Wind deflectors - my comparison.

I have just fitted one side with the Heko channel deflectors and was a really worried about the metal clips as u can hear the window passing them. Cant be bothered to send them back as I am not happy installing them and not a fault with the product ai if there is anyone in the oxfordshire area that wants them they are yours

Last edited:
Use some double sided tape - put them in place and leave windows fully up over night. That will work, forget the clips.

Use some double sided tape - put them in place and leave windows fully up over night. That will work, forget the clips.
Thanks Qnapper. Maybe I'll try that. It only had a little bit of double sided on it. Wouldnt want them to fly off tho lol

No when you put the metal clips in then it is impossible for the window to shut as far as it did without them. You cant put a piece of metal in the way and the window go up as far as it did before.

The clips are U shaped and about 0.2mm thick. Not sure how they stop the window closing if fitted correctly.

Our Hekos are fitted with the original clips and tape and have been on for 5 years now without a problem.

The clips are U shaped and about 0.2mm thick. Not sure how they stop the window closing if fitted correctly.

Our Hekos are fitted with the original clips and tape and have been on for 5 years now without a problem.
No way are they only 0.2mm

One of my Hekos parted company with the van….I have Climairs hiding in the caravan ready for Santa to bring me!

you can buy extra clips from ebay, which is what I do since losing one years ago

Contemplating getting a set of Climairs for mine.

I have an external screen and side window cover for camping. The ends of the cover have little pockets which slide over the door when fitting. They are quite a tight fit. Would fitting wind deflectors create more of a problem when fitting the screen cover?

Contemplating getting a set of Climairs for mine.

I have an external screen and side window cover for camping. The ends of the cover have little pockets which slide over the door when fitting. They are quite a tight fit. Would fitting wind deflectors create more of a problem when fitting the screen cover?
I’ve used two different covers that didn’t seem at all affected by the wind deflectors.

I’ve just bought an insulated wind screen cover but haven’t put it on yet. I’m not anticipating any problems.

But what were the differences between having them (any of those three types) and the other option of just not having them on at all?

We inherited them on our van, but I'm finding the reduction in visibility at the back edge of the A pillar a bit annoying.

We don't travel with the windows open in rain, and if they don't have any noise-reducing properties at our 60mph cruising speed, I'm minded to remove them.

But what were the differences between having them (any of those three types) and the other option of just not having them on at all?

We inherited them on our van, but I'm finding the reduction in visibility at the back edge of the A pillar a bit annoying.

We don't travel with the windows open in rain, and if they don't have any noise-reducing properties at our 60mph cruising speed, I'm minded to remove them.

The most important use for deflectors is while camping - you can leave front windows open 1-2cm and get good ventilation without water in cabin even if it rains. Also bypassers will not see the window is open unless taking a close look.

I agree their usefulness while driving is not that great, especially in vans which have AC.

Just fitted Climair deflectors. Got them off amazon warehouse for £35. Brand new but tatty box. Having had Hekko on my T5 these are comparable.

I was getting window anti-crush and mirror hippo ear issues so I changed my Dubflectas for Climair. This solved the anti crush issue 99% of the time and the hippo ears 50% of the time. Then I was doing something else on the van and had reason to disconnect the leisure and starter battery and tap the negative and positive leads together to discharge any capacitors. I then had to re-programme the one touch windows and have since not had any anti crush or hippo ear issues. Might be worth a try if you are experiencing the same.

Evening chaps. I want deflectors on my 6.1. Can't see any listed. Are the ones for the T6 suitable?

Thanks

Back