Aftermarket headlight issues

Andy123

Hi all just a quick question, I have recently upgraded my 19 plate T6 headlights to after market led projector lights with sequential indicators, the DRL bar acts as the sidelight but it doesn’t dim when the switch is turned to sidelight position ? Only when on headlight position, I have changed the headlight bulbs to H11 leds and I have a bulb warning light on the dash board every time the lights are on ? Can anyone tell me what lm doing wrong please .

You’re getting an error on the dash because the van is expecting to see the resistance of a filament bulb, not a led so it thinks a bulb has blown. You need a resistor in parallel to fool the van.

If the van is driving them as a filament lamp then it may be dimming them, but the LEDs still look as bright to you due to their efficiency.

Which units did you fit and what is the manufacturers advice on wiring?

DRL bar acts as the sidelight but it doesn’t dim when the switch is turned to sidelight position ?
Any difference when a) engine is running b) ignition on (engine off) c) ignition off - no key in ignition lock?

Who's headlights are they?

Back