Climair wind deflector offer

I ordered a pair at xmas, collected new years eve. Didn't get round to fitting till 2 weekends ago. Opened box they were far too small. Checked label on box they were for a BMW. They reordered but they never came. So I ordered myself and they arrived next day.

I fitted mine, dead easy. Good job there was 3 screws in packet because I dropped one on tarmac drive. It completely vanished.
Are they expected to make much difference wind noise?

I fitted mine, dead easy. Good job there was 3 screws in packet because I dropped one on tarmac drive. It completely vanished.
Are they expected to make much difference wind noise?

I agree, I dropped one down inside the door. :rolleyes:

Do you need to screw them in ?
Yes, a small bracket and rubber insert. One screw in each. Put something underneath to catch the tiny screw when you drop it. A magnetic Phillips screwdriver would be helpful. 1mm dia drill bit. Looks tidy and quite simple to do.

Yes, a small bracket and rubber insert. One screw in each. Put something underneath to catch the tiny screw when you drop it. A magnetic Phillips screwdriver would be helpful. 1mm dia drill bit. Looks tidy and quite simple to do.
One suggestion was if you don't have a 1mm drill bit, use a nail, or panel pin heated to melt a small hole. I found that less stressful

Just to let anyone that is interested in purchasing climair wind deflectors for the t6 or t6.1
Euro car parts have them on offer at the moment at £37.49 which is definitely the cheapest I have found.
I collected some today and fitted them a moment ago.
Just to let anyone that is interested in purchasing climair wind deflectors for the t6 or t6.1
Euro car parts have them on offer at the moment at £37.49 which is definitely the cheapest I have found.
I collected some today and fitted them a moment ago.
Sorry to join the party late, but I just sold my T6 and kept the Climair deflectors for my new 22 plate Kombi, as I was told they would fit new T6.1. They don't, as window keeps opening as deflector sits next to window channel very tight, no screw fitting, hence window won't close, just keeps kicking back.
I ordered a pair from Europarts and when collected they were for a Ford Fiesta, lol.
Does anyone know if the ones from Europarts actually fit a 22 plate T6.1 ?

Sorry to join the party late, but I just sold my T6 and kept the Climair deflectors for my new 22 plate Kombi, as I was told they would fit new T6.1. They don't, as window keeps opening as deflector sits next to window channel very tight, no screw fitting, hence window won't close, just keeps kicking back.
I ordered a pair from Europarts and when collected they were for a Ford Fiesta, lol.
Does anyone know if the ones from Europarts actually fit a 22 plate T6.1 ?
I have just bought a set from Euro Car Parts for my 22 plate T6.1. They fit fine although my tip would be when you collect from the store, check the fitting kit isn’t missing and that they’re giving you the correct set of deflectors based on the Climair Part No.

Also, to save waiting for ‘stock’ to arrive which may never happen for you locally, you can call your local branch who can transfer stock from other stores. When I phoned recently they had a few sets dotted around the country but had some moved over so I was able to collect sooner than sitting in the email stock notification queue

I have just bought a set from Euro Car Parts for my 22 plate T6.1. They fit fine although my tip would be when you collect from the store, check the fitting kit isn’t missing and that they’re giving you the correct set of deflectors based on the Climair Part No.

Also, to save waiting for ‘stock’ to arrive which may never happen for you locally, you can call your local branch who can transfer stock from other stores. When I phoned recently they had a few sets dotted around the country but had some moved over so I was able to collect sooner than sitting in the email stock notification queue
Sounds as though you had the same experience I have!

The brackets were missing, but customer service just quoted the 'no screws or brackets' from the website.

Sounds as though you had the same experience I have!

The brackets were missing, but customer service just quoted the 'no screws or brackets' from the website.
I kept pestering the branch I picked mine up from and they posted some out to me special delivery . Failing that, Climair will send you some direct for £6 posted. Still works out cheaper overall compared to other shops I think.

out of stock again?

showing none for delivery?

One suggestion was if you don't have a 1mm drill bit, use a nail, or panel pin heated to melt a small hole. I found that less stressful
For the record I agonised over this but in the end realised I could use the carbide mini drills and a hand pin vice I have for doing PCB work.

Example on eBay.

The hand pin vice (finger drill) gives you a lot of control and the carbide drills are razor sharp, had the pilot hole in place very cleanly and simply with little stress.

Note for those hunting for a bargain:
1. You can get the carbide drills on their own but they won't work without a pin vice, you'll just instantly snap them in a regular drill.
2. You can get the pin vice on it's own with 100s of free HSS mini drills, don't use these drills they are "free" for a reason and tend not to bite and skid across the surface.

Back