Wind deflectors - my comparison.

I had the same concern and used a PCB pin drill, so simple I wish I'd done it months earlier.

Good shout that. There really is nothing to it & the idea of it is way worse than the reality. Once I got the screws out & realised just how tiny they are, I felt a bit of a plonker for being so concerned :rofl:

Nice!

It took a while for my windows to go up fully without triggering the anti trap but I have the insulated double glazed glass - after a week or so it was completely fine and back to normal.

Nice!

It took a while for my windows to go up fully without triggering the anti trap but I have the insulated double glazed glass - after a week or so it was completely fine and back to normal.
Insulated double glazing?! Tell me more!!

Insulated double glazing?! Tell me more!!
An option on the caravelle (not sure about other versions:

Laminated glass package with improved outside noise insulation. Z2A.

Basically, the windscreen and front windows are double layered, laminated glass. It does delete the std fit heated windscreen though, which is a bummer. The parking heater makes up for that though!! :p

Not sure how much difference it makes but driving at 65mph it's a very quiet place to be!

In terms of the wind deflectors, the side windows are very slightly thicker which means it takes a bit longer for the rubbers to form to the shape with the wind deflectors fitted.

An option on the caravelle (not sure about other versions:

Laminated glass package with improved outside noise insulation. Z2A.

Basically, the windscreen and front windows are double layered, laminated glass. It does delete the std fit heated windscreen though, which is a bummer. The parking heater makes up for that though!! :p

Not sure how much difference it makes but driving at 65mph it's a very quiet place to be!

In terms of the wind deflectors, the side windows are very slightly thicker which means it takes a bit longer for the rubbers to form to the shape with the wind deflectors fitted.
I wonder if you get benefits beyond sound insulation. Do they retain heat/cold better? Do they resist condensation better?

I would assume this,

If i am not mistaken, the original California's also have double layer 'glass' (except for cabin or also?) , looking at our caravan it is outfitted the same

Had my Climairs on for over 2 years now.
Never had any issues with them. Fit snugly, windows move up and down smoothly. Reduces wind noise considerably and also allow good ventilation when parked up, even with horizontal rain!
Oh, also, they look cool, a good relatively cheap mod for the van. :thumbsup:

Back