@Absolut5
Is the cost of the Kenwood amp & Audison uss4 worth it to drive the Eaton F2.1's and a set of Focal rears or are they ok on their own?
I know its probably subjective, but I'd rather take your expert advice than waste cash.

I say definitely a yes, the amp will drive the door woofers for greater depth. and it sounds cleaner.

im not a big fan of amping the rears , but this amp has front and rear gain so you can set it just right
@Absolut5

Jason,
Is the above a plug & play fitment (installed behind the LHS of dash), if so can you quote a P&D for the above please?
Or is there now something better since I 1st asked nearly 2 years ago?

Info, if it helps...

I have a T6,, fitted with Eaton F2.1's in the doors & A pillars & a pair of 4" Focals in the rear.
Rear fader has been enabled through VCDS

Cheers

Last edited:
@Absolut5 Hi Jason, what’s your current recommendation for fronts with the Kenwood amp in a t6.1 caravelle? Worth doing the rears at the same time ? Need to keep the fader, so I guess I need the uss4 ? If you’ve got a kit that’s plug and play for the lot can you pm details? Pls and thanks. Happy for you to drop it here as well for anyone else who might be interested

@Absolut5 Hi Jason, what’s your current recommendation for fronts with the Kenwood amp in a t6.1 caravelle? Worth doing the rears at the same time ? Need to keep the fader, so I guess I need the uss4 ? If you’ve got a kit that’s plug and play for the lot can you pm details? Pls and thanks. Happy for you to drop it here as well for anyone else who might be interested
With the factory headunit I would go with the Focal equivalent over the Kenwood, add the uss4 to allow fader

a good set of well price direct plug and play speakers is again from Focal, ISvw165 , super easy to fit , efficient , very snappy when used with a sub

for the rear team them up with a set of acx165s Focals 2 way 17cm , super slim

With the factory headunit I would go with the Focal equivalent over the Kenwood, add the uss4 to allow fader

a good set of well price direct plug and play speakers is again from Focal, ISvw165 , super easy to fit , efficient , very snappy when used with a sub

Thanks for the quick reply @Absolut5 Assume same recommendation without a sub? Does that Focal amp (ap 4340 or the impulse 4.32?) still fit into the dash?

Can you flick me package pricing for the above (no sub) ? Cheers

Last edited:
I will pop a pm over, just noticed you are from Australia
That is true BUT delivery will be in the UK. I'm working on my brothers Caravelle in ol Blighty. Do I get penalty pricing for my country of birth or sympathy pricing because of the Wallabies 20 year losing streak??

For completeness of this conversation ... one last clarification.... Re USS4. i understand why you might need that in a Transporter not fitted with factory rears and fade function. Do we still need the USS4 if the Caravelle had factory rears and fade function? If yes, can you help me understand why so i can explain simply to him? (and anyone else coming across this thread).

That is true BUT delivery will be in the UK. I'm working on my brothers Caravelle in ol Blighty. Do I get penalty pricing for my country of birth or sympathy pricing because of the Wallabies 20 year losing streak??

For completeness of this conversation ... one last clarification.... Re USS4. i understand why you might need that in a Transporter not fitted with factory rears and fade function. Do we still need the USS4 if the Caravelle had factory rears and fade function? If yes, can you help me understand why so i can explain simply to him? (and anyone else coming across this thread).

Yes you definitely need a speaker simulator for fader operation where a vehicle has only front speakers, but generally we have found Transporters that have rear speakers fitted from factory do not require it

Back