Lithium battery/ dc to dc upgrade

slybacon67

T6 Pro
Hi all. I would like to upgrade my battery and charging system. At present I have a 100 ah Efb leisure battery charging via a VSR and standard mains hook up (13.8v) see pics and also I have a dokio 160w plug and play solar panel which has its own controller. I would like to fit under the drivers seat a lithium 100ah lifepo4 battery ( which may have to go on its side) alongside a victron 12/12/30 dc to dc charger (remove the vsr) but leave in situ the solar system and my mains hook up system. Will this work or should I swap out everything I understand mains hookup might not charge battery perfect and I would poss upgrade eventually. I like the victron charger as it utilises common ground and saves me running an ignition wire but I am open to suggestions and ideas. I have included a few pics.

IMG_4426.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4417.jpeg

A very similar thread here today, as you've already identified the concern will be your EHU charger

You have the advantage though your EHU charger is its own unit not built in. So you could swap that out for something like a Victron mains charger that has a lithium charge profile without changing too much.

What controller does the solar panel use?

Back