Hi All
I'm from Transporter Hq
Just wanted to confirm a few points for you all

Our New T6 Led Drl headlights use H7 and H1 bulbs and the DRL is an led strip as pictured

There has been some speak of our lights giving you a bulb warning light or putting the engine management light on. Just to confirm we have tested these lights over the last year before we went into production, we tested them in all variations of T6 from euro 5 early panel vans to euro 6 Kombi's and Velles. We have tested them in every variation of van to check we don't get any warning lights.... which we didn't!

When high beam is selected the dipped beam will go off this is to comply with global manufacturing regulations, however it's not an mot fail for both to come on. We are in the process of making a loom which will enable both to come on with high beam. Once longer term testing has been done and we are happy with it, it will be available for FREE.
It will also be FREE for anyone who has our lights fitted all ready

I appreciate there appear to be a number of different versions of the new 'LED DRL' aftermarket headlight unit available: Transporter HQ, Travelin Lite, Van Tech

I guess I'm just expressing my disappointment that one of the aftermarket 'upgrade' solutions isn't quite right i.e. the unwanted dash warning light. For an outlay of nearly £500 I would expect any product, be it OEM or aftermarket to operate 100% correctly. Brighter headlights? Yes! Unwanted dash warning light? Not so much.

And I'm pretty sure that in the fullness of time, the majority of T6's out there will be/are Euro 6 since the Euro 5 ceased production some time ago...

Are TransporterHQ lights also significant improvement to Velle H7? or is it only cosmetic (better look) if compared to VW H7? cheers

Something that needs to be clarified regarding the new wiring loom is where the current to the H7 bulb comes from when used in conjunction with the H1 bulb for Main (High) Beam. I'd like to think that it's not all being fed from the Main (High) Beam circuit and that they will use a relay and separate fused feed from the battery (or a similar solution).

Something that needs to be clarified regarding the new wiring loom is where the current to the H7 bulb comes from when used in conjunction with the H1 bulb for Main (High) Beam. I'd like to think that it's not all being fed from the Main (High) Beam circuit and that they will use a relay and separate fused feed from the battery (or a similar solution).

As everyone who has done the mod so far, h4 to h7, just change the bit in the bcm...... that’s the simple and most effective way

Thank you @Transporter HQ for coming on and putting the ‘nay sayers’ mind at ease. I researched your lights thoroughly and am confident of their improvement to my standards H4s. Apart from the light benefits I think they look ‘the bollox’ too so will be splendid on my vehicle.

Going on this weekend so will post up some before and after shots for those still curious about the lights.

Our lights are made by probably one of the biggest oem vehicle headlamp manufactures in the world
They designed the loom, and they say it’s fit for purpose then that’s good enough!

Our lights are made by probably one of the biggest oem vehicle headlamp manufactures in the world
They designed the loom, and they say it’s fit for purpose then that’s good enough!

With respect, the OEM manufacturers generally work to a specification produced by the customer (e.g. VW if they supplied headlights to the factory) and go through NPI and PPAP processes (amongst others) to unsure form, fit and function to specification (I used to do this for a major automotive company).

It is probably worth finding out more about the design from your manufacturer so that you can provide your potential customers with a more informed and meaningful response. I would personally use VCDS to keep both bulbs on so that it works as VW intended,

With respect, the OEM manufacturers generally work to a specification produced by the customer (e.g. VW if they supplied headlights to the factory) and go through NPI and PPAP processes (amongst others) to unsure form, fit and function to specification (I used to do this for a major automotive company).

It is probably worth finding out more about the design from your manufacturer so that you can provide your potential customers with a more informed and meaningful response. I would personally use VCDS to keep both bulbs on so that it works as VW intended,

One problem with vcds though is that not everyone has got it, and two most people wouldn’t know how to do it
What we have done is tried to get a soloution which is the easiest for the customer which in this case is a loom

Thank you @Transporter HQ for coming on and putting the ‘nay sayers’ mind at ease. I researched your lights thoroughly and am confident of their improvement to my standards H4s. Apart from the light benefits I think they look ‘the bollox’ too so will be splendid on my vehicle.

Going on this weekend so will post up some before and after shots for those still curious about the lights.

+1

Did you go for black or chrome?

Mine were shipped today, so hoping they will arrive before the weekend and I can get them fitted too!

One problem with vcds though is that not everyone has got it, and two most people wouldn’t know how to do it
What we have done is tried to get a soloution which is the easiest for the customer which in this case is a loom

So what would happen if someone were to fit the upcoming 'new/edited wiring' version of your headlights to a H7 headlight equipped vehicle that already has the dual bulb high beam enabled in the coding!?

It might be better to leave the light wiring as is and just supply the adapter loom for those replacing H4 units who don't have access to VCDS (to enable dual bulb high beam).

Last edited:
Or get a manufacturer to produce a simple one shot programmer that you plug in and it does that simple vcds change like I have seen for other things. Add it to the cost of the kit on a deposit basis...just a thought...

ok, they constitute better alternative for H4 both in terms of light output and look.However not much of a replacement for h7 unless
aesthetics is what one desireS. they look great but not an alternative for me, unfortunately.

Last edited:

I asked the question as it will be of benefit to those that won't be using VCDS and what you are doing for these customers is excellent, however I would suggest the source of the power for the H7 bulb needs to be identified for main (high) beam. For the same reason that tow bar wiring requires a separate relay module to power the lights on the trailer unit, it is very likely that to get a further 55W to each headlight unit will require a similar solution.

Do you know if the loom will be covered in the ECE R48 approval once it becomes a permanent part of the headlight unit?

Back