FREE Driver-side Heko wind-deflector

Funsy

Hi All

Lost my passenger side Heko wind deflector in the fast lane of the M4 last week. Wasn’t about to walk back and salvage the remnants.

Was about to chuck the driver side deflector in the bin. I thought I’d check that no one needs one. Free to collect 5 mins from junction 32 of M4.

Tony

Must be a design flaw I lost my passenger side recently as well, so now also have a spare drivers side ! Free to collect from Guildford - now if only someone had a spare passenger side......

Hmm my passenger one came unstuck / loose so removed the stainless clips, reattached with gorilla glue double sided tape and put the clips back. Been fine since.

Perhaps one to check / keep an eye on!

I can’t remember which one I lost but easily donated the other on this forum

Another one for loss of passenger side!! Happened last week. Wow it’s such a common issue!

Ha...my drivers side one literally fell out when i closed my door when the window was fully open the other day! i didn't know about those clips, so ill grab some before i refit.

I lost a passenger side one as well :D That reminds me, one of my clips fell out the other day, need to replace that!

Caught my driver’s side one yesterday as it tried to escape. The adhesive tape has failed over time. So new tape and it’s reattached. Fingers crossed.

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
Aren’t you using the clips as well?!!
Yes, and a couple of the extra ones you sent.
But without the tape holding that leading edge I think the wind gets under it and forces it backwards and downwards at the front.
The clips are only a friction fit after all.
I was rolling along at about 50 with the window down. This is the original deflector with old tape which had dried and gone brittle, not the one that you sent me which I put new tape on.
Perhaps the answer is to remove the deflectors every so often and replace the double sided tape.

Yes, and a couple of the extra ones you sent.
But without the tape holding that leading edge I think the wind gets under it and forces it backwards and downwards at the front.
The clips are only a friction fit after all.
I was rolling along at about 50 with the window down. This is the original deflector with old tape which had dried and gone brittle, not the one that you sent me which I put new tape on.
Perhaps the answer is to remove the deflectors every so often and replace the double sided tape.
I think that’s a wise approach. The tape doesn’t like heat and UV light. I’m not sure even branded tape like Gorilla double-sided would do any better.

PS - at least when renewing the tape you can do the whole length of the deflector rather than the couple of inches at each end

Just fitted mine today.

Took the advice here and ordered some extra clips

My observations . . . .

The tape is not designed to secure but merely hold in place whilst fitting clips. It doesn't get a good contact in any case.

I have fitted 6 clips to each side. The clips that come with the deflectors are better quality than the additional ones purchased on Amazon.

Before fitting the clips I made sure to pull them apart more to ensure a tighter pit when pressed into place. I also pulled out the small 'V' again to ensure it grips in place.

They both seem solid but I guess time will tell. Location of clips highlighted by red dots.

Screenshot_20220622-134541_Gallery.jpg

20220622_131125.jpg

20220622_131115.jpg

Lost our Heko passenger deflector too this year - don’t know where or when as only just noticed.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back