Review: CRS Performance - Koni Definition kit

Badgersuk

VIP Member
@CRS Performance - I just wanted to say two things - Thanks to all those on here that recommended going to see Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock
And thanks for the service, honesty and cup of coffee from Steve...

I took my T32 4 motion to him today to get the suspension sorted. All i can say is its now balanced, comfortable, controlled and a much nicer drive in all areas and aspects over the original spec which was stock springs and a supposed 40mm lowering springs (that ended up being 60mm front, and 50mm rear). My requirements were "not quite as low, but comfortable and controlled" and less around aesthetics. Steve was happy to chat through requirements, and work with me to achieve the ride height and requriements I had and we settled on the Evo Technik Koni Definition Kit, I believe we are at 30-40mm drop at both ends and the change is dramatic.

Anyone that is wondering about suspension, give him a ring and have the confidence you'll get what you need rather than what could be sold...

Also, for the admins, please note there is no affiliation from me with Steve or CRS performance and there is no financial gain for me doing this. I do believe in good people, good businesses and great service hence this recommendation.

Thanks!

@CRS Performance - I just wanted to say two things - Thanks to all those on here that recommended going to see Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock
And thanks for the service, honesty and cup of coffee from Steve...

I took my T32 4 motion to him today to get the suspension sorted. All i can say is its now balanced, comfortable, controlled and a much nicer drive in all areas and aspects over the original spec which was stock springs and a supposed 40mm lowering springs (that ended up being 60mm front, and 50mm rear). My requirements were "not quite as low, but comfortable and controlled" and less around aesthetics. Steve was happy to chat through requirements, and work with me to achieve the ride height and requriements I had and we settled on the Evo Technik Koni Definition Kit, I believe we are at 30-40mm drop at both ends and the change is dramatic.

Anyone that is wondering about suspension, give him a ring and have the confidence you'll get what you need rather than what could be sold...

Also, for the admins, please note there is no affiliation from me with Steve or CRS performance and there is no financial gain for me doing this. I do believe in good people, good businesses and great service hence this recommendation.

Thanks!
pics please!! :think smile bounce:

I wish they did the entire range in black! It’s daft but the red put’s me off!

Nice vans both :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I had red special actives fitted at CRS and thought they’d get dirty and not be noticeable. Over a year on and they still shine bright!
The ride is improved over OE though and I can’t see them when I’m driving it.
Do kind of wish I went lower though, not to hide the red, just for overall looks. Although occasionally when heading up farm tracks I wonder if the van would make it if lowered.

You had them fitted with standard springs @Lubrown ? That’s what I am considering, I also often find myself in situations where a lowered van might cause me grief and do a very small amount of towing where the standard height works well. Just really don’t want Red :laugh: maybe a coating of brown dintrol wax or something? But no idea if that would then impact warranty.

You had them fitted with standard springs @Lubrown ? That’s what I am considering, I also often find myself in situations where a lowered van might cause me grief and do a very small amount of towing where the standard height works well. Just really don’t want Red :laugh: maybe a coating of brown dintrol wax or something? But no idea if that would then impact warranty.
Yes, OE springs. The ride is a vast improvement over OE shocks though. Wallowing seems controlled although I was hoping the crashiness would be reduced further if I’m honest, but I need to remember how bad it was before and appreciate it’s not a car. I think my expectations are sometimes too high.

Haha I get it being an everton fan , but on this occasion quality overruled the colour plus you don't see them unless your under the van .

• Haha
Reactions: CAB

We do these in black and red. Normally black but the factory can’t keep up with the orders ( black ) we have plenty black for T32. As they don’t sell as fast. At any one time we have 200 sets of these on order but the cycle is 4 months.

@CRS Performance much different to the special actives? Do the special actives come in black also?

I have a week in Cannock a couple of times a year, so at some point fancy doing something. Probably just standard ride height (at most a very small drop) but would love to improve the ride / handling on my T6.1.

@CRS Performance much different to the special actives? Do the special actives come in black also?

I have a week in Cannock a couple of times a year, so at some point fancy doing something. Probably just standard ride height (at most a very small drop) but would love to improve the ride / handling on my T6.1.
No the Actives are red as usual but they are very different technology and we only use active as close to standard height if possible

The special shorts that they make specially for me are brilliant and even down to 50 plus mm

Yes, OE springs. The ride is a vast improvement over OE shocks though. Wallowing seems controlled although I was hoping the crashiness would be reduced further if I’m honest, but I need to remember how bad it was before and appreciate it’s not a car. I think my expectations are sometimes too high.
I'm on standard setup (T32) and tbh the ride isn't to bad. Being a camper I take it steady anyway so works for us. The crashiness as you mentioned is a bug bear though. It doesn't appear you've seen much improvement in this area since the upgrade then?

Back