What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Exactly what I thought mate. They're not the 2 grand OEM LeDs but they're not 2 grand.
The non diffused part is what put me off thinking about the v2's - dont like spot leds.
Also..
Not what I've done to van but waved to fellow transporters and the trend continues.. non modded ones or not high spec are grumpy poos and just look at you as if your some walley.
Priceless.

@RedUn,
How did you get the glossed finish on your rear reflectors. I am thinking about getting the smoked black rear led lights, and I think the glossed reflectors would compliment the rear lights looks.

Yes I will as soon as normality resumes.

I might give my guy a ring and see if he wants to come and collect it and leave his here in the meantime if he's short on work.
Hi Loz, do you have the whole van wrapped or just the front end? What sort of cost do you pay?

i did look into it a while back but didn’t get any further than a precursory glance.

thx.

CZ.

@RedUn,
How did you get the glossed finish on your rear reflectors. I am thinking about getting the smoked black rear led lights, and I think the glossed reflectors would compliment the rear lights looks.
I painted them, I attempted to tint film them first and it was a nightmare because of the shape of them! VInyl will probably be easier but they are an easy shape to paint and you get the oem look :thumbsup:

Now that dose looks good did you wrapped them or did you spray them
Would that still be ok for an MOT like that ?
Sprayed as above :thumbsup: I'm no mot tester so I wouldn't like to say, there's reflectors in the rear lamps though? Lots of vehicles just have reflectors in the lights though so I guess it's ok?

Hi Loz, do you have the whole van wrapped or just the front end? What sort of cost do you pay?

i did look into it a while back but didn’t get any further than a precursory glance.

thx.

CZ.
Just front end, door handle cups and a couple of strategic parts further back where the stone chip just before the rear mudflaps.
I can't tell you how much as it was all part of a full new car prep and ceramic coating etc.

..... Ero uno di quelli che non potevano sostituire il filtro antipolline ... Avevo paura di fare danni ... ma ora mi sembra che abbiamo tutto il tempo per riparare le cose e infatti ho sostituito il filtra con calma e facilmente ... anche il mio filtro era in cattive condizioni, nero e sporco ... Sono curioso di sapere se c'è anche un filtro nella parte posteriore, altrimenti tutte le schifezze arrivano ...

bodged my pollen filter flap in the end. Araldite didnt work. twas to be expected. i used some consatiner 'd easter egg box and wedged it under the flap and the bottom securing rail for thre glovebox and put the bolt in to hold it in place, interested to see how long it lasts :whistle: haha
Shoulda taken a pic.. was the highlight of doing it, seeing folded easter egg boxes holding in a less than 3 year old part. the sort of thing id exepct to do on an old beater car :L
Hope everyones doing more enjoyable jobs :p

Well, I decided to remove the drivers seat (my first attempt) as I needed access to the amplifier to make some adjustments after the head unit was upgraded. Had a bit of of a head scratcher figuring out how the swivel base worked but after some guidance from the installer is was pretty straight forward actually.
I was very surprised and impressed at just how well everything was set-out in such a small space(picture was taken before the Duritic charger was put back in its place).....very reassuring as to why I only use one installer for anything electrical in my bus.

After and hour or so of tuning and listening and tuning and listening, I could finally reinstall the seat.
I also changed the air filter for a serviceable foam Pipercross filter. Time will tell if it helps improve the engines breathing but it’s mainly in preparation for a remap once this lock down ends.

1D597051-6F86-4283-80C5-DE961178AEDC.jpeg

4227DEEE-6CA5-40D8-993F-A61929C32669.jpeg

I managed to get my brakes back together after buying shiny new coated Brembo's and I painted the calipers.
Also plugged in my new carista and changed everything I wanted.......most importantly the rear wiper turned off when reversing.
MVIMG_20200412_122331.jpg

Back