I had a customer come to collect some stuff from me yesterday. He came in his t6 which he'd fitted transporter HQ lights to. He has a bulb failure error on the dash but no bulbs are failed....
That doesn't sound good...

What bulbs is everyone using?
The pre fitted h1 and h7 are 55w each but the supplied Limastar lamps in the box are 100w!!
The rear of the unit is stamped with 55w as the correct rating?...
My understanding is that 100w bulbs are also illegal for street use in the U.K.
They are illegal, the bulbs in your van are 55w. I used them in my old mini years ago but when I fitted them to another car I found the wiring was not up to it and the light switch melted. You need upgraded looms for them like on a rally car

Is VW LED module bulbs' output also 55W? Same lumens-if it measured this way? Can someone enlighten me ?

I'm with @YellowHound on this. I'll let the early adopters deal with the teething issues if any. And yes, that wiring is ugly

I've been close to 'add to basket' with both THQ and Travelin Lite but a little unsure as to the 'black' or 'chrome' version. Need to see them in the flesh I think. Do the 'chrome' versions look 'blingy' compared to the OEM lights? Definitely don't want bling and want to maintain a factory look.

The chrome looks identical to OEM and not blingy at all. The area around the actual projector / reflectors are black like the factory lights. I've had mine out the box and unless you knew they were aftermarket.... you wouldn't know the difference.
I'm not that bothered about the wiring, it's necessary evil that can easily be cleaned up. Getting hung up on it over the safety of being able to see at night is crazy IMO.

I had a customer come to collect some stuff from me yesterday. He came in his t6 which he'd fitted transporter HQ lights to. He has a bulb failure error on the dash but no bulbs are failed....

If the extra bulbs are 100W and he has fitted them that would cause the warning light. I expect the other units available that use the H9 65W bulbs only chuck up the warning light due to the extra load.

Regarding the pictures of the wiring, they must be pre-production or prototype units; there is no way a production unit would be presented like that. I've seen neater wiring on the back of a teenager's car stereo.

Is the lens bonded on or just held in place with those metal clips?

Some pics of my TransporterHQ headlights fitted,

My honest opinion, they units look like oem and the drl improve the front aesthetically

Regarding light output, it is well improved over the H4, but obviously not the same as OEM led

At the price, I’m happy with the look/quality/output

8A16D9C5-C6C9-49DF-9C8C-3E549C9FE6B3.jpeg

E2A8FC71-9C24-451C-91DA-66FC52189040.jpeg

729C5DE8-F55F-4F63-B593-34423F59BA31.jpeg

Some pics of my TransporterHQ headlights fitted,

My honest opinion, they units look like oem and the drl improve the front aesthetically

Regarding light output, it is well improved over the H4, but obviously not the same as OEM led

At the price, I’m happy with the look/quality/output

View attachment 17414

View attachment 17415

View attachment 17416

Looking good :thumbsup:

Can you confirm that they are error free, and out of curiosity, which bulbs did you use?

Yes error free ,

I had Philips bulbs fitted on the h4 and just transferred them across to the new units

I believe led bulbs are available so will source them

The chrome looks identical to OEM and not blingy at all. The area around the actual projector / reflectors are black like the factory lights. I've had mine out the box and unless you knew they were aftermarket.... you wouldn't know the difference.
I'm not that bothered about the wiring, it's necessary evil that can easily be cleaned up. Getting hung up on it over the safety of being able to see at night is crazy IMO.

@ZipcodeUK are your lights the same as what T6Paul's photos show? When I look at the Travelin Lite site, they look like different units - obvious LED indicators and the back of the unit has the electrical plug built into the housing rather than crudely wired?

@ZipcodeUK are your lights the same as what T6Paul's photos show? When I look at the Travelin Lite site, they look like different units - obvious LED indicators and the back of the unit has the electrical plug built into the housing rather than crudely wired?

Looking at them yes, they look identical with the black inners and chrome "reflectors" / bulb surrounds.
(There's another varioution I've seen elsewhere that's all black).
Yes they have the "crude" wiring but honestly considering the rest of the unit it doesn't bother me. Once the cables are nicely wrapped and under the hood you not going to see them / care. I'm ok with that and I'm super picky.
Here's photos of one of my lights, hopefully get them installed tomorrow.

IMG_9477.JPG IMG_9479.JPG IMG_9482.JPG IMG_9480.JPG

Travelinlite are selling two variants, one of which is identical to those sold by Transporterhq

Edit... Sorry too slow!

Travelinlite are selling two variants, one of which is identical to those sold by Transporterhq

Edit... Sorry too slow!

Correct, they have two versions.... :) one with the chrome surrounds and one all black. I'm not a fan of the all black ones.... but i did also pre-order these before the black ones were 'released'. I wouldn't of changed my mind either.

Looking at them yes, they look identical with the black inners and chrome "reflectors" / bulb surrounds.
(There's another varioution I've seen elsewhere that's all black).
Yes they have the "crude" wiring but honestly considering the rest of the unit it doesn't bother me. Once the cables are nicely wrapped and under the hood you not going to see them / care. I'm ok with that and I'm super picky.
Here's photos of one of my lights, hopefully get them installed tomorrow.

View attachment 17417 View attachment 17418 View attachment 17419 View attachment 17421

Yes, I'd say they are the same as mine, although yours appear to have a textured 'hexagonal' pattern inside? (looking closely at the last photo)

Just looking at the 'other' version on the Van Tech site and it states the images (led indicators and hidden wiring) are actually from a sample and the final product may differ slightly! I guess all the sellers have the same unit for sale (better looking from the outside and 'crude' wiring at the back).

Edit - They are different units check this link VW Volkswagen Transporter Caravelle T6 Headlights Headlamps Projector DRL LED | eBay

Last edited:
Doesn't look like I'll be fitting my new lights this weekend, I've just taken the second unit out of the box and it doesn't match the other side!! :mad:

Doesn't look like I'll be fitting my new lights this weekend, I've just taken the second unit out of the box and it doesn't match the other side!! :mad:
It’s not meant to, one will be shaped for the near side, and the other for the off side.:whistle:

In all seriousness though, i’m sure a quick call will got it resolved. TransporterHQ fitted my B14’s last year. Now getting a knocking from front struts. No quibble they told me to bring it back for them to look at, so going Monday.

Back