What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted passenger side RIB swivel today . Took longer than expected as I had to modify my Sub inclosure so the swivel didn’t come into contact with the speaker ! I didn’t want to add any shims and make the seat any higher . Fairly happy with it . Rocks a lot when in turned position but ok when forward facing . I think I will need to adapt the rear low level seat base cover tomorrow. Seems very hard to get it to release.
Seems a bad design that the release lever fouls the plastic side on the seat !
D57FA25E-7A1D-4F07-9BD2-EE5D72332097.jpeg

Leave em mate....if you like em that's all that matters. If we all done the same thing life is boring. I painted mine black cos i operate in the boring/been tried/done before bubble.:thumbsup:
ToTally agree, I wasn't taking the Micky, when ever I see someone doing something different I always wish I had done something different. Keep them.

Leave em mate....if you like em that's all that matters. If we all done the same thing life is boring. I painted mine black cos i operate in the boring/been tried/done before bubble.:thumbsup:
Wot e sed.

Today’s jobs were mostly sorting out yesterdays jobs
1. Removed door card again to put foam wrap on ratting cable connector from yesterdays pocket lights install.
. Located blown fuse from yesterdays pumping tyres up using 12v pump, no spare of the right size. ordered spare fuses from Amazon.
3. Installed puddle light and pocket lights in the other door. I learn fast so put foam wrap on suspect cable before refitting door card this time. No rattle in this door, so far anyway

I’m in the same boat, now. I have googled foam cable wrap / sheets etc but can only find neoprene stuff and nothing like the stuff VW use in the factory... what have you wrapped yours in?

Got bored looking at the ugly side of the Cali seat (which would normally be unseen in a pure-bred) so have attempted to fab up a plastic panel to match. Just wants painting now
61952360-EFC9-400A-A10D-0D2F773E46FE.jpeg

Finally put my red footwell courtesy lights in, on the roof light circuit, thanks to @Deaky for that one. Fully controllable from the main cab light switch.
Next, ambient LEDs in the door cards and footwell lights in the Golf!

Carpetted the metalwork in Smoke Megastretch. Need to wait for my plywood panels now.....20200415_202304.jpg

I’m in the same boat, now. I have googled foam cable wrap / sheets etc but can only find neoprene stuff and nothing like the stuff VW use in the factory... what have you wrapped yours in?
I couldn't find anything on line either. In the end I used a combination of either cloth tape or that thin white foam wrap stuff you get in parcels. I basically made my own but it seems to have done the job nicely.

Back