I just wonder why the whole scene is mad on coil overs. I can honestly say I’ve never seen anybody hanging out of a wheel arch adjusting them once they have been fitted. B14’s are not even made by the manufacturer but are made by the uk importer to suit the uk market.
Your stance, ultra lows etc what are you getting ? Is it a sports shock? What make is it?
My mate approached all the people selling suspension over the weekend at Busfest, this is longer that’s shorter, this is made for us. All claims they made and when compared to a standard damper where the same.
Question how can you lower the damper piston in its tube and it work better? Simple you can’t
How it looks is what it’s all about not what is rides like.......
I will stick with my lowering springs and my sports suspension and enjoy the ride.

C88A7C0B-3EC2-4295-8C54-0E8F3367EA1A.jpeg

Coil overs, if designed correctly should have the damper working in the correct part of the stroke, matched to the shock length.
If you just put a shorter spring on the the damper will not be working in the middle of travel so not working at its optimum and producing a poorer quality ride. This would also apply to buying a separate spring and damper - unless the damper was made to work with a spring of the rating and length it had been matched with.

A73D23DE-B321-4FA4-9EF0-07DACE28CF9D.jpeg B5C4F89A-0CFC-4933-B1CE-5EFE2A789802.jpeg
I just wonder why the whole scene is mad on coil overs. I can honestly say I’ve never seen anybody hanging out of a wheel arch adjusting them once they have been fitted. B14’s are not even made by the manufacturer but are made by the uk importer to suit the uk market.
Your stance, ultra lows etc what are you getting ? Is it a sports shock? What make is it?
My mate approached all the people selling suspension over the weekend at Busfest, this is longer that’s shorter, this is made for us. All claims they made and when compared to a standard damper where the same.
Question how can you lower the damper piston in its tube and it work better? Simple you can’t
How it looks is what it’s all about not what is rides like.......
I will stick with my lowering springs and my sports suspension and enjoy the ride.

View attachment 50550
Ok thanks for your input. What springs have you got then as my bus is sitting on 40mm lowered springs and it don’t look no where near as low as yours. So I’m confused now. I have 70mm between tyre and wheel arch on the rear & 40mm at the front. No lowered spring is ever going to get that to sit like yours. If there is please tell me as I would much rather just be swapping springs.

..drives good but the rear springs are making a creaking sound, I'm just unsure I put that little rubber gasket that comes with the kit in the right spot..
Did you install it between the spring and the adjuster or the adjuster and the chassis?

Between the spring and adjuster. I also slapped on some lithium grease on all contact points.

..on the rear does the the thin rubber gasket go above the adjuster (which I guess is against the body of the van and top of adjuster) or below the adjuster against the spring?

Between the adjuster and the body of the van

thanks for the reply stance uk have confirmed that is correct

I’m having these fitted and have had a re-read of the Stance+ threads, but this one is confusing me..

Most products look good coming out of the box , the tell tale signs of a quality suspension comes long after the installation , how are the various coatings holding up, how much do the mounting rubbers flex after long use . Have the springs sagged and the vehicle sitting lower than when originally fitted . are there any signs of oil leaks etc etc . I have tested many kits in my 30 years in this industry and the cheaper the product the more likely you will have hassles
There is definately merit in buying the best kit you can afford

Hey Guys.
I'm just wondering regarding lowering the Multivans, with DCC stock shocks. How do you do it? disconnect the dcc and get lamps lighting up? or is it some plug in to put into the connectors, to disable the faulty lights?

Hey Guys.
I'm just wondering regarding lowering the Multivans, with DCC stock shocks. How do you do it? disconnect the dcc and get lamps lighting up? or is it some plug in to put into the connectors, to disable the faulty lights?
We can supply an electronic delete kit for the Suspension £281.00

Right, so my Stance+ Ultra have been fitted.

Before lowering, I was sitting
Arch from floor:
Front 765mm
Rear 750mm​
Arch from centre of wheel:
Front 460mm
Rear 425mm
3B93FEED-6247-4ADF-BCD2-34374C064C27.jpeg

After lowering:

Arch from floor:
Front 685mm
Rear 695mm
Arch from centre of wheel:
Front 370mm
Rear 370mm

46F9304E-8602-4705-A355-F23F262C6A64.jpeg
This is a camper conversion, that includes an early HiLo roof, Cali bed on rails and MDF units. I’ve fitted 20mm spacers to the rear Sportlines (which are 8J).

Front coil:
FD3C4255-7DA8-48C1-BC82-DDAFD307C8F7.jpeg

Rear coil:
7356C69B-CA06-453A-B982-093A12D5F671.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good :thumbsup:

First impressions on the comfort/handling etc??
I had H&R ARB’s fitted at the same time, along with Meile lower drop links (6.5hr garage time FYI).

It’s miles different from standard. Driving on patchy roads is probably the most unforgiving - I initially wondered if I’d gone too low, but over the last day it seems to have softened up (or I’ve got used to it). At speed it’s great, and the ARB’s take out most of the body roll.

What doesn’t help is all the creaks from my Dub Plastics and camper kitchen.. that’s a work in progress though :whistle:

I’ve not driven a van with B14’s / VanSlams / what have you, so can’t really comment there.

Just a few notes to consider
1 the lower the car is, the more uncomfortable it will be regardless of brand . 40 to 50 mm is the max normal drop before comfort deteriorates very quickly
2, MONO Tube shocks use hi pressure gas , it makes them harsher on the road compared to a Dual tube shock .
3 Height measurements ideally should be taken from apex of the wheel arch to the CENTRE of the wheel this measurement isn't affected by tyre pressure and wheel tyre size ! ( therefore drops can be compared between owners and still make sense even though they may have different wheels and kits )
4 Any product that settles is generally not good quality and the springs are compressing further than they should during use ( this makes them softer and the ride again deteriorates )
5 Anti roll bars help body roll , they do not stop pitch and definitely don't improve comfort .
6 Springs alone generally don't improve handling , Shocks do that !
7 All aspects of comfort and handling are determined by the SHOCK ( and its available travel )
8 Photos ( above ) showing springs almost fully compressed are not going to work well . usually caused by Coil over kits with a ONE spring fits all mentality and being installed in heavier vehicles than the spring can cope with , ( Transporters have many different spring rates which determine their DVLA classification )
9 After market quality Sport springs offer a better range of spring rates so generally better ride if the correct spring is fitted .

Cleaned and lowered the van ready for the week ahead. I think this kit is great value for money and easy to fit. Yes it is a harder ride but so is any van that has been lowered, anyone says anything different is talking S**T . These come with a 2 year warranty and sorry I have only had them 2 weeks but so far so good:)

View attachment 27198

View attachment 27199

View attachment 27200
Do you have a picture showing how top adjuster fits on spring
Thanks

Back