paradigm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve been getting a series of quotes from various suppliers, I’d love to know please if anyone has direct experience of any of these set ups, the subs especially:

Audio upgrades

Basic Level 1 Upgrade:

Hertz DSK-165 £119.99
VW Speaker adaptors £19.99
Phoenix Gold ZR10P £249.99 (On Offer Normally £299.99)
Cables £25.00
Installation £260.00

Total £674.97inc vat & 2 year warranty

Level 2 upgrade:

Hertz MPK-165.3 £249.99 (On Offer Normally £349.99)
Phoenix Gold ZXM500.4 £199.99
Heliz 8" Subwoofer £199.99
Stinger Pro Cables £70.00
Installation £325.00

Total £1061.97inc vat & 2 year warranty

Level 3 Upgrade:

Audison Voce K6 £399.99
Audison SR5.600 £499.00
Audison APS8D-T6 £319.99
Installation £325.00

Total £1634.96inc vat & 2 Year warranty

*If you would like the front doors sound deadened please add £100

Depends on your budget but if you go for level 1 or 2 you'll always wonder what the Audison set up would sound like.

Hi there. Personal view, and subject to budget of course, but I would certainly go with Audison/Hertz equipment if you can afford it and certainly go with door sound deadening. I went with a 6" JL Audio sub and it gives plenty of low end.

Personally package 3, although I'm not the biggest fan of the vocé woofers they certainly aren't bad I just think there's better alternatives out there like the Mille Pro stuff (mpk165.3 in option 2) or Morel Maximo 602 HE.

I don't like the phoenix gold stuff at all hence we don't sell it.

I'd also consider the German's and look at Helix by Audiotec Fischer.

Any particular reason your looking at an 8" sub over a 10"?

Give me a call if you like I should be able to assist finding you something. Plenty of guys on here and elsewhere can voucher for our work and knowledge.

Of course depending on budget you could go down the route of DSP which I love and you cannot match the control and sound quality of with conventional amplifiers but again depends on budget

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
I went with the Signature Audio setup from Absolut5. it was £1699 fitted and worth every penny. The sound is so much better and loud, properly loud but retains clarity. I also went for the Halo 11 head unit which is also a great addition but obviously raises the cost a fair amount. The Signature setup from Absolut5 is:

Hertz Millie pro door speakers, and tweeters for the Pillars
Audison SR5.600 amp running active
Audison bass control
JL Audio 10w1 10" sub in our own design and manufactured under seat enclosure
Sound deadening of the front doors

From the outside you would never know that the audio has been updated as the original tweeter and speaker covers are retained (which I like). As mentioned budget will help you decide and any of the options above will be way better than the OEM.

Personally package 3, although I'm not the biggest fan of the vocé woofers they certainly aren't bad I just think there's better alternatives out there like the Mille Pro stuff (mpk165.3 in option 2) or Morel Maximo 602 HE.

I don't like the phoenix gold stuff at all hence we don't sell it.

I'd also consider the German's and look at Helix by Audiotec Fischer.

Any particular reason your looking at an 8" sub over a 10"?

Give me a call if you like I should be able to assist finding you something. Plenty of guys on here and elsewhere can voucher for our work and knowledge.

Of course depending on budget you could go down the route of DSP which I love and you cannot match the control and sound quality of with conventional amplifiers but again depends on budget

Cheers
Chris
Thanks for your response.
I've already discounted the 1st option I think, the sub design has 100% put me off tbh.

Voce woofers, what are they lacking compared to the others you've listed?

No reason on the 8inch over the 10, simply just because the company came back with that as an option.

I went with the Signature Audio setup from Absolut5. it was £1699 fitted and worth every penny. The sound is so much better and loud, properly loud but retains clarity. I also went for the Halo 11 head unit which is also a great addition but obviously raises the cost a fair amount. The Signature setup from Absolut5 is:

Hertz Millie pro door speakers, and tweeters for the Pillars
Audison SR5.600 amp running active
Audison bass control
JL Audio 10w1 10" sub in our own design and manufactured under seat enclosure
Sound deadening of the front doors

From the outside you would never know that the audio has been updated as the original tweeter and speaker covers are retained (which I like). As mentioned budget will help you decide and any of the options above will be way better than the OEM.

I have the Mille Legend 1650.3 2-way speakers but having spent all that cash I wanted some visible sign of upgrade so had the Hertz branded tweeters surface mounted - looks sweet.

Halo 9" unit for wireless Carplay also.

I have the Mille Legend 1650.3 2-way speakers but having spent all that cash I wanted some visible sign of upgrade so had the Hertz branded tweeters surface mounted - looks sweet.
Understand but I’d like OEM looking, aftermarket sounding;)

Thanks for your response.
I've already discounted the 1st option I think, the sub design has 100% put me off tbh.

Voce woofers, what are they lacking compared to the others you've listed?

No reason on the 8inch over the 10, simply just because the company came back with that as an option.
I just think the Mille Pro and the Morel stuff sounds smoother and respond better. Don't get me wrong I've done installs with them but if I'm asked it's not my first thought.

I’ve gone for a cheeky mix and blend:

Level 3 Upgrade:

Audison SR5.600 £499.00

Really nice Hertz 10" Option £340.00 (more in keeping with my music taste, apparently)

Installation £325.00

Sound deadening

I’ve gone for a cheeky mix and blend:

Level 3 Upgrade:

Audison SR5.600 £499.00

Really nice Hertz 10" Option £340.00 (more in keeping with my music taste, apparently)

Installation £325.00

Sound deadening
If you require further advise drop us a pm or call us, our Signature audio is massively popular based around our own design and manufactured underseat enclosure, we were the first in the Uk to do these ,

Just had the above installed today and I’ve got to say, massively impressed with the quality, depth and clarity

Just bought the mpk 165.3, I’ve already deadened my doors (both panels). Just that made a TON of difference with the stock speakers.
I was hoping to revive the thread with a couple questions.
Where do the wires split to tweeter and woofer from the head unit? I’d like to put the crossover there.
Can these be ran non amplified?
T6 California Ocean non nav head unit with CarPlay. I’ve got an old powered sub laying around somewhere I might add.
Thanks!!

IMG_7233.jpeg

They can run without an amp but we wouldn't advise it. Mille Pro you will get much better results with an amplifier.

As for the tweeters they are joined in the loom behind the dash buddy

Is there a go to amp people usually use? Does it have to be active or at least have high low pass on each channel?
Can’t wait to get the sound better! Sounds like I’m going to have some work finding split point.
Thanks for the reply !

EDIT: GM-d1004, bridged 2x90 rms at 4ohms looks like a candidate. 100euros new.

EDIT 2: can’t run bridged to run 4ohm load.

Last edited:
Is there a go to amp people usually use? Does it have to be active or at least have high low pass on each channel?
Can’t wait to get the sound better! Sounds like I’m going to have some work finding split point.
Thanks for the reply !

EDIT: GM-d1004, bridged 2x90 rms at 4ohms looks like a candidate. 100euros new.

EDIT 2: can’t run bridged to run 4ohm load.
We never would run these with out an amp, you end up cooking the coils .

That little Pioneer amp isn’t up to much to be honest , no adjustments . It would be ok on a lower end set of speakers, but these Hertz need good clean power and ideally run them with a su to get the best out of them .

SR5.600 is where I need to go I’m guessing ;) Do you guys set the crossover at 3500hz? Do you sell a how to for wiring and settings? Your signature system is a bit of a dream to be honest. It has quite the reputation!
Thank you for your reply :)

I can send you our good base setting plus a how to wire them up guide ..

for the money we charge to supply or supply and install it’s hard to beat .

I really enjoy installing it myself, it’s my playtime in the garage. Also being in Brussels, that’s quite a road trip :)
I’ll take your advice and probably use an sr4.300. No sub. I asked the miss and she says there’s no way she’s sitting on a subwoofer. ☠️
I’d really appreciate any wiring / settings tips you’d be willing to share with me. It’s a LHD California ocean with a leisure battery under the driver’s seat. Like I said, I feel I should pay something for it.

Back