Review: CRS Performance - Koni Definition kit

Going to add my experience with @CRS Performance . Went for the Koni kit. Now under 2m in height, way better ride and comfort, and looks the part now too. Held off adding my review until I’d driven it loaded. Totally worth the money - just wish I could have afforded it sooner. Better late than never.

Two tips to others - wheel alignment necessary afterwards and +£100pa more on insurance.
Did they say why it was more , shocks are a serviceable item and should be replaced periodically , do they charge more after AN OIL CHANGE HA HA >??

Did they say why it was more , shocks are a serviceable item and should be replaced periodically , do they charge more after AN OIL CHANGE HA HA >??
Yes they said it was a ‘modification’ that changed the performance as it had been lowered.

I asked my insurer at renewal last month about this. According to them, as long as the ride height remains fairly standard there would be no additional premium.
If it was lowered, then there would be more to pay.
I was wanting to be more or less where it sits now, or slightly adjusted to remove the slight sag at the back anyway.

Reactions: CJW
Yes they said it was a ‘modification’ that changed the performance as it had been lowered.
Just goes to show how desperate they are to charge more , "Lowering is a performance advantage " , I dont think so ??!! ha ha

Just goes to show how desperate they are to charge more , "Lowering is a performance advantage " , I dont think so ??!! ha ha
To be fair they said ‘changed the performance’. Although I agree wholeheartedly that it is in a very positive direction.

To be fair they said ‘changed the performance’. Although I agree wholeheartedly that it is in a very positive direction.
Shocks ( our ones ) are a performance enhancing part BUT its also a serviceable part and therefore I dont usually advice clients to tell insurance companies about a shock change even though they are miles better .

Last edited:
Shocks ( our ones ) are a performance enhancing part BUT its also a serviceable part a there for i dont advice clients to tell insurance companies about a shock change even thought they are miles better .
I think of my Koni Special Shorts as a driving safety enhancement.
My virtually empty LWB DSG Kombi had to be a T32, as was the only option made at the time.
It bounced, juddered and/or wallowed about in differing circumstances on the standard shocks.
(Before and after my -50mm H&R springs)
Many, many times it felt unsafe.
I dread to think how it would’ve reacted /where it might’ve ended up in an emergency!

It’s a much, much safer drive now.

Thanks again Steve and crew @CRS Performance for your knowledge and assistance.
Andy

Shocks ( our ones ) are a performance enhancing part BUT its also a serviceable part a there for i dont advice clients to tell insurance companies about a shock change even thought they are miles better .
Yes, I’m talking about the springs. I specifically asked you what to say to the insurance company, you said it’s been lowered. I’m not complaining BTW,
Just heads up for other with same insurer.

I took a photo and measured the gap and evidenced the way the back was low and the front high. I stated the new suspension was to correct this that would rectify the poor handling.

Back