Can anyone with the HID kit offer a little assistance? Just got my V3s and HID kit today, all seems pretty straight forward. Just one question, what connectors in the light (blue and black) do the female spade connectors with the HID (red and black) connect to? Does it go red to blue and black to black or the other way round? Thanks

View attachment 66319
Think that’s right mate

Hi,
Has anyone with the new THQ V3 headlights along with the new LED lamps noticed them flickering? I have noticed this evening that mine flicker slightly.
According to their website it states not flickering’.

Do you mean the dipped beam bulbs flickering? Mine did in my V1s with the engine running, hence the swap to HIDs. The vans (especially the newer ones) just can't cope with them.

Yes the dipped beam, I purchased their new LED H7 bulbs with the new headlights. I just noticed a slight flickering.

Yes the dipped beam, I purchased their new LED H7 bulbs with the new headlights. I just noticed a slight flickering.
I would contact THQ and discuss it with them. They claim to have tested them extensively to ensure no flickering, so I would expect them to replace them immediately for some that don’t flicker.

Hi guys, can anyone please offer advice on how to correct my beam pattern? In the first photo I have the lights set so they are level with the hedge and not blinding oncoming traffic but I still get a darker section in the centre. In the second photo I have angled the lights down using the in cab dial to give a better view of the dark spot I mean. I have tried using the adjusters behind the light but dont seem to be having much luck annoyingly

20200420_211759.jpg

20200420_211854.jpg

Hi guys, can anyone please offer advice on how to correct my beam pattern? In the first photo I have the lights set so they are level with the hedge and not blinding oncoming traffic but I still get a darker section in the centre. In the second photo I have angled the lights down using the in cab dial to give a better view of the dark spot I mean. I have tried using the adjusters behind the light but dont seem to be having much luck annoyingly

View attachment 66668

View attachment 66669
I'm inclined to think your drivers side bulb might not be seated correctly.

Isn’t there an instruction to rotate the lamps slightly to avoid the dark spots on the LEDs getting into the light pattern?

See about 8mins in (assuming you have the LEDs!)

Last edited:
I'm inclined to think your drivers side bulb might not be seated correctly.
Thnks for the thoughts, I fitted them while lights were out to try and make sure they were seated right but I will try have a rummage around from behind later to make sure. I feel like the right light should move over to the left to match up with the left lights angular section.

Isn’t there an instruction to rotate the lamps slightly to avoid the dark spots on the LEDs getting into the light pattern?

See about 8mins in (assuming you have the LEDs!)
Unfortunately not quite as simple as that as I went for the HID's. Output and cutoff is great just this little spot bugging me

I'd say that's pretty good for aftermarket headlights. You're never going to drive with them lowered like in the second picture. The slight void (and beyond) will be filled in with main beam with no oncoming traffic. When traffic is coming towards you, their beam pattern will merge with yours, so you'll never see it.

I'd say that's pretty good for aftermarket headlights. You're never going to drive with them lowered like in the second picture. The slight void (and beyond) will be filled in with main beam with no oncoming traffic. When traffic is coming towards you, their beam pattern will merge with yours, so you'll never see it.
That's a good point regarding the oncoming traffics lights filling the dark spot. I haven't fitted aftermarket lights before so unsure of what quality to expect really, good to know I haven't done anything drastically wrong. If anyone else with the HID's fitted could maybe post a couple of pics of their beam pattern that would be helpful. Also @dubber36 thanks for your extensive research on the HID's, done a lot of reading on the V2 post to find what would work best with the THQ lights.

View attachment 66668

View attachment 66669
I had to pop in to the garage that recently did a load of work on my van today. Since they did the work I have fitted a set of V3’s with HIDs. While I was there I asked them to check the alignment which they did on their MoT headlight tester. The level was spot on on both sides but the kick up on the drivers side was way too far to the right. A couple of mins of testing and adjustment and it’s all sorted. Might be worth popping in to your local MoT tester and asking if they will just check your alignment for you. Much simpler than finding a large white wall and 10m on space

I would contact THQ and discuss it with them. They claim to have tested them extensively to ensure no flickering, so I would expect them to replace them immediately for some that don’t flicker.

THQ have sent me a replacement set of LED's, I have installed these and yet these flicker too! I am now inclined to think this has something to do with the van and not solely the LED bulbs. They only flicker when the engine is running, so I'm wondering if it is anything to do with a voltage issue?
Does anyone have any ideas?

It's the van. The newer the van, the more sensitive it is to these sort of bulbs. Even with bulb monitoring turned off, it's still working in the background. From what I understand there is a minuscule voltage difference going through the headlights when the engine is running compared to when it isn't. The van thinks "Hang on, there's a problem with the lights, I'll turn them off. Hang on, no there wasn't, I'll turn them back on again"... and so on. This is what the flickering is.

A few months ago, we established that LEDs were rubbish, and that for the best reliable light output, which HID kit to use instead. A few people have either not seen or ignored the findings, but those that have are more than happy.

According to THQ they have tested the LED’s extensively on lots of variations of the T5 & T6, and can therefore market them as ‘non-flicker’.
Im not sure they’d say this if it wasn’t achievable?

My T6 is only on a 65 plate so not the newest of models.
According to them they haven’t had any other instances of this.

Back