My V3's and a set of HIDs arrived today. Now I'm going to have to have a good argument with myself over what is most important. I was planning to fix a motorcycle this weekend.
Got mine too, rears fitted today V3 will go in tomorrow

Likewise, mine arrived this morning with the LED bulb upgrade option and also got a pair for the fog lights too...

...hoping to tackle this over the next few days!

Damn it, I should have been brave and gone for the LEDs shouldn’t I!
Anyway, I will try and remember to get a photo tonight of the standard lights and then the upgrades tomorrow. Obviously from my driveway only;)

So I got up early today (earlier than a planned but one of the kids woke me up!) and thought I’d crack on!

View attachment 65507View attachment 65508View attachment 65509View attachment 65510View attachment 65511View attachment 65512View attachment 65513

I have to say and admit that I actually prefer the less opaque diffuser on the V2. I understand that the diffuser is whiter to hide the leds more but I personally would’ve been fine with that...just my thought and preference.

It does look a little bit like when you don’t get an option on a dash and get a blank instead.
I’m getting a bit distracted by what looks like a lambo in the background though

It does look a little bit like when you don’t get an option on a dash and get a blank instead.
I’m getting a bit distracted by what looks like a lambo in the background though

Lol...ooops! I should’ve taken a little more care when taking the pictures

Agreed, it does look good!
6C09520B-F661-4E4A-AEAC-7E5A31C919AF.jpeg
Mine are in now and they are looking good too!

But I now have an issue with the reversing camera! When the engine is running and in reverse it sounds like the relay is chattering, the camera doesn’t work but the parking sensors do. When the ignition is on but not the engine it works fine! I need to check whether the reversing light is still working, I checked it after fitting the rear lights yesterday and it was ok. Any ideas anyone?

Agreed, it does look good!
View attachment 65541
Mine are in now and they are looking good too!

But I now have an issue with the reversing camera! When the engine is running and in reverse it sounds like the relay is chattering, the camera doesn’t work but the parking sensors do. When the ignition is on but not the engine it works fine! I need to check whether the reversing light is still working, I checked it after fitting the rear lights yesterday and it was ok. Any ideas anyone?

Looking good buddy!

I’ve just been and checked mine as I’ve moved mine since installation but my camera is fine. Maybe related to the rear lights installed yesterday?

Looking good buddy!

I’ve just been and checked mine as I’ve moved mine since installation but my camera is fine. Maybe related to the rear lights installed yesterday?
Yeah it’s nothing to do with these as I noticed before when moving the van to fit them. I think I’ll do some research while having some beer this afternoon and worry about it tomorrow;)

Happy Good Friday everyone!

Got mine done too, complete with HIDs. Just need it to get dark now so I can test them properly. I was disappointed to get a bulb light on the dash when I first turned them on but.......I then remembered the fogs were still disconnected as the bumper was off. Once I connected them up everything is fine and dandy and no warning lights on the dash.

I’ll post some pictures of how I did the HIDs separately but for now here is a before during F207D9C2-397A-4334-B4C2-D751EC22F3D5.jpegCD3567CB-402D-419A-A97C-554E3FB686D6.jpeg19A00C46-74EB-4C61-B7EC-C9B4891FA4F4.jpegand after.

Yeah it’s nothing to do with these as I noticed before when moving the van to fit them. I think I’ll do some research while having some beer this afternoon and worry about it tomorrow;)

Happy Good Friday everyone!
Possibly the front sensors if you have them? I’m assuming you will have disconnected them to do the lights. A loose connection maybe?

This is how I did the HIDs in my V3’s.
First of all I used the kit recommended by @dubber36. Ordered on-line from here
:
and delivered very promptly. No warning lights on the dash using these :waving:

This is what you get in the box.
10B87AC8-7577-492B-A8C1-CF0DE297E841.jpeg

And this is how they say they compare to halogens:
A40FBF8D-E8C4-4366-AD30-ACBB144B48D5.jpeg

I spent a little time tidying up the wiring loom on the v3’s by wrapping wires in cloth tape to calm my OCD and then attached the various drivers and resistors from the HID kit as shown in the photos. I wanted to make sure the adjuster bolts for the headlights remained accessible which is why left and right are not exactly the same (the HID kit isn’t handed). All attached using 3M VHB tape. I have circled the adjusters in red. The other consideration is the length of the cable from the bulb. This limits where you can put things.

ADEA13C4-C26B-40A3-A5F5-1D7683FAD050.jpeg685F6606-E2CA-46DD-A053-F8AE6EF012BD.jpegEC5845E2-E10D-445C-913C-603D8C4EEA2E.jpeg2247754C-6D5C-4512-9047-DAB3D4F19772.jpeg

To insert the bulb you need to cut a hole in the back of the rubber cover. There was no template in the box but after measuring the diameter with a set of callipers I found that a dummy pound coin for the supermarket trolley (an old round one) was a perfect template. I simply placed it on the back of the rubber and cut round it with a sharp Stanley knife.

AFE3E640-2BA6-4C64-8899-1A8F9B662F96.jpeg

I think I spent as much time tidying the wiring and fitting the HID kit as I did fitting the headlights in the van. Removing the bumper, swapping the lights and refitting the bumper took me about an hour and a half. I’ve never had the bumper off before but did watch a couple of videos on Utube on how to do it. The one thing the videos don’t show is where the fogs and front sensors connect. I dropped the bumper off first and then disconnected them. If I was doing it again, I’d disconnect them first now i know where they are. Fogs are on the Driver side behind the inner wheel arch, sensors essentially the same place on the passenger side.

7F7E2A2D-3C7A-4E20-AFCA-55AC1C55F1C0.jpeg0246F60C-B21C-402E-A91A-93CE97D07BDF.jpeg

@Bigmac. Please post your thoughts on the HID's. I ordered my V3's with ordinary H7 bulbs, so would be interested in HIDs
They’re in, I’ll try and do some photos of them in the dark later. I’ve done a separate post on how I fitted the HIDs into the lights which was pretty straightforward with the lights on the bench, would be a bit more of a faff if the lights were in the van but doable. No warning lights on the dash and everything working as it should. Once I see it in the dark, I imagine I’ll be wanting the put an LED bulb in the main and in the fogs. They are going to look very yellow next to the HIDs in the dip.

Reactions: .50
They’re in, I’ll try and do some photos of them in the dark later. I’ve done a separate post on how I fitted the HIDs into the lights which was pretty straightforward with the lights on the bench, would be a bit more of a faff if the lights were in the van but doable. No warning lights on the dash and everything working as it should. Once I see it in the dark, I imagine I’ll be wanting the put an LED bulb in the main and in the fogs. They are going to look very yellow next to the HIDs in the dip.

The difference will blow you away.

Back