I've seen these for the T5.1

The DRL flashes/sweeps orange when indicating.

More money...:whistle: anyone wanna buy a set of thq v2 headlights with osram nightbreaker lazers?.....:D:D

I thought the V2 had "dynamic indicators" already? The T5.1 ones on their IG page look awful though, very cheap looking and you can barely tell they're moving

I’ve been reading the last few pages of this thread and I feel that the more I read, the more confused I am!

What I am after is brighter headlights to my stock T6 headlamps, I am not particularly bothered by the fancy indicators, I don’t have access to VCDS to reprogram and I don’t feel confident enough to be removing any bodywork. Could anyone advice what my options are for straight forward swap outs?

thanks,
Ambrose

I’ve been reading the last few pages of this thread and I feel that the more I read, the more confused I am!

What I am after is brighter headlights to my stock T6 headlamps, I am not particularly bothered by the fancy indicators, I don’t have access to VCDS to reprogram and I don’t feel confident enough to be removing any bodywork. Could anyone advice what my options are for straight forward swap outs?

thanks,
Ambrose

Depends what you have now - H4 or H7.

Pete

Travelin-Lite informed me that the new gen T6 aftermarket headlamps would be just like the latest T5.1 offerings now, in that the DRL would extinguish and then dynamically flash amber for an indicator.

I think they and THQ use the same manufacturer (I’m sure someone on here has said that) so they’ll probably have them in at the same time.

@Ambrose sorry but you've got to join the queue in the LEDs in an H4 headlight thread where we're currently waiting for a Canbus filter to see if that stops my Novsight LEDs flickering when the engine is running.

On the other hand though we also need some hero to try fitting an H4 Hid retro fit lamp kit to their shonky VW H4 headlights so we can see if that's a viable option too, either way nobody has managed to come up with a spectacular improvement over the stock halogen so far using easy to fit LEDs apart from @andys and sadly his lamps are no longer available... of the properly bright LEDs that are out there surgery is a prerequisite so if you're not happy butchering your stock lamps then swapping your stock H4 headlights for stock H7 type headlights with twin reflectors and a dedicated dip and main beam each side is a moderate improvement as is fitting the THQ headlights which are a projector type headlights and again dedicated dip and main beams, received wisdom with the last two headlight types is to get them coded so that dip stays on when you swap to main beam (fudge factor) giving you two lots of yellow halogen at the same time and at this point we're all back to looking for a better light source to kick halogen back into the early 1970s where it belongs along with sealed beams.

The easiest no modding option to give a maybe 20% improvement in lighting output would be to fit Philips Racing Vision halogens from Europarts etc. at about £20 ish but have a look at the piccies taken in the various lighting threads to get an idea of how shockingly poor halogen lights can look in H4, H7 and THQ headlights, I honestly think that a decent light source, either LED or Hid, in a stock H4 light can perform better than the H7 or THQ lights when they're fitted with halogen lamps... as for running dip and main beam at the same time why not stick the fog light and DRLs on too... we need a decent dip light not just bucket loads of poorly controlled light.

I think I've read every post in this thread today........attached is a pic I stole from this thread to reference.
Does the DRL's look spotty like this or is it just the camera. The first ford focus and fiesta DRL's look like this and seem a bit cheap compared to the modern versions.
Can any one shine some light on this for me....pardon the pun.
5D04B784-E348-494F-8AEE-A9CDB038C4C4.jpeg

I think I've read every post in this thread today........attached is a pic I stole from this thread to reference.
Does the DRL's look spotty like this or is it just the camera. The first ford focus and fiesta DRL's look like this and seem a bit cheap compared to the modern versions.
Can any one shine some light on this for me....pardon the pun.
View attachment 55232
The V2 lights look exactly like that pic.

The V3 lights due early next year look like a solid led bar rather than dotty.

I like the V2, but may replace with V3 as the solid LED bar looks more premium.

The V2 lights look exactly like that pic.

The V3 lights due early next year look like a solid led bar rather than dotty.

I like the V2, but may replace with V3 as the solid LED bar looks more premium.
Any link to version 3 fella?

sorry for the late reply! In the video they look the same unit as the V2, all black but the part around the main lights is silver. The indicator is in the light bar instead of below it. As mentioned above, I'm not a massive fan of the sweeping indicator but the lightbar looks like it's a solid unit instead of the single led that can be seen in the picture above. I think it is the same unit that was brought out for the T5 earlier this year.

Back