Bulb warning after fitting THQ lights

Octane85

T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve emailed THQ with this but always happy to hear if anyone has any thoughts.

I fitted the v3 headlights along with the H7 LEDs THQ and osram night breakers for high beam and the THQ T6 style sequential rear lights.

All lights work fine and as expected. However, I’m getting a bulb out warning.

I scanned with Carista and it came up saying it was both left and right low beam. I reset the fault code just in case it was ‘remembering’ from previous bulb failure.

Sure enough the bulb out warning light still comes up but now Carista doesn’t pick up any faults.

One thing I have noticed is that the bulb warning light only comes on either when I manually turn on sidelights (rather than auto) or if I use one of the indicators.

My full setup is now v3 DRLs (with THQ H7 LEDs plus Osram Nightbreakers), THQ T6 sequential rear lights and sequential side indicators.

According to the THQ website, everything I’ve fitted should not give any warning lights (that’s why I bought these specific ones), but I’m now stuck as to what could be causing this.

I had the same with my THQ rears..............just had the warning coded out with VCDS. No issues with the headlights.

The Transporter must have the most sensitive bulb monitoring system of any vehicle. Some people are lucky with replacement LEDs, other get bulb warnings triggered by the slightest anomaly.

The best once and for all fix is to turn off the problematic bulb monitoring circuits with VCDS. I'm sure you'll find someone local that will be able to do that for you.

I do think coding out is probably the way I’m going to solve this. But want to exhaust all possible avenues before taking that route.

I had the same with my THQ rears..............just had the warning coded out with VCDS. No issues with the headlights.

Interesting that you mention the rears.
I fitted these first and that’s what brought the bulb on. But I also had iffy led bulbs in the headlights, so thought when I fit the THQ headlights all will be sorted. Especially with Carista reporting low beam bulbs.

I genuinely think it’s something to do with the rears. Will wait to see what THQ say.

Update, just for anyone searching this in future:

Just spoke to THQ, who have advised the problem will be due to me having the aftermarket DRL bumper inserts fitted. Options are to either code out the bulb warning with Vagcom, or to remove/disconnect the DRL inserts.

Sorry i had someone do this for me........lots on here with VCDS so i'm sure someone can help.

Hi all, I have the same issue and I have searched the site for solutions.
I have THQ v3 lights with H1 LED and H7 LED, as well as having fitted their rear lights and side repeaters. I fitted the rear and side and then about a week later the front headlights. Since doing so, I get a bulb light on the dash if I turn on the main beam... flashing the main beam seems fine, but the warning comes on if I turn the main beam on... light off after engine off, so it isn't constant. I have Carista and also the Car Scanner app which has a coding section, but I can't locate where I should be looking from the THQ help video on this. Can anyone with VCDS help with this nearby? I am in Leyland; happy to arrange beverages of choice in return!

I've just ordered H1 and H7 for THQ.

For my V3.

So I'll be doing this soon.

Can you code out the bulb warning with Carista? I have it coming on when I indicate right, it's really annoying!!

Can you code out the bulb warning with Carista? I have it coming on when I indicate right, it's really annoying!!
I wasn’t able to find the option in Carista so had a guy I know code it out with VCDS. There’s a video on the THQ page that walks through it - I think it’s on the H1 LED page

Back