Victron Battery Protect 12/65
Victron BMV712 Smart Battery Monitor
Ablemail AMS 12-12-30
Ablemail Battery Manager Bluetooth
Battery Monitor BM2 (x2)
Victron Blue Smart Charger on Fly leads for both batteries
USB connection to Valence BMS
Connection for portable Solar Panel

I wish I had been neater with my wiring!!20210111_133159.jpg20201125_122255.jpg20201208_134314.jpg20210215_155826.jpg Cover on fusebox removed to show layout!!

20210215_160440.jpg

I'd love to have some sort of electrical nous but sadly I dont. All those pictures look the same to me. Due to get EHU and leisure battery and charger installed in March. I'm just going to trust my installer....
Lol, me too, dellmassive stuff looks so brilliant cool, but I may as well be looking at a plate of spaghetti!

Lol, me too, dellmassive stuff looks so brilliant cool, but I may as well be looking at a plate of spaghetti!
To be fair, I did semi understand the excellent portable powerbank thread by dell massive, I need to run a cpap machine for one or two nights on trips so need one that will cope with that, some good recs on the thread..

For the under bonnet consumer units, which ones did you use and where did you get them from? are they IPxx rated or just a normal one?

I would like to free up some space under my seat by moving the consumer unit under the bonnet

Why under the seat? My wife asked earlier and I couldn't answer

Why under the seat? My wife asked earlier and I couldn't answer

because its the only place with a hole big enough to fit all the kit . . . . ie BIG truck battery.

where else could you fit a big battery and charger and solar unit and, and , and . . .

that's the simple answer . . . there has always been a perfect space for a battery under a car/van seat - it just makes sense to put it there.

i have a PV with no space in the back . . . some people with rear conversions have the electricals built into a cupboard . . but space is a premium back there . . so even then they choose to fit the battery etc under the seat and use 100% of the rear space for storage or other.

This thread has inspired me to finally get round to sorting out the spaghetti under my drivers seat! Quick question though - I’ve got a Victron DC-DC charger which, according to the manual, should be mounted vertically which is what I’ve done. Out of interest, what would happen if I mounted it flat?

This thread has inspired me to finally get round to sorting out the spaghetti under my drivers seat! Quick question though - I’ve got a Victron DC-DC charger which, according to the manual, should be mounted vertically which is what I’ve done. Out of interest, what would happen if I mounted it flat?
The reason is for thermal efficiency and heat soak, the rear heatsink can get very hot when its running at 100% . . . so when vertically the heat can escape straight up off the fins with convection aiding the cooling effect..

if mounted flat. the heat would soak up through the product and reduce efficiency and get hot.

I've tested a 12/12/30 victron orion at 100% flat out (drawing 30A) and that heatsink get HOT !!!!

1613942598466.png

The reason is for thermal efficiency and heat soak, the rear heatsink can get very hot when its running at 100% . . . so when vertically the heat can escape straight up off the fins with convection aiding the cooling effect..

if mounted flat. the heat would soak up through the product and reduce efficiency and get hot.

I've tested a 12/12/30 victron orion at 100% flat out (drawing 30A) and that heatsink get HOT !!!!

View attachment 104967

Cheers - that’s what I figured but nice to have it confirmed!

Cheers - that’s what I figured but nice to have it confirmed!
Good luck with your spaghetti.... post some before and after pics here.

Plus you will get some ideas on possible improvements or upgrades....

Valence U27-12XP LifePo4 under passenger seat
Victron Battery Protect 12/65
Victron BMV712 Smart Battery Monitor
Ablemail AMS 12-12-30
Ablemail Battery Manager Bluetooth
Battery Monitor BM2 (x2)
Victron Blue Smart Charger on Fly leads for both batteries
USB connection to Valence BMS
Connection for portable Solar Panel

I wish I had been neater with my wiring!!View attachment 103834View attachment 103836View attachment 103837View attachment 103838 Cover on fusebox removed to show layout!!

View attachment 103840

Hi just a quick question I am running the ablemail ams with a agm battery and thinking of changing to a lifepo4 battery did you have to change the parameters of the ams
Regards Mark

Back