What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Replacement lamps in a light not designed for them are never going to be as good as purpose made xenons, let alone purpose made LEDs

Replacement lamps in a light not designed for them are never going to be as good as purpose made xenons, let alone purpose made LEDs

I agree with that, but expected better from a pair of bulbs that cost £115 fitted to projector headlights. They are an improvement, but not quite as good as I had hoped.

The projected beam pattern is good (as it was with the halogen), the colour of the beam is better and a bit brighter than the halogen, but it isn’t £115 worth better.

I agree with that, but expected better from a pair of bulbs that cost £115 fitted to projector headlights. They are an improvement, but not quite as good as I had hoped.

The projected beam pattern is good (as it was with the halogen), the colour of the beam is better and a bit brighter than the halogen, but it isn’t £115 worth better.
Yes I think the position of the lighting element is a bit more critical with a projector light compared to a reflector and the LED can't be made in exactly the same place as a filament. What would be beter would be maybe 3 sided lamps with 3 elements to give a bit more coverage, with a focussing ring to allow fine adjustment of the LEDs along their axial length to put them in the right place

must of been a hell of a puddle!!
I cant see how else it would have gone missing.
It was a big puddle, when I came back through at 5am the floor had gone, I didn't see any large objects in the road and there is nothing in the hedge now.

In the 80’s a mate of mine went through flood water far too fast in his Holbay engined Hillman Hunter, so fast it ripped the fibreglass wing off. It was dark and no where to be seen. Went back the next day and it was up in a tree!

Had a to-do with a high kerb ...

77902A7D-919E-4EA2-9F81-EC3EE4CB86C2.jpeg

Then, whilst parking at the warehouse that inflicted this damage on my van, I lost the strap for the Cali bench down the middle of the seat.. so I was stuck, with some long boxes, and a seat back that wouldn’t rise or fall. All whilst fighting against a fairly severe bowel movement.
Talk about it being one of those days.

Had a to-do with a high kerb ...

View attachment 53960

Then, whilst parking at the warehouse that inflicted this damage on my van, I lost the strap for the Cali bench down the middle of the seat.. so I was stuck, with some long boxes, and a seat back that wouldn’t rise or fall. All whilst fighting against a fairly severe bowel movement.
Talk about it being one of those days.

$hite day all round then!

20191110_141830.jpg Deleted the chrome on the badgeless grill, finished off fitting the H7s that got a little damage from parcelforce and then added the tri color.
Partly because I like the look of it and partly because I have just forked out for the headlights that the penny pinching bean counters at Volkswagen should have fitted, so instead of driving round with their advertising slogan on the front I have staged my own little mini protest

20191110_141818.jpg

View attachment 54172 Deleted the chrome on the badgeless grill, finished off fitting the H7s that got a little damage from parcelforce and then added the tri color.
Partly because I like the look of it and partly because I have just forked out for the headlights that the penny pinching bean counters at Volkswagen should have fitted, so instead of driving round with their advertising slogan on the front I have staged my own little mini protest

View attachment 54173
How much did the h7's set you back if you don't mind sharing that is.

Back