Renogy 50ah lithium battery not accepting a charge

Looking at couriers... some of them are refusing to transport Lithium batteries citing risk of fire, even though LiFE04 batteries are safer than previous technologies it would impossible for them to discern between different Lithium technologies; so I understand their position. Renogy know this, and that is why they don't want it back.
I think it's reasonable for couriers to refuse to ship warranty return lithium batteries of any kind.

I wouldn't want a known faulty battery on my airplane/truck/ship either.

The industry does need to sort that out one way or another, rather than just writing off the device and leaving it to the end user to find some way to safely recycle it.

Reactions: CAB
I think it's reasonable for couriers to refuse to ship warranty return lithium batteries of any kind.

I wouldn't want a known faulty battery on my airplane/truck/ship either.

The industry does need to sort that out one way or another, rather than just writing off the device and leaving it to the end user to find some way to safely recycle it.
100% agree with you!!!

At last I have received a replacement battery. It was 4 weeks of persistence that paid off. Renogy need to improve their communication though. I don't think 4 weeks is perhaps a reasonable turnaround on warranty replacements. So now, at last I can get my van 12v system up and running again. Any further orders I make online will be done either via eBay or Amazon.

So far my experience of Amazon returns is great in the Amazon determined returns window, but appalling after that but still within statutory rights period.

I've stopped buying anything I need a warranty I can rely on from marketplace sellers, only "real" Amazon.

And I don't use eveb them for computer parts since they shipped me 2 £600 NAS drives in a jiffy bag (writing them off) then did it again with the replacements...

So far my experience of Amazon returns is great in the Amazon determined returns window, but appalling after that but still within statutory rights period.

I've stopped buying anything I need a warranty I can rely on from marketplace sellers, only "real" Amazon.

And I don't use eveb them for computer parts since they shipped me 2 £600 NAS drives in a jiffy bag (writing them off) then did it again with the replacements...

Yes, I think Amazon gives you a bit more protection re warranty. I think the secret is to use the "Fulfilled by Amazon" listings. I have been using Amazon for more years than I care to remember and they have always helped me out when required.
I tested the new battery this evening and it works the way it should. The faulty battery I think was never quite right until it stopped charging completly 4weeks ago when all this started.
At least, in the end and although it took 4 weeks of effort, they have replaced it which saves me having to buy another battery elsewhere. We live and learn.

Back