What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Snap! Apparently after 15 years of random spasms and time off on the sick the referred physio says I have a disc bulge....... my chiropractor disagreed so I'm still non the wiser.
Hmm… Physio based on real medicine, or a dangerous bone cracker? I know which I would choose.

Reactions: JOG
Snap! Apparently after 15 years of random spasms and time off on the sick the referred physio says I have a disc bulge....... my chiropractor disagreed so I'm still non the wiser.
It’s so annoying, can you get an MRI to at least get an answer to your problem? I had one then found out I had a collapsed disc.

Nothing that a £12k surgery bill won’t fix! (Well that what it cost me over 10 years ago!)
Same as me but thankfully my private health covered the bill. Have to say though that part of my back is solid 3 years on.

Nope, one and the same! Nothing to see here, move along (if you can!!!)
Hobbling away now.

Good job! How hard was that and what did you trim them with?
@JOG It was easier than expected ......i'm using Milano suede from AS Trim supplies. It has loads of stretch, almost lycra like making it really easy to use.

@JOG It was easier than expected ......i'm using Milano suede from AS Trim supplies. It has loads of stretch, almost lycra like making it really easy to use.

I’ve just got some samples of milano and plan on doing my A and B pillars soon so glad to hear it’s easy to use. Mind me asking what adhesive you used?

I’ve just got some samples of milano and plan on doing my A and B pillars soon so glad to hear it’s easy to use. Mind me asking what adhesive you used?
I used their hi temp adhesive.......no issues so far. I've got my cab roof to do (not looking for ward to it) and i'm going to get my sun visors done by someone who knows how to sew lol

I used their hi temp adhesive.......no issues so far. I've got my cab roof to do (not looking for ward to it) and i'm going to get my sun visors done by someone who knows how to sew lol

Ideal thanks will get some adhesive ordered and jump into it I think. I’m planning on doing cab headlining as well but not 100% sure on what to do with the sun visors. I’m going to paint my door cards as well.

Sorted out my Fiamma45 rattle - easy fix with some adhesive pads and the tips on here :D .... No idea why the manufacturer doesn't address the issue as it would cost very little to remedy.

Ideal thanks will get some adhesive ordered and jump into it I think. I’m planning on doing cab headlining as well but not 100% sure on what to do with the sun visors. I’m going to paint my door cards as well.
I went silver to avoid painting plastics.....personally i think it never looks oem and will always chip/mark at some point.

Get some pics up when your done.

It will be interesting to hear (and see) the end result here. I’ve been considering a bonnet bra as it’s peppered with stonechips already. Which one did you get?
Well not much improvement after a week of being fitted, I guess maybe I am expecting a bit too much, my reservations are the bottom corners on each side, it just seems a little baggy for want of a better way of expressing it. For the most part it’s fine, does it do it’s job yes 100% am I too fussy probably. Can I see it while driving nope.

FF7DA5A0-1AC9-4C1C-AC00-A7876659A945.jpeg

1E9DC56F-816C-4066-9C83-E6E1498E8828.jpeg

065EF6E9-3AA5-4012-B9FC-F50584B75036.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Well not much improvement after a week of being fitted, I guess maybe I am expecting a bit too much, my reservations are the bottom corners on each side, it just seems a little baggy for want of a better way of expressing it. For the most part it’s fine, does it do it’s job yes 100% am I too fussy probably. Can I see it while driving nope.

View attachment 155632

View attachment 155633

View attachment 155634
Oh cool, it’s not a full bonnet cover, not sure I’ve seen one like that in a T6 before.
I watched a video about fitting them the other day (veedubs I think). In the video it looked really creased and baggy but they said once left with the engine warming it and the sun etc retighten after a month or so. So I guess it will still get better given a little more time. If it makes you feel any better I can’t really see the issue in the photos and it looks good!

Edit: just seen that you said it was a half cover in your original post! :rolleyes:

Oh cool, it’s not a full bonnet cover, not sure I’ve seen one like that in a T6 before.
I watched a video about fitting them the other day (veedubs I think). In the video it looked really creased and baggy but they said once left with the engine warming it and the sun etc retighten after a month or so. So I guess it will still get better given a little more time. If it makes you feel any better I can’t really see the issue in the photos and it looks good!
To be honest, it’s not that bad at all, and I need to remember it was only £30, I am pretty happy, and yes give it a month or so and I’m sure it will all be fine.

To be honest, it’s not that bad at all, and I need to remember it was only £30, I am pretty happy, and yes give it a month or so and I’m sure it will all be fine.
You likely already know this but make sure you keep under it immaculately clean, i made a right mess of an absolutely perfect corrado bonnet by leaving it on too long and ended up with a nice etch line along the bonnet where little bits of dirt were allowed to sit under it for too long. Learned the hard way to remove and clean regularly!

You likely already know this but make sure you keep under it immaculately clean, i made a right mess of an absolutely perfect corrado bonnet by leaving it on too long and ended up with a nice etch line along the bonnet where little bits of dirt were allowed to sit under it for too long. Learned the hard way to remove and clean regularly!
Hi Tim

That’s a good shout, when I washed it this morning I thought that it should come off regularly to keep it free from grime and bits underneath. :)

Back