[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

Ok, I've decided to have a go myself as this thread is really good.
Got all the bits on order. I'll change the stalks later if it all goes to plan.
It's the coding that worries me.

A couple of questions:-
1 - If I get all the wiring in and steering wheel fitted, will there be any issues driving it with the wheel not coded in? (If the coding takes me a while)
2 - The Kauftec instructions talk about replacing the 'coil spring'. What is this, and is it necessary?
3 - I don't have any cruise currently, so assume I follow the 'cruise not available' sections 15 & 18 and the coding looks more which is to be expected.

I'll download the wiring schematics at work next week, but how easy is it to ID the different connectors? Especially the one under the battery? Really not looking forward to that one...

Many Thanks

Hi, actually I'd never done any coding before either but I found that it was the easiest part! After reading on this forum I was a bit worried that my ECU wouldn't accept the coding. So I actually did a test run (using VCDS HEX-V2) before I installed anything to make sure that my ECU and BCM would accept the coding. It's just a matter of selecting some tick boxes in the software and then VCDS does the magic for you. And you can easily revert it back to the way it was.

1- I wouldn't recommend it. The wiring modification changes the horn from being hardwired activated, to being activated by the LIN bus. So if you do the modification but don't code it in then your horn won't work.
2- I didn't replace my clock spring, don't think it's necessary.
3- Actually I followed 16 and 18. I think 15 and 16 are the wrong way around. You only move Pin 26 to Pin 11 if you already have cruise control on stalks. You don't, so you need to run the additional wire from Pin 11 to the ECU. This isn't mentioned in the Kufatec instructions.
4- It's the black connector at the very bottom of the holder. Pin 1 has a wire in one side only. I double checked the other wires against the wiring diagram to make sure that I had the correct one.

Good luck!

Hi, actually I'd never done any coding before either but I found that it was the easiest part! After reading on this forum I was a bit worried that my ECU wouldn't accept the coding. So I actually did a test run (using VCDS HEX-V2) before I installed anything to make sure that my ECU and BCM would accept the coding. It's just a matter of selecting some tick boxes in the software and then VCDS does the magic for you. And you can easily revert it back to the way it was.

1- I wouldn't recommend it. The wiring modification changes the horn from being hardwired activated, to being activated by the LIN bus. So if you do the modification but don't code it in then your horn won't work.
2- I didn't replace my clock spring, don't think it's necessary.
3- Actually I followed 16 and 18. I think 15 and 16 are the wrong way around. You only move Pin 26 to Pin 11 if you already have cruise control on stalks. You don't, so you need to run the additional wire from Pin 11 to the ECU. This isn't mentioned in the Kufatec instructions.
4- It's the black connector at the very bottom of the holder. Pin 1 has a wire in one side only. I double checked the other wires against the wiring diagram to make sure that I had the correct one.

Good luck!
That’s great info mr deeds. Thank you
Did you buy Hex-v2? £225 from Gendan :oops:
The £695 +vat from the dealer for wheel and fitting is starting to seem quite reasonable... :p
I struggled to find the wiring diagrams last night, but will look again tonight. In the downloads yes?
Thanks

Search for dellmassive how I done mfsw if you can't find diagrams in the DL Section .. I used wiring diagrams from that thread.. where are you based someone with VCDS will do the coding for you .. perhaps 20 GBP for register of additional user.. I did this mod for 150 ( 100 wheel, 40 wiring harness, 10 repair wires ) without the VCDS so save yourself some money .. around 700 .. and have the satisfaction of completing it yourself .. albeit I did not have the ferreting around under the battery for the Engine ECU connector

Search for dellmassive how I done mfsw if you can't find diagrams in the DL Section .. I used wiring diagrams from that thread.. where are you based someone with VCDS will do the coding for you .. perhaps 20 GBP for register of additional user.. I did this mod for 150 ( 100 wheel, 40 wiring harness, 10 repair wires ) without the VCDS so save yourself some money .. around 700 .. and have the satisfaction of completing it yourself .. albeit I did not have the ferreting around under the battery for the Engine ECU connector
Thanks. I will try that.
Im not ‘flush’ enough to pay dealer prices.
I may try the forum VCDS hire option, but I understand it is an older version and not fully compatible with later vans.
Cheers

I dont suppose any one has photos of this wiring and work do they? i have the wheel, am about to buy the loom, but i know im going to get to it and be like... oh fu... sake.

will i need to wire to the eco or the engine area if i dont have or intend on using cruise control? so far my electrical expertise consist of a light bulb interior and exterior change lol.

i have the wheel, the right loom is on the way, i have a carista for coding, i dont have or intend to use cruise control, what else am i going to need or need to do please?

What are you changing the wheel for if not to add the CCS ..
Stereo controls only ! Seems a bit of hard work for this ....

You may as well get the ccs working if you are changing wheels .. maybe ask someone on here who has added the ECU wire and the faff of getting at the connector beneath the battery they may volunteer to help you if you take the van to them... where are you based..
There are plenty of photos within different threads for wheel changes.. repair wires and ecu ccs cable mod.. just search untill you find what you are looking for ...

OK, so all my bits have arrived and I've been piecing together the connection points.
It does seem less daunting now that I have the Kufatec kit in my hands and it's nicely labelled.
I'm planning on doing the T10 Pin wire install first as that seems to be the most time consuming and awkward bit, then I'll run it to close to the T41 Stalk connector ready for stage 2. (Just to be clear for anyone reading this in the future, this wire is not in the Kufatec kit and they make no mention of it in the instructions. It is made up of the two repair wire ends joined to and extension cable - all 0.5mmsq. The other 2 repair wires mentioned in the earlier posts are in the Kufatec kit, with a 7.5a fuse for power.)

One question I have is the number of wires involved. There is a lot of buttons on the SW, but only 5 wires. And one is horn, and I'd imagine one is lights, then 3 wires to do everything else. Is this the advantages of CANBUS? Multiple signals down same line?

Also, does Byte 17 need changing? No mention of it in my Kufatec instructions, but from an earlier post it seems to another 'let the van know CCS is installed'.

Also also, what pin removal tools did you need? I have a set of 2 I got from Travalin Lite - hoping they will be suitable.

Thanks

This thread covers most of your install and has wiring diagrams for the wheel.

You need to do all the wiring together otherwise you are removing trims, wheels airbags,switches connectors etc.. more than once ..

Thought I would update. Went in to vw for its interim service. I asked them to turn the ccs on in the engine module as I couldnt. They done it but then said cruise didnt work. They left it turned on though and didnt charge.
I found mfsw not working at all. Got home and reset the cent elec and then set up ccs again and boom. all fully working although not yet road tested but its now up on the screen.
Many thanks @chang1

Reactions: mmi
Oh my lord!
Beginning to wonder if this MFSW is worth it!
Where do I start with this????
Would really like to have a working van at the end....
CB55075F-9666-41C7-B5CD-BF076F8C4086.jpeg

Where do I start???
Well, my MFSW did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Could really do with some pointers if that is ok?

2109 Shuttle, no cruise on van to start. Std T6 MFSW with cruise on left buttons.
I have wired:-
T10 Pin 1 to T41 Pin 11
T41 Pin 11 horn wire folded back and insulated.
T41 Pin 9 to Black wire on back of light switch
T41 Pin 10 to T73b Pin 36 (was a grey/blue (?) wire already there, so spliced to it)

Wired the Airbag up as per the Kufatec instructions
Had to use the old blue/white wire connector onto horn spade.

Coded:-
Address 09 Byte 9 Bit 3 to 1 - All OK
Address 09 Byte 15 Bit 0 to 1 - All OK
Address 09 Byte 29 Bit 6 to 1 - I've got nothing in Byte 29

Kufatec also suggests the following:-
Address 09 Under Subbus MFL enter HEX value B4FFFF - I can't see where this is in VCDS. Any pointers?
Address 5F Click on address 5F with right mouse and do some stuff. It doesn't work for me.

Also followed @chang1 Address 01 Byte 5 change to CCS installed, but it gets rejected
Address 09 Byte 17 Bit 7 - Worked

All the lights work, but I have an airbag light and no horn, and none of the buttons do anything.
Not much to show for a days work.....

Any pointers very much appreciated

Nothing? No tick boxes? By using LCode2 you can enter any coding - even undocumented ones.
1607806773891.png

Address 09 Under Subbus MFL enter HEX value B4FFFF - I can't see where this is in VCDS. Any pointers?
Should be in the pull-down menu on "main screen" of the BCM?
1607807122487.png

Address 5F Click on address 5F with right mouse and do some stuff. It doesn't work for me.
Some stuff?

Also followed @chang1 Address 01 Byte 5 change to CCS installed, but it gets rejected
Ouch... did we hit a compatibility issue after all?
News from Rosstech. Unless you have the new V2 hex lead you cannot change the Engine 01 section. Thanks to dnoermann for trying this.
I will buy a clone vcp lead just to change this 1 single thing. Hopefully that will be capable of doing that.
----------------------------------------
EDIT: The mentioned coding possible only with VCDS HEX-V2 in details here --->

Last edited:
Where do I start???
Well, my MFSW did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Could really do with some pointers if that is ok?

2109 Shuttle, no cruise on van to start. Std T6 MFSW with cruise on left buttons.
I have wired:-
T10 Pin 1 to T41 Pin 11
T41 Pin 11 horn wire folded back and insulated.
T41 Pin 9 to Black wire on back of light switch
T41 Pin 10 to T73b Pin 36 (was a grey/blue (?) wire already there, so spliced to it)

Wired the Airbag up as per the Kufatec instructions
Had to use the old blue/white wire connector onto horn spade.

Coded:-
Address 09 Byte 9 Bit 3 to 1 - All OK
Address 09 Byte 15 Bit 0 to 1 - All OK

Kufatec also suggests the following:-

Address 09 Byte 17 Bit 7 - Worked

All the lights work, but I have an airbag light and no horn, and none of the buttons do anything.
Not much to show for a days work.....

Any pointers very much appreciated
Address 09 Byte 29 Bit 6 to 1 - All Ok now
Address 09 Byte 17 Bit 2 to 1 - Didn't mention this earlier as I couldn't see it in VCDS, but set it high now.

Had to teach myself binary and hexidecimal again (only been 40 odd years) and direct code it as the long coding wouldn't work.

Still can't sort address 01 Byte 05 Bit 5 to high - errors every time.

MFSW is working on most buttons, but I doubt cruise is yet (untested), horn works fine and airbag fault reset.

Nothing? No tick boxes? By using LCode2 you can enter any coding - even undocumented ones.
View attachment 94790

Should be in the pull-down menu on "main screen" of the BCM?
View attachment 94792

Some stuff?

Ouch... did we hit a compatibility issue after all?
@mmi Thank you. Will give that a go in the morning. I looked in the drop downs, but nothing matched what Kufatec are saying to do. I'll post the instructions up in a mo - need to do it on my phone.

Gutted about 01 module. Although I do have Hex-V2, its not particularly 'cosha'....:whistle:

@mmi Thank you
I'll check the battery out as i have been fiddling and not doing many miles.
I'll be up early trying all these suggestions out.
Really appreciate it.
Thanks

I've been through all this before Huw169 posting the exact same. Have you or have you not enabled CCS in the engine module. If not do not watse your time doing anything else. My vcds would not allow me to enable it, go to page 2 onwards and I literally have posted the exact same.
Once the engine module is coded you can then code the rest, It took me 6 months as I am lazy but took it to vw and they enable CCS in the engine control module. I was then able to do the rest of the coding. That was last week and I can confirm it is now all working.
It is so frustrating I feel your pain but honestly do waste anymore of your time until you get the Engine module coded as that is the number one to turn it on or off.
And yes I had been using it for 6 months with just the stereo buttons working.... But I only do about 2k miles a year (or thats my excuse).

Thanks for your pointers @mmi, i got those other 2 items coded. Had no idea what the Adaptations were, but learning all this is great.
I did have a couple of fault codes, one for voltage low and a battery controller one. Battery is at 12.56v so in maint charge. still can't code the 01 though so may be a limitation of the lead I am using. Also my Lcode2 doesn't seem to work in any module.

@bullracing Thanks, was really hoping I could do it myself. So frustrating that I can't make the last hurdle. Everything else is coded, most of it being my lack of knowledge. I read you took yours into Breeze. I also know Lee at LMK, so might see if he can do it for me as I have my wifes car going into him this week with a huge list of 'needs'. Thanks

@bullracing Any chance you could take a pic of the long coding page for address 01, byte 5 please? I'd like to be able to identify exactly what needs doing as last time I spoke to Lee about this he was very cautious due to having issues and doesn't do steering wheel mods any more - probably similar to this :slow rofl:

Back