Review: CRS - Koni special actives H&R ARBs

Hi @Pedro20001 I have to say I am massively impressed by your Croation/world tour, it is a trip Wifey and I plan to do next Summer.
Steve has performed the same Koni/H&R miracle on our van too with a superb result in the handling department, as you say completely recommended to all.
My major trips this year have consisted of Willenhall, Wolverhampton and the Gravelly Hill Interchange to name but a few! Sorry, Lyme Regis and Sibbertoft are as far as we have gone this year, we did the NC500 last year in a rental.
My real question is one of reliability on such a trip, did you have any issues, scares or scrapes on such a mission? Something we should watch out for? Any pointers would be much appreciated, I'm sure there will be other intrigued folk on here who would love a brief synopsis of your experience!

Wonder how this compares to B14 Comfort suspension...
There simply isnt a comparison between these products , they are for different types of client and uses .

B14 designed to go low and much lower emphasis on looks over comfort .

Special active for a more discerning practical solution comfort as a priority ,

Tell us what you have and what you want to achieve because we have a vast range of things in between these two and thats generally what gets our customers excited .

. If b14 is the type of kit you want the H&R Ultimate kit is by far the best way to go, lowering 50 to 80 mm and the best comfort you can get from a coil over kit

I just want the most functional suspension and slightly lowered.
Special active and H&R springs seems to be the optimal solution.
I'm just worried that the height won't be as expected - it is not adjustable, so it's somewhat a risk.
Also it's surprising to me that Koni Special Active will work as good as with normal and with lowered springs.
I thought that if you have a complete setup like B14 (shocks and springs) that it is generally better than buying separate.
Because if one gets just lowered springs on standard suspension, people say it's not that good...
And Koni Special Active is basically an OEM suspension replacement.
But I guess it works.

Last edited:
We have 14 different spring combinations to get the result you need . once we have it right no need to play with it . Coil overs dont do "slightly dropped" at all , this is where a lot of mis information floats around on forums about all the height adjustable kits . we wouldn't always recommend S Actives as the go to kit any way , it is one of our many offerings of course but is restricted in how low the van can be , No KONI products can be described as OEM , they are simply better designed and function very differently and thats why the results are so good

The B14 Komfort is more comfortable than the B14 original kit . It doesnt mean its the most comfortable kit available at all . It does low and lower and any lowering upsets the comfort levels ,

Best to give us a call so we can explain how this all works and what you need to get more comfort in real terms .

Back