the Climair darker Black version is called ‘Sport’ you can still see through them, but bare in mind they have a white ‘Sport’ transfer lettering stuck on them, it peels off very slowly with some care, glue removal solution and patience.

Deflectors, seem to be either Heki or Climair:

Aftermarket lihgts with LED DRL & separate sweeping indicator is THQ V2, I think there are other versions available, all look very similar to me.

+1 for Climair wind deflectors. Rock solid fit. I went with the smoke as I didn’t want to restrict my view in any way - the A pillar is thick enough as it is! They look pretty dark from the outside but can see through them easily from inside.
Ideal cheers
Deflectors, seem to be either Heki or Climair:

Aftermarket lihgts with LED DRL & separate sweeping indicator is THQ V2, I think there are other versions available, all look very similar to me.
ideal thank you

Wind deflectors.... To be or not to be?

Drivers side and passengers side window wind deflectors.
What are any actual (not just the sales bull) advantages of them?
Why do people fit them?

Has anyone removed them from a van that they bought with them in place.... Was wind noise etc actually any better/worse, or are they mainly just a sort of fashion accessory?

Comments from anyone who've fitted them, and more so from those who may have removed them, very welcome....

They are essential for a van you are going to sleep in. It means you can leave the windows slightly open at night to reduce condensation.

I would not fit them to a van otherwise as they add noise (IMHO).

Pete

This ^ sums up the reasons for me and probably a lot of others. No other reason to have them these days. Make little difference when driving with the window down etc.

From your post in another thread you say you already have them fitted. Could you not remove them, see how you get on and then refit if you decide you want them?

My van didn’t have them when I got it and I drove for a while like that. I then fitted a set of Climair smoked deflectors as I like the look and want to be able to keep the windows ajar without water getting in (it’s a camper). I didn’t experience any other particular advantages or disadvantages with wind noise, window operation, visibility (you can easily see through the smoked ones) or turbulence when driving with the windows open etc. My wife likes them too and wants them on our car as well!

Hi...
I'm currently looking into wind deflectors for my T6.1
Can anyone advise me into which ones are best, because reading up on the subject has led me into believing that if you have to use the clips that are supplied,they can scratch your windows.. is this correct... I'm after Heko that goes into the window channel without the clips... any help would be greatly appreciated TIA....

Hi...
Can anyone advise me into which ones are best, because reading up on the subject has led me into believing that if you have to use the clips that are supplied,they can scratch your windows.. is this correct... I'm after Heko that goes into the window channel without the clips... any help would be greatly appreciated TIA....
Heko work well....have used on last 2 ...T5 and T6, and will be going on my new T6.1 on Wednesday.

Hi...
Try a search as this has been covered many, many times.

I've used both, not on my T6 but on numerous other vehicles. I have never used the clips, even if supplied.

The only time I had one fall out was when mother-in-law was sitting in the back of the car, window open, warm summer day, and started wiggling the deflector around "to see what it was". I was not impressed . . . :mad:

Hi...
I'm currently looking into wind deflectors for my T6.1 ... I'm after Heko that goes into the window channel without the clips... any help would be greatly appreciated TIA....

@Dan johnson has a set for sale..
Otherwise as said above, there’s plenty of info on the forum - here’s a good start:

Back