Wind deflectors... which ones?

as above .
What make wins on quality?
Dumb question......

Do they actually stop the rain pi**ing in with the window open only 10mm?

Tried some on my t4 a few years back,
which got launched within a day , due to rattling /and generally causing the glass to not close properly.

Have they since improved

Cheers nick

Yeh. I got some.

They great for stopping the rain coming in and soaking the electric window switches.....

I'll have to dig out where I got them from..... they do restrict the a-pillar view slightly . . . But defiantly worth it in wet weather.

Ours has a couple of sticky bits and two metal clips each.

20180915_124917.jpg

Yeh. I got some.

They great for stopping the rain coming in and soaking the electric window switches.....

I'll have to dig out where I got them from..... they do restrict the a-pillar view slightly . . . But defiantly worth it in wet weather.

Ours has a couple of sticky bits and two metal clips each.

View attachment 28972
That's what im wanting !
No soaked electrics

Got Heko ones, but I’m not convinced. We get quite a bit of wind noise & very rarely open the windows for ventilation. I’m considering taking them off.

Got Heko ones, but I’m not convinced. We get quite a bit of wind noise & very rarely open the windows for ventilation. I’m considering taking them off.

I’m in the same boat , I have double checked they are fitted correctly and I still get wind noise that bugs me at the moment .
Drivers side almost sounds like the window is not shut . And the clips are defo pushed all the way in .
Their days are numbered !

More pics .... just because =/

Machine7. chanel mount. Smoked.

20180925_082427.jpg

20180925_082409.jpg

20180925_082356.jpg

More wind noise is sort of inevitable. Before fitting, the top of the outside of the window was sealed against a flexible rubber strip. With the deflectors fitted, the top of the window is now sealed against a hard plastic strip (the deflector). Small gaps are therefore more likely, and the deflectors themselves may generate additional noise as they stick out.

I don't find the additional noise too bad, but it is there (I have Dubflectas). We have kept them on as they are essential for ventilation in our camper overnight. If we didn't sleep in the van I wouldn't use them.

Pete

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat , I have double checked they are fitted correctly and I still get wind noise that bugs me at the moment .
Drivers side almost sounds like the window is not shut . And the clips are defo pushed all the way in .
Their days are numbered !
Yup, exactly the same here, I keep checking the window’s closed

Got Hekos on ours. No real issue with wind noise. Good for when camping and can't put the roof up for some reason. (high winds, low profile wildcamping, etc..). Gives you some air whilst keeping rain out and a bit of security of over the gap.

Back