Sooooo.......I'm awaiting the build and delivery of my new T32 Kombi, and would like to fit something better than the setup I currently have in my T6 T32 ( standard shocks, 40mm H&R springs). I will be lowering again 40mm , and fitting 18" alloys. I don't need any adjustment, I just want a more comfortable controlled ride.

What do the combined brains on here recommend, and, I'm a Yorkshireman, "every pound's a prisoner"
Hi Scruffy , we can save you a lot of pain with this and we do 40 to 50 a month to back up our claims
you can go for a fixed drop as you did before BUT we need to fit proper shocks and this is the difference
superb ride and great handling , sensible drops so we dont mess with the ride

@CRS Performance. I'm going to ask my VW Service Centre this question when I'm in next month but also wondered if you had a view based on either a professional opinion or experience. Do you (or, indeed, anybody else) know how changes to suspension might affect VW warranty? I ask as I really want to get to you guys to have to sort my van but am concerned how VW would regard it in event of any warranty claims. One would hope that if they were going to reject any potential warranty claims they would only do it for those as a direct outcome of suspension work but car manufacturers generally look for any reason to squirm their way out. Personally, I just want to get my camper conversion closer to 'car like' comfort and drive level as well as sorting out the classic camper van saggy bottom. I'm not too concerned about any dramatic lowering although about 50mm would be nice. If it matters, my van is a T28 which has been up-plated to 3 Tonne.

@CRS Performance. I'm going to ask my VW Service Centre this question when I'm in next month but also wondered if you had a view based on either a professional opinion or experience. Do you (or, indeed, anybody else) know how changes to suspension might affect VW warranty? I ask as I really want to get to you guys to have to sort my van but am concerned how VW would regard it in event of any warranty claims. One would hope that if they were going to reject any potential warranty claims they would only do it for those as a direct outcome of suspension work but car manufacturers generally look for any reason to squirm their way out. Personally, I just want to get my camper conversion closer to 'car like' comfort and drive level as well as sorting out the classic camper van saggy bottom. I'm not too concerned about any dramatic lowering although about 50mm would be nice. If it matters, my van is a T28 which has been up-plated to 3 Tonne.
If you change the suspension then that would only affect the warranty of any parts directly connected to that. If you swapped the suspension and, for example, the turbo blew then the warranty isn't affected. If another suspension part failed then the warranty could be affected. By law the onus would be on VW to show the mods caused the failure, although Im sure they would try it on in this case.

@CRS Performance, yes its the shocks I want advice on. The Bilstein B14 Komforts are very expensive and are getting some bad reviews on here and elsewhere, but to be honest I don't know who else is doing a " comfort/softer" shock so I seek the advice of yourself and the collective. I have also noted the T6.1 has slightly different suspension and the choices seem limited.

If we are supplying shocks and springs there wont be any warranty issue as explained by Skyliner 33 . if you fit springs alone and a standard shock failed they could refuse to settle a claim , changing shocks and springs the warranty will be provided by the new manufacturer and its normally as long as the VW warranty anyway , so there is no risk .

@CRS Performance, yes its the shocks I want advice on. The Bilstein B14 Komforts are very expensive and are getting some bad reviews on here and elsewhere, but to be honest I don't know who else is doing a " comfort/softer" shock so I seek the advice of yourself and the collective. I have also noted the T6.1 has slightly different suspension and the choices seem limited.
Scruffy ;- I think the Kits you refer to have had there day , Many buyers of those kits were sold the kits because the Supplying dealer only had the one bullet in their gun , What ever the problem, what ever the desired result, the customers were always offered the same kit , It wasnt fit for purpose in may of the vans due to excessive weight and springs breaking as a due course.

There are much better things available particularly where comfort is a desire and our kits dont need to put the word Komfort in their title to convince you that they might be comfortable . H aha .

We have established that the market isnt obsessed with coil over height adjustable kits as everyone is led to believe . Whilst there is a market for quality coil over kits and we do sell many nice ones that do what they say on the tin giving great results , the market is far bigger for sport kits .
we sell 30 to 40 sets of KONI shocks with H&R lowering springs every month and these clients are always overjoyed with the results , Subtle drops around 40 to 50 mm and performance and comfort contrasted together perfectly . No warranty issues
These kits are a little bit cheaper than coil over kits

feel free to call for a full technical explanation.

Did you ever get to try the Projekt max low kit?? stuck in the same dilemma between H&R/Koni and them!:eek:
Just had the projekt low kit fitted this weekend. I had a t5 before this van on vmaxx coilovers so was expecting the ride to be harsh, but really impressed with the lows and the ride quality. Went from standard T32 to lowered 50mm on eibach springs which was okay ride but not low enough. I pick the projekt low kit because its lower than the b14 and the b14 low was out of stock. But by far the best choice (in my opinion), even my mate who fitted them isn't into modified cars can't believe the quality, it's night and day over the standard struts with springs, so much more comfortable, absorbs the roads better & not crashy coming off bumps.

My van is a t32 with 20" bbs sx 265/45 tyre (load rated) its a shuttle not a camper. 5mm left on the fronts and rears are wound all the way, might have to raise the rears slightly because I tow, see how it levels up.

But overall extremely impressed, its completely changed the van.

FullSizeR.jpg

20210613_090131.jpg

20210613_153804.jpg

So I’ve been to see Steve at CRS this morning and had the B14s removed and the H&R kit fitted including ARB’s fitted and I must say what a transformation.
They do exactly what Steve told me and it’s a lot smoother, reduction in road noise, no clattering over speed bumps, no more front end tucking in on bends All in all well worth the trip and the money.
In my opinion after having lowering springs then B14s I would miss out both of them and just go with the H&R setup.
I honestly think if you have a camper or heavy van the B14s aren’t really a good choice because of the design of the rear spring as you can see in the picture.

When I got there and before any work started Steve went through what I wanted and then advised me on what he thought would be the best way to achieve itI am so happy with the outcome and look.

Excellent job and one very happy customer.

View attachment 85593

View attachment 85594

View attachment 85595
Where did you go for the setup? what sort of money we talking about ?
Thanks

Back