What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Mate I will, but it’s been up and down so many times today and I’ve just fastened it all down nice and neat.
I’ll take a pic at weekend at Bala and post it up then.
It will depend on your pop top. I’ve gone through the pop top on the outside of the canvas so the cable is all external.
My pop top has a steel frame with a recess 4cm wide, so I drilled a couple of holes through there and my internal wiring was below that under a trim panel, so put the cables through there with some grommets and put new MC4 connectors on the cable ends.
I didn’t put the frame holes directly under the pop top holes to reduce stress on the cables when putting the top up and down, so they lie across rather than kink.
Hope they make sense. I guess it depends on your pop top make as to how easy it is to route through.099CAC3D-D021-4C78-889D-DF0A95ADFF6C.jpeg043012F6-8741-46A9-9EF6-79021C9278AF.jpeg

Same experience I’ve had since I put my “big brakes” on a fortnight ago….just doing their thing. So, I decided to “stand on the anchors” one day…..jeez wept, everything in the van went flying as it stopped on a sixpence!!!
Told you they are good. There when you need them @JOG

I used hot water and a trim tool , I was expecting the whole thing to pull away then to my surprise only the silver emblem popped off , very happy with that
Thanks. Any tips on where to start with the trim tool?

I have purchased and fitted (I use the word loosely) a half bonnet bra, I am not overly happy with the fitment of it hence no pictures yet, where I am struggling with it is the angled corners by the headlight/wing intersection, I can’t get it tight enough into that so it’s a little like a sock with the toes not meeting the end. Hopefully a few days on and some settling in may change that, it’s 90% there and will do the intended job as it is.
Once happy I will post some images.

I have purchased and fitted (I use the word loosely) a half bonnet bra, I am not overly happy with the fitment of it hence no pictures yet, where I am struggling with it is the angled corners by the headlight/wing intersection, I can’t get it tight enough into that so it’s a little like a sock with the toes not meeting the end. Hopefully a few days on and some settling in may change that, it’s 90% there and will do the intended job as it is.
Once happy I will post some images.
It will be interesting to hear (and see) the end result here. I’ve been considering a bonnet bra as it’s peppered with stonechips already. Which one did you get?

It will be interesting to hear (and see) the end result here. I’ve been considering a bonnet bra as it’s peppered with stonechips already. Which one did you get?
I got the custom covers one, I have their seat covers which are superb.

Looks great fella, do share company name pls

Hi ma77y, company is Detail My Car, located at Greenham Common airbase (ex) in west berks.

Their post on the work done :
Thing I was really impressed with was the removal of the ghosting from old sign writing from previous owner - I didn’t see this when I purchased as it was only visible in certain light. Was gutted when I first saw it and didn’t think it would be fixable, but these guys have sorted!

ready for the summer

Back