Absolut5

Senior ICE man
Trade Member
T6 Legend
IMG_6055.JPG We have been manufacturing underseat enclosure for Transporters for years, based on a JL Audio 10" sub

We are also about to do a active one

Many on here are running one...

View attachment 9808 We have been manufacturing underseat enclosure for Transporters for years, based on a JL Audio 10" sub

We are also about to do a active one

Many on here are running one...

Hi can you tell me please what upgrade packages you supply and fit into T6 caravelle ?
I will be keeping existing OEM media plus Dab radio
And what the costs are please ?
Thanks

Looking at upgrading my head unit and speakers any advice please

Drop us a pm and il go through all options and cost
Hi there I’ve just seen your post and this is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe new head unit plus for speaker and maybe sub upgrade. I don’t want to loose space and it’s a T6 day van with pop top full size rib bed and no units . Any info would be really appreciated.

Hi there I’ve just seen your post and this is exactly what I am looking for. Maybe new head unit plus for speaker and maybe sub upgrade. I don’t want to loose space and it’s a T6 day van with pop top full size rib bed and no units . Any info would be really appreciated.
Pm sent :thumbsup:

Anyone doing the Blam 200 upgrade kit? Skiptons dont seem to be doing them now.

I only want the 200mm upgrade with tweets for now. Im not going to be running an amp just yet, just wish to cheer up the current set up. I dont want to blast my windows out. I just want a bit of clarity and less tin. But when I do add a small amp and rear speakers, i want the front to have been done okay to compliment them. So I liked the upgrade blam as they came with rear drip covers etc.

Head Unit is discovery media thing, but I play sounds from my iphone. Im not going to upgrade the head unit at all.

Most 8” speakers are just too much for the headunit, as it cannot drive them enough without damaging them,

The focal are 200mm

Damaging them? How? The disco unit cant have enough power. I'm eager to find out. :)

I've been struggling to get any tech info about the discovery unit, ie channels, ohms and watts. I admit to only being at the bottom stair regarding moving upstairs towards an upgrade as Im still finishing off the leisure battery and 240v hook up.

I'm open to suggestions based on retaining my disco head unit. An amp will be coming later on, but I dont mind moving it up the critical path as its not a showstopper.

I just hate the current oem speakers, theyre dreadful.

Damaging them? How? The disco unit cant have enough power. I'm eager to find out. :)

I've been struggling to get any tech info about the discovery unit, ie channels, ohms and watts. I admit to only being at the bottom stair regarding moving upstairs towards an upgrade as Im still finishing off the leisure battery and 240v hook up.

I'm open to suggestions based on retaining my disco head unit. An amp will be coming later on, but I dont mind moving it up the critical path as its not a showstopper.

I just hate the current oem speakers, theyre dreadful.

Because there is a good chance you will turn the headunit up and without you knowing the amp will ‘clip‘ before you can hear audible distortion , this in turn can burn the voice coils out, seen it a few times,

keep the Disco unit, add a small in line amp , it really will make a big difference,

I dont play music dead loud when I'm driving. I'm 54. I think the amplitude is fine, its there's no depth. It's a vacant sound. I do notice the distortion and wind it down from there, but I'm aware that my ears are not what they once were. The sound just doesn't sound full. If an small in line amp can fill that hole rather than speakers, then great. Especially as Im doing my wiring and cabling just now re leisure battery.

I dont play music dead loud when I'm driving. I'm 54. I think the amplitude is fine, its there's no depth. It's a vacant sound. I do notice the distortion and wind it down from there, but I'm aware that my ears are not what they once were. The sound just doesn't sound full. If an small in line amp can fill that hole rather than speakers, then great. Especially as Im doing my wiring and cabling just now re leisure battery.
It really does the speakers justice, it’s plug and play and sits behind the passenger side top pocket

400W? That looks plenty. And I can keep the oem speakers and maybe add some rear speakers and upgrade fronts in the future?

Hi @Absolut5 I like the look of your plug and play amp....does it just power the fronts? I have installed, under your guidance Rainbow 8.2's in the front with the crossovers and have rear pioneers and a pioneer 'under seat' sub (small enough to get away with!) next to the rear seats. The sub and the rears are running off the rear speaker outs from the standard T6 head unit, speakers using the usual wires and the sub via an rca output.

Would this amp allow me to use what I currently have set up? Will I still be able to use the head unit fader? Will this amp power both the front and the rear speakers?.....I guess I just need the fronts amping, but I would like your advice on getting the best sound out of the current head unit please.

Thanks...Matt

400W? That looks plenty. And I can keep the oem speakers and maybe add some rear speakers and upgrade fronts in the future?

you can keep the originals but you were talking about 200mmspeaker upgrade straight away,

Hi @Absolut5 I like the look of your plug and play amp....does it just power the fronts? I have installed, under your guidance Rainbow 8.2's in the front with the crossovers and have rear pioneers and a pioneer 'under seat' sub (small enough to get away with!) next to the rear seats. The sub and the rears are running off the rear speaker outs from the standard T6 head unit, speakers using the usual wires and the sub via an rca output.

Would this amp allow me to use what I currently have set up? Will I still be able to use the head unit fader? Will this amp power both the front and the rear speakers?.....I guess I just need the fronts amping, but I would like your advice on getting the best sound out of the current head unit please.

Thanks...Matt

hi Matt

The amp can power front and rear speakers , you can retain fader by adding the optional Audison uss4 , which we prewire to the is amp

no reason why it won’t plug and play with your existing setup

Back