Ever since I got the my van back from the convertors the harsh ride concerned me [my daily is polo gti - so i'm used to hard suspension]. At the time it was lowered with H&R 40mm springs, but as Steve explained were even lower.

Initially after reading up I knew the next step was better shocks, and was considering Koni Active's, but after finding out the drop was too far, I had to reconsider. After a couple of phone calls, I arranged to drop by this afternoon. I left just under 2 hours later, with 4 Koni Evo's and a much improved ride back. Thanks to all @CRS Performance

Thinking Koni Actives for the Polo???

Last edited:
Long story: I had VB air suspension fitted to my T32 Transporter in 2018 - at great expense.
Minimal improvement in ride, though the auto-level on campsites was very good.
However, after 3 (YES 3 !!) bag failures since then (the last with a projected 8-10 week wait for parts!!) I made the decision to just tear it out and start again with a shock/spring setup.
I'm lucky to have found Steve and his team at CRS Performance on this vital forum.
Absolutely superb service, expertise and execution.
They are now becoming experts in this procedure (says all you need to know about the pricey VB setup) and are already experts in performance and comfort suspension with VW transporters and also cars.
He recommended a 40mm drop setup, based on the Koni Active shocks.
Within 5 days of me contacting him, the work was done!
WOW.
What a difference. I had no idea how bad the ride had been for 5 years.
Complete transformation.
Braking, cornering, undulations, lane changes....all now secure and subtle. Handling now more akin to a car than a van.
All at a fraction of the cost of the air setup.
Huge thanks to Steve and the team at CRS.

Will be posting this box of spanners back to VB!
Van now looks great too.

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

I’ve already left a review here after going to Steve once my old Stance+ had rattled my eyes out of their sockets, but need to recommend him again; today I contacted him for some work I was doing on the van. Granted it was only a small job, but a job he could have been making money on.
He was happy to help out and gave me some advice, even when things didn’t go to plan!
Thanks for taking time out of your weekend to help me, Steve. It’s much obliged.

Ran into some forum members at @CRS Performance today when I popped up to have some work done and have a nosey over @VanDamMan van!!! Had an MOT failure on a broken spring and an advisory on the brake pads! It was great to have Steve, Big Steve and Jim working on my van. Upgraded front discs, pads all round and a pair of replacement springs. The reassurance of having the two Steves check out the Koni Actives they’d installed a couple of years ago rather than listen to the usual “not OEM, we can’t look at that” nonsense.

As ever, the work was done speedily and VERY competitively priced - definitely worth the trawl up the motorway.

Drilled on back & grooved on front?
Any particular reason @VanDamMan
I'm intrigued...

BTW - very nice shiny, shiny van & Michaela's paint job is still looking good on those calipers :thumbsup:
Hi John…No reason why there different….but does make the van stop faster…;) As for painted calipers ,it’s a new set supplied and painted by @CRS Performance. But after I removed the dimples..with Mr Dremel. As below

IMG_2288.png

Next project.. to clean and polish old set and paint……Ready for next swop ( Micheala said it’s easier to paint off the vehicle so she basically allowed me to buy a spare set and swop when they get bad …..didn’t even ask how much !! …who am I to argue :whistle::whistle::whistle:

During a week of everything going wrong, I snapped a front spring on the van 3 days before our road trip round Spain and Portugal.
Van is lowered on Koni and H&R done by Steve over 3 years ago.
I rang Steve and explained my predicament and there’s was no problem, just positive help. It was no problem for me to pop in on my way down to the ferry on the Saturday.
So, the springs he has now are not the same as my H&R. New fronts - obviously, and for the extra £100 and to keep everything new and matching I had the rears done too.
The drive away from CRS was amazing. These springs are very different, a much smoother ride. Much more car like and the van is much quieter on the road.
It turns out that snapping a spring was good luck rather than bad luck, as I’m now 2400 comfortable miles into my trip.
Can’t fault Steve for his level of service and can do attitude.

Same here! I failed my MOT for a snapped spring and worn brakes. All my local places were busy and the stealer (where the MOT was done) wanted a small fortune to fix and retest.

A call to Steve and he did the lot for me, including an upgrade to Nutexa. Even SWMBO said the van was more comfortable afterwards!

Bonus was meeting fellow forum members while the work was done! Knitting patterns and recipes were exchanged over a brew like a branch of the local WI.

Same here! I failed my MOT for a snapped spring and worn brakes. All my local places were busy and the stealer (where the MOT was done) wanted a small fortune to fix and retest.

A call to Steve and he did the lot for me, including an upgrade to Nutexa. Even SWMBO said the van was more comfortable afterwards!

Bonus was meeting fellow forum members while the work was done! Knitting patterns and recipes were exchanged over a brew like a branch of the local WI.
I put the Nutexa discs and pads on the rear same week of the snapped spring. They seem pretty good. Already have performance stuff on the front but I’ll use the Nutexa pads when it’s time to replace.

Knitting? I had you down as more of the crochet kind of guy

Back