Seat Base Electric + EHU + Solar Install + Charger + DC-DC -- How We Done it --

@Marcovan8 Hi yes just a couple of the settings. It is the reason that I had the battery manager. Alternatively you can send your AMS back and they will change the settings for you.

@Marcovan8 Hi yes just a couple of the settings. It is the reason that I had the battery manager. Alternatively you can send your AMS back and they will change the settings for you.
Thanks looking at sending it back will they need the battery info?
What does the battery manager do?
Regards Mark

I don't think they need anything more than AH rating. The battery manager runs a bluetooth App that shows what is happening to both batteries and allows you to change the settings. It's a clever bit of kit but I find the bluetooth connection a bit iffy. Rob

I don't think they need anything more than AH rating. The battery manager runs a bluetooth App that shows what is happening to both batteries and allows you to change the settings. It's a clever bit of kit but I find the bluetooth connection a bit iffy. Rob
Once again thankyou the bluetooth dongle is that the BATTMAN one from ablemail

Hi sorry to be a pest
The victron battery isolate how did you determine what size to go for?
you add up the max Amps for all the loads . . .

they do 65A and 100A. versions ( most people got for the 65A as its ample for most installs (unless running large inverters ie 800w plus)

remember you cant charge back through them - the charger source need to be behind it

the "Smart" versions have Bluetooth to connect to the APP on the phone

"non-smart" versions have NO Bluetooth.

1614169215875.png

you add up the max Amps for all the loads . . .

they do 65A and 100A. versions ( most people got for the 65A as its ample for most installs (unless running large inverters ie 800w plus)

remember you cant charge back through them - the charger source need to be behind it

the "Smart" versions have Bluetooth to connect to the APP on the phone

"non-smart" versions have NO Bluetooth.

View attachment 105387
Once again thanks

I've just completed my under seat leisure battery install.

It's a limited capacity setup with only 32Ah available but it's lithium so can use 100% of that compared to 50% of an AGM battery (and that's often only 50Ah from a 100Ah battery).

I've included:

• DC-DC charger (wiring needed to complete) with MPPT solar input up to 120W (for future)

• EHU charger (wiring to be run)

• 300W inverter (a bit limited) and two 240V outlets under the driver's seat.

• Cutoff switch and fuses for 12V applications, and panel with four usb outlets to rear of drivers seat.

• LCD battery monitor to rear of seat showing charging input in watts and DC&AC outputs in watts.

• Components all boxed together and removable for use in the awning, without removing the seat.

• Plenty of space for a second similar setup under the seat (non-swivel).

• Managed to do the whole job for under £400.

I need to do a bit more work to stop the battery moving but I think it's a pretty neat setup.

What do you think?

PXL_20210225_194342327.jpg
PXL_20210225_194219838.jpg

Actually £365 delivered

Last edited:
In case you're as surprised as I was when I went out to see whether it would fit under the seat, here's some household objects for scale. It's not quite as wide as an iPad or Nintendo Switch, just taller than a beer bottle and as deep as a beer bottle and a tape measure. If it was anything else I had bought online I would be seriously annoyed that they mis-sold how small it was, but this is astonishing. I'm serious that you could fit two under the seat if you removed the rubber flooring.

PXL_20210225_203411165.jpg

I know it's not a serious contender for a leisure battery install if you have a fridge, but otherwise, with a 120W solar panel I'm totally serious about this being my install for this year.

Yep, all running. I won't muddy this thread further, as it's not fair on people who want to go the traditional route, but it begs the question "for how much longer?"

View attachment 105591
Agreed, these packs do have a place . . we uses them all the time at home, work and camping.

one even run the T6F Summer Camp DiscoTent in 2020 . . i liked it so much i bought a second one.

we use the ALLPOWERS 372 Version: its only £240 or £225 with voucher.

1614287473353.png
+

we done some testing, and while its was fine for mobile applications we found it was only 1/3 capacity of the big Green Lithium (138ah)

and was limited to 60W charge rate, so could be slow to charge compared to a proper DC-DC seat build.

1614287708846.png

VS

1614287775677.png

I've just completed my under seat leisure battery install.

It's a limited capacity setup with only 32Ah available but it's lithium so can use 100% of that compared to 50% of an AGM battery (and that's often only 50Ah from a 100Ah battery).

I've included:

• DC-DC charger (wiring needed to complete) with MPPT solar input up to 120W (for future)

• EHU charger (wiring to be run)

• 300W inverter (a bit limited) and two 240V outlets under the driver's seat.

• Cutoff switch and fuses for 12V applications, and panel with four usb outlets to rear of drivers seat.

• LCD battery monitor to rear of seat showing charging input in watts and DC&AC outputs in watts.

• Components all boxed together and removable for use in the awning, without removing the seat.

• Plenty of space for a second similar setup under the seat (non-swivel).

• Managed to do the whole job for under £400.

I need to do a bit more work to stop the battery moving but I think it's a pretty neat setup.

What do you think?

View attachment 105582
View attachment 105583

Actually £365 delivered
@Andysmee do you have any links where you got the hardware from? Cheers Pete

nice. did you fabricate that base bracket or buy it ready made?

got more details on it pls ?

Back