View attachment 104500

My experience from @CRS Performance today has been great. My van was already lowered on eBay second hand H&R Springs but when Steve and Jordan saw the part numbers we realised that theyre for a lighter van and made by H&R to be a 'universal' type lowering kit for lighter transporters for Euro Car Parts, despite being boxed for a T30. So not an accurate set for my heavier DSG 204 at all. Consequently it was way too low for the standard shocks and rattled and clunked with no travel left. I had to buy new proper 50mm H&R springs suitable for my van while i was there to make the set up right, which non of us expected so Steve was (very) good on the price to help ease the blow, and they fitted the Koni shocks along with new springs as planned. Although the van now sits a little higher it still looks the part but more importantly it performs as it should. I've noticed it corners better, takes speed bumps and pot holes much nicer and doesnt judder all my kit in the back to bits when taking off abit hard from stand still. Very pleased the van feels and looks like it should.
The Steve’s know what they are doing.
CRS Performance is top notch.
Gutted though, I have a set of Koni Active shocks to sell. Used for 3k miles !

A brief review from me.
CRS swapped out my Bilstein B14 set up for their H&R 'equivalent' set. Van is a 2017 T32 SWB.
The work was completed very quickly and efficiently - I think I was in and out in no more than 2 hours.
Broad comparison between the Bilsteins and H&R:
Primary ride (how the big bumps are handled) is much much improved, this was obvious just rolling out of the industrial estate. For me this is a big step up in overall comfort.
Secondary ride (how the small stuff is handled) is probably about the same and is more about the overall 'stiffness' of the set up - it is a stiffer 'sportier' set up after all.
Worthwhile? For me, yes. The improvement in the primary ride is significant.

IMG_4133.jpg

After reading many posts on the forum I contacted Steve @CRS Performance and had a chat about my suspension set up, which comprised Eibach ‘comfort’ lowering springs with standard VW shocks (T28, dayvan/camper conversion) & H & R ARB’s. After measuring the drop which was found to be around 50mm Steve recommended the Sport adjustable shocks to pair up with the existing set-up. So, a couple of weeks ago I went down to Cannock to have the work done - new shocks and small adjustment to the rear springs to compensate for the additional weight of the fit-out since the springs were fitted. Since then, apart from the drive back up the M6, I’ve driven the van a few times on local roads and yesterday into Manchester on the M62. So, although the van drove loads better than standard with the Eibachs & ARB’s fitted and the drive was ‘acceptable’ it is now so much better. The harshness on bad roads has gone, traversing speed bumps is smoother, rattles in the van have mostly ceased and road noise seems to have decreased. The brake assist on hills is also working properly again! I can genuinely say that the overall ride comfort has improved significantly and would recommend if you’re considering making changes to the suspension that a chat with Steve would be a good place to start.

Just a quick word to say thank you to Steve @CRS Performance .caught him a bit unawares on Wednesday thinking he had a quiet day doing paperwork so was on his own in the workshop .unfazed he set about stripping the suspension on my camper conversion to fit koni shocks and springs to level out my saggy butt!! To be honest I was quiet shocked at how different the van was to drive on the test run and journey home,it was so different going round corners flat and not rolling to the side !The steering now felt right as the front end was now pointing down instead of up and to top it all off it now looks good with the 40_50mm drop it's now a pleasure to drive .So if you are thinking about sorting your suspension give Steve a ring he has years of knowledge working closely with koni and is a real nice chap to spend a few hours chatting with and drinking tea as he transforms your pride and joy .

2938548E-CD39-49E0-AAF6-78144F80E33C.jpegThanks to Steve @CRS Performance and the guys , on Saturday, for the H+R coilovers and the Koni shocks. A 350 mile round trip but seriously worth it. A 60mm drop and the ride transformed, especially carrying more speed through the twisty bits.
But what really earned Steve his JOB WELL DONE sticker was Mrs sawdust saying she could feel the difference from the passenger seat, when on our way out Saturday evening.
Full marks fella.

View attachment 118707Thanks to Steve @CRS Performance and the guys , on Saturday, for the H+R coilovers and the Koni shocks. A 350 mile round trip but seriously worth it. A 60mm drop and the ride transformed, especially carrying more speed through the twisty bits.
But what really earned Steve his JOB WELL DONE sticker was Mrs sawdust saying she could feel the difference from the passenger seat, when on our way out Saturday evening.
Full marks fella.
Mrs Sawdust your cheque is in the post !!

Many thanks

I just want to thank Steve Hurley and his guys of CRS Performance. What a nice and friendly guy. Had my T32 4 motion DSG, B14’s removed today ( they are horrid) and replaced with quality H&R adjustable coil overs, along with front and rear H&R Anti roll bars and bushes. WOW. The van drives like new, no roll and Sooooooo comfortable. Start to finish including setup and lots of chats and help, 3 hrs.
Really helpful kind guy, well recommended and sets a new precedent on quality and workmanship!

I just want to thank Steve Hurley and his guys of CRS Performance. What a nice and friendly guy. Had my T32 4 motion DSG, B14’s removed today ( they are horrid) and replaced with quality H&R adjustable coil overs, along with front and rear H&R Anti roll bars and bushes. WOW. The van drives like new, no roll and Sooooooo comfortable. Start to finish including setup and lots of chats and help, 3 hrs.
Really helpful kind guy, well recommended and sets a new precedent on quality and workmanship!
About a month ago I went to CRS Performance for Koni shocks, I totally agree, great service by professionals, van drives great now, couldn't ask for more.

Sign me up for the CRS fan club

I had STX coilovers and H&R anti roll bars fitted on Wednesday, over the moon with the results.

the CRS guys are extremely professional, know their stuff, very friendly, and it really doesn't take long at all so if you do live a bit out of the way you could easily swing by for a few hours and grab some lunch whilst your van gets transformed!

The price is extremely reasonable too, I priced up B14s and H&R anti roll bars to be supplied and installed somewhere more local to me (another well known transporter place) and CRS was a lot cheaper installing what I believe is a much better product.

Back