They can run without an amp but we wouldn't advise it. Mille Pro you will get much better results with an amplifier.

As for the tweeters they are joined in the loom behind the dash buddy
Hi, I could really do with an expert pointer if possible, please. I'm about to start hunting for where this split is - is it nearer the head unit or the doors? Just wondering how many panels I should expect to pull off...

I’m no expert but here’s a thought.

Put the crossover where you want, between the head unit and the door woofer somewhere, then, run a new piece of speaker wire from the crossover to the tweeters. This should save from tearing the whole dash out just to find out it’s not a good place for a crossover.

Hi,

I have a T6.1 converted to a camper and I'd like to improve the OEM audio.

To be honest I read some of the posts on here and it was like reading another language, so go easy on me and assume I know nothing.

My limited understanding is that the first thing to do is improve the door sound deadening? How does that work?

After that upgrade the speakers?

I presume I'd be better off doing those things at the same time?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sound deadening is indeed an essential first step. It helps to reduce road noise and creates a better environment for any audio system to perform at its best. The stock speakers on VWs often don’t measure up, so you’re on the right track thinking about an upgrade. You don’t need top-of-the-line speakers to notice a significant improvement. Just a decent set should make the audio experience immensely better.

For the T6.1, check if speaker adapters are necessary. The T6.1 typically has a plastic inner door panel, unlike the T6's metal one, so make sure you know what fittings you'll need. When you install the sound deadening material, you'll want to place it inside the outer door panel, which could require you to remove the panel completely. It’s important to find detailed instructions for this part since you might need to temporarily disconnect the window from its mechanism and secure it with tape to avoid any damage.

Online tutorials can guide you through the basic steps of sound deadening installation. With a budget of around 50-100 for sound deadening materials and 100-150 for a simple set of speakers (used is ok), you can expect a transformation in your audio quality. And just to note, there's no need for T6.1 specific speakers; standard aftermarket ones should fit the bill, provided you have the right adapters.

When you install the sound deadening material, you'll want to place it inside the outer door panel, which could require you to remove the panel completely. It’s important to find detailed instructions for this part since you might need to temporarily disconnect the window from its mechanism and secure it with tape to avoid any damage.
Thanks.

What are sound deadening materials? I presume stuffing an old duvet or some egg carton isn't what you mean?

See, I really am clueless about it.

Thanks.

What are sound deadening materials? I presume stuffing an old duvet or some egg carton isn't what you mean?

I just found it ...

I’m no expert but here’s a thought.

Put the crossover where you want, between the head unit and the door woofer somewhere, then, run a new piece of speaker wire from the crossover to the tweeters. This should save from tearing the whole dash out just to find out it’s not a good place for a crossover.
That's not a bad thought at all, and one I hadn't considered. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I started this earlier today. Top Door card removal tip would be to get some replacement panel clips before you tackle it. I’m not going to remove the metal panel fixed to the door itself as I don’t want to overstretch & have a nightmare I can’t get myself out of.

I plan to post some more Dodo mat in the hole behind my speaker whilst its removed before refitting with a new one. From what I’ve read on here, it’s easy enough to get your arm in & cover the biggest areas without too much hassle. I’ll go closer with the mat to the speaker once the new one is in place but didn’t want to cover over the rivets today as they’ll need drilling out eventually.

The egg box type foam will be going in on the inside of the door card once I go in for stage 2. But chucked some different Dodo mat on there for now.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

IMG_5379.jpeg
IMG_5383.png

I started this earlier today. Top Door card removal tip would be to get some replacement panel clips before you tackle it. I’m not going to remove the metal panel fixed to the door itself as I don’t want to overstretch & have a nightmare I can’t get myself out of.

I plan to post some more Dodo mat in the hole behind my speaker whilst its removed before refitting with a new one. From what I’ve read on here, it’s easy enough to get your arm in & cover the biggest areas without too much hassle. I’ll go closer with the mat to the speaker once the new one is in place but didn’t want to cover over the rivets today as they’ll need drilling out eventually.

The egg box type foam will be going in on the inside of the door card once I go in for stage 2. But chucked some different Dodo mat on there for now.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

View attachment 232554
View attachment 232556
Thanks.,

Is the Red Bull essential?

Has anyone got pictures of sound deadening on a T6.1? I've been lead to believe there isn't much room to add any, but would like to know if anyone has attempted this.

Back