Just got back home after a trip to @CRS Performance for a set of H&R coilovers and ARBs. What a pleasure the whole experience was. A lift into town whilst we waited for the work to be completed, a new wheel and brake demo and all by a lovely bunch of lads who really know their stuff. Thanks guys.

Oh and the H&Rs……worth every penny.
Hi @Tim Sparkes , How low did you go? Do you have any before and after photos? :cool:

Last edited:
A little bit of. Banter chat for a Saturday afternoon .

I received a message today from one of my first H & R coil over clients ( Forum member ). This was over three years ago he wanted the van set up low , 80 mm.
he really liked the improvement over the B14 we removed when we fitted it for him .
he has treated himself to a new T6.1. And it came with project twin adjust low Kit fitted . He couldn’t get on with it and said the ride was bad. He has fitted his three year old H and R kit now and once again happy ,
the moral of this story for all the companies trying to redevelope and rebrand products to gain market share , stick to what we know. The B14 type. Kits have proved over time to be pretty poor in design durability and reliability , But the good kits are often overlooked because of the media frenzy around B14 s .
The H & R kit has 15 years of being a market leader and it has undergone very little in the way of revisions
The biggest of these revisions is. Our own design front spring and the most important revision was the introduction of the T32 front shock Becoming a Koni damper part and the old version using Bilstein shocks being discontinued . Several. Forum members tried the Bilstein mono tube front shock and found it a little too harsh , but that is a typical characteristic of the Bilstein shock and as I have said before great on Silverstone not on a van, camper or bus . We will be doing a full feature on this kit soon and some of the new kits That we Are Launching for the camper conversion industry as well. Exciting stuff .
Hope everyone is looking forward to the spring and summer seasons. Apologies to all the customers who I haven’t been able to talk to whilst I was away for very overdue short break , normal service is resuming. Thanks Steve.

A little bit of. Banter chat for a Saturday afternoon .

I received a message today from one of my first H & R coil over clients ( Forum member ). This was over three years ago he wanted the van set up low , 80 mm.
he really liked the improvement over the B14 we removed when we fitted it for him .
he has treated himself to a new T6.1. And it came with project twin adjust low Kit fitted . He couldn’t get on with it and said the ride was bad. He has fitted his three year old H and R kit now and once again happy ,
the moral of this story for all the companies trying to redevelope and rebrand products to gain market share , stick to what we know. The B14 type. Kits have proved over time to be pretty poor in design durability and reliability , But the good kits are often overlooked because of the media frenzy around B14 s .
The H & R kit has 15 years of being a market leader and it has undergone very little in the way of revisions
The biggest of these revisions is. Our own design front spring and the most important revision was the introduction of the T32 front shock Becoming a Koni damper part and the old version using Bilstein shocks being discontinued . Several. Forum members tried the Bilstein mono tube front shock and found it a little too harsh , but that is a typical characteristic of the Bilstein shock and as I have said before great on Silverstone not on a van, camper or bus . We will be doing a full feature on this kit soon and some of the new kits That we Are Launching for the camper conversion industry as well. Exciting stuff .
Hope everyone is looking forward to the spring and summer seasons. Apologies to all the customers who I haven’t been able to talk to whilst I was away for very overdue short break , normal service is resuming. Thanks Steve.
Steve I can’t thank you enough for the advice and sorting out my harsh ride. I am so happy now and knowing that i can go lower still without the shocks reaching it limits like before. Thank you

9B7065E2-860B-417B-89CD-54BB8B55569C.jpeg

Yet another big thumbs up for CRS today.
Steve fitted me in at short notice this morning after me calling him yesterday. As has been said many times before, the service from these really friendly bunch of fellas was first class.

I’ve ran B14s and SoLows on previous T6s and Van Slams on a T5 previously and have just sold a Vito with BC racing coilovers. This time I went for the ‘new and improved’ T32 H&R coilovers.

The leap forward with these from the previous suspension I’ve ran is staggering. The comfort is way beyond anything I’ve ever had on a van before. The ride is so compliant and perfectly damped. I honestly can’t recommend them enough.

The back is about as low as it will go in my totally empty van, the seats aren’t even fitted at the moment. And the front has a chunk more to go down.

982F11B8-8F48-43C7-B2F7-0F189E475FC1.jpeg

.. those Kits are the best for comforts compare the the other ones I test drove and tried.. potholes all over the place around here and my van became unbearable on the original coil over kit when i lower it. Now sweet again.

A little taster of things to come , we wont be developing 50 x coil over kits that do the same thing as seems to be the trend in the industry nowadays, but we have got these bits coming soon .

H&R coil over kit for the ID Buzz its fully \TUV approved and the first kits will be with us in 6 weeks time , Anyone interested please let us know , The H&R coil over kits we currently do, have proved to be market leaders on the T5, T5.1 , T6 and T6.1 and there is no reason why the ID Buzz will be any different so we are very excited about this . We have TUV approved spring kits also for those customers just wanting an improved look with limited Budget . No Doubt our popular KONI shocks will follow along quite soon to compliment the H&R Springs

The Coil over kit is selling at £ 1500.00 plus vat , Trade inquires also welcome.

blog-VW-IDBUZZ-HR-Gewindefahrwerk-Quer-3-Kopie.jpg

blog-VW-IDBUZZ-HR-Gewindefahrwerk-Quer-4-Kopie.jpg

blog-VW-IDBUZZ-HR-Gewindefahrwerk-Quer-5-Kopie.jpg

Hi all, just wanted to share my trip down to CRS Performance today. After buying my T32 Kombi I read a lot of your experiences on coilovers some low some very very low. So after a lot of lurking the only company that kept popping up was CRS and their Koni H&R setup. All I can say is that hands down the best service experience ride and value for money you can get. Day and night compared to the original set up.

762FD833-32E0-403D-9D1C-8A2CEAC0C98E.jpeg

A9AB8E90-E735-4FCA-A844-326E868EB9AE.jpeg

I am not one for reviews normally as I think everyone has a different opinion on what quality and service means! But on Monday 13.03.2023 I called Steve @CRS Performance as i wanted to upgrade my current coiler suspension, Steve took at least 30 minutes to explain the options, the good and the bad about all the options and the realistic outcome of what i wanted. The picture will say it all but i must say having ran OEM suspension and Stance + coilovers to compare this is the absolute best kit possible, It has the lowering look of coilovers but with the ride quality the OEM suspension. The speed at which Steve and his team where able to slot me in and complete the work was an added bonus. Highly recommend these guys based on my experience.

VW TRANSPORTER T6.1.jpg

I am not usually one to write reviews however I feel I need to tonight.

A week ago I visited Steve at @CRS Performance to replace the crappy stance+ coilovers which the van came with. I opted for the H&R coilover kit with a 65mm drop. These have been amazing and after 500 miles last week the difference is amazing. No more clenching as I approach a bump in the road, awesome bit of kit.

The guys there were nothing but amazing, coffee whilst you wait and a good chat about all things cars and vans. I noticed a small knocking afterwards which was coming from the tie rod ends, without hesitation Steve got me in last minute today to replace for me FOC. Brilliant customer service.

If you are after anything for your van, Steve is the man. Thank you again Steve and see you in a few months for some new brakes and ARB

283E6709-1D05-4C50-8CE5-E8B2B1F5E17C.jpeg

79E96D78-0411-4C1C-AC04-520E171B6DB0.jpeg

I am not usually one to write reviews however I feel I need to tonight.

A week ago I visited Steve at @CRS Performance to replace the crappy stance+ coilovers which the van came with. I opted for the H&R coilover kit with a 65mm drop. These have been amazing and after 500 miles last week the difference is amazing. No more clenching as I approach a bump in the road, awesome bit of kit.

The guys there were nothing but amazing, coffee whilst you wait and a good chat about all things cars and vans. I noticed a small knocking afterwards which was coming from the tie rod ends, without hesitation Steve got me in last minute today to replace for me FOC. Brilliant customer service.

If you are after anything for your van, Steve is the man. Thank you again Steve and see you in a few months for some new brakes and ARB

View attachment 194288

View attachment 194289
Good set up and I will vouch too. The comfort is night and day.

What set up did you have before the CRS upgrade?

I had some cheap and cheerful coilovers - stance+ which came on the van. Drop of 118 or something daft at the back

Back