Show us your Driver/Pax Seat Leisure Battery setups

Any particular reason why you put the battery on its side when they fit stood up and give more room?

I remember wondering how everyone had stood it up and it fit in... mine didn't seem to want to fit in ( operator error probably ) seem to remember people saying they had to angle grind some metal off the base for it to fit?! bugger knows!! oh well.. i can always stand it up in future if i need to fit anything else in there.

I remember wondering how everyone had stood it up and it fit in... mine didn't seem to want to fit in ( operator error probably ) seem to remember people saying they had to angle grind some metal off the base for it to fit?! bugger knows!! oh well.. i can always stand it up in future if i need to fit anything else in there.
B6EB6857-DC08-4CD2-AC29-C3F49ED806D2_1_201_a.jpeg

@Dellmassive

a bit of a jumbled up mixup-mashup as i keep swapping stuff in/out for testing. (nothing is ever permanent in this van)

I've gone for 50A Anderson plugs for main 12v power in/out

and Victron disconnects for EHU charger connections

and MC4 for solar in/out (MPPT)

20200129_170211.jpg

20191023_160050.jpg

20181008_153547-jpg.30012

20200220_091306.jpg

20200220_090552.jpg

20200220_085725.jpg
20200220_085955.jpg
20200128_172728.jpg
20200129_163705.jpg
20200129_165717.jpg
20200129_170219.jpg

Hi, I'm about to convert my T6 with AGM leisure battery/charger etc fitted in the standard (captain) seatbase, and need to work out what size battery/batteries to order. Thinking about twin batteries - will have solar panel on the roof, and ctek 250 in the seat base with the battery. Does anyone know what batteries might fit, and/or exactly the size of the space in the base, and whether this depends on fitting seat swivels (undecided on the latter). In the other base I'm fitting an alpine dsp amp/sub T6 kit - not sure if that would affect ability to fit seat swivels also?

any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated,

cheers,

Ad

You won’t get 2 batteries under the driver’s seat.
If you want a bigger capacity you can lie an AGM or Gel battery down.
I have this battery and it’s about the max length

The dimensions are under the specification tab.

This is what it looks like with a ctek 250SE

23D5816C-CBAD-47FA-BBC2-8935FA5BCEDD.jpeg

i guess as you've done it that there's no reason not to lie a battery on it's side...what is your battery please, and do you happen to know it's size?
thanks for the speedy reply btw

i guess as you've done it that there's no reason not to lie a battery on it's side...what is your battery please, and do you happen to know it's size?
thanks for the speedy reply btw
AGM and Gel are sealed and can generally lie down-it will usually state it in the battery spec.
Wet lead acid must stand up or they will leak. Wet lead acid must also be ventilated externally, AGM and Gel need not.

thanks, that's really helpful.
my brother in law was thinking about using twin 90ah batteries...I guess that might offer greater max capacity if it fits. Do you (or anyone else) know about this as an option spacewise?

What is the best route to run cable from my starter battery to my DC-DC charger under the single passenger seat in my LWB please?

I've taken all the matting out and I'm considering different layout options. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

I'm only doing a basic conversion with the intention of being able to charge the e-bike, laptop, camera batteries, etc while camping. I bought the 12V 100Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery w/ Bluetooth, DCC50S 12V 50A DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT(New Version), 20A 240V AC to DC Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Charger, 1000W 12V to 230V/240V Pure Sine Wave Inverter With English Standard Socket (with UPS Function) and 100 Watt Eclipse Solar Suitcase w/o Controller. I also plan on fitting 230v electric hook up so that I've covered all the bases.

Cheers

PXL_20220704_163447734.jpg

Same principle but EHU cable - it runs nearby the fuel lines, clipped in to the unused AdBlue fixings (I’m Eu5) and enters the cab via the large grommet under the seat.

Hi @adnsuz have you run a live cable from the vehicle battery to the driver's seat yet? Can I ask you how much cable you used please? Also what size cable? Have you run the neutral also or connected the battery negative to the vehicle chassis?

Cheers, Dave C

Dave,
sorry to say that my post was in preparation for doing this work which has since been delayed till next month, so i'm not sure how much i can help at this point.
What we decided to do was based upon only the passenger seat base being available for pwer systems, as i have have had subwoofer and amp fitted under driver seat base. We also have not done the full camper conversion but kept things as a day van ie no cabinetry within which to hide additional batteries and consumer units etc.
We have therefore bought a big lithium battery which has the capacity of two smallish AGM batteries, and which is the largest that will fit under the passenger seat base. We think we will be able to fit most of the associated systms under the same base, and run the necessary feeds out to the enging bay, and upto the solar panel on the roof etc.
I'm sure you will find other threads giving details from those who have completed their work on this forum, so these guys will actually have knowledge to share ;)
sorry can't be more help yet,
good luck!

This may be of interest…

found here cheaper...

Just my ha’ pence worth.

My 2x130 AGM batteries fitted to my Crafter lasted 2.5 years, although only in use for 2 yrs. (£358 in Feb 2020).
We have had a fair bit of use from the van as you might expect.

The batteries were
12V 130AH Leoch AGM Superior Lead Carbon Deep Cycle Battery (SLCA-12130 DT) no longer sold by Alpha.

AGMs don’t make the best battery for leisure use, as I’ve subsequently found out, plenty of issues with them found on t’web.

I bought them from Alpha batteries (great price and service at the time) esp because they were “leisure” batteries and guaranteed for 1,500 cycles with a 4 yr warranty.

As a result, I’ve now ordered a 230ah Lithium battery from Roamer, direct.

(FYI - It is specifically designed to fit in a T6 seatbase. ) Obviously being lithium, it costs a shedload more.

When it arrives, I’ll take out the AGMs and be making a warranty claim with Alpha.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Check it out

Back