Review: H&R Coilovers + ARB

Stu1974

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I just want to thank Steve Hurley and his guys of CRS Performance. What a nice and friendly guy. Had my T32 4 motion DSG, B14’s removed today ( they are horrid) and replaced with quality H&R adjustable coil overs, along with front and rear H&R Anti roll bars and bushes. WOW. The van drives like new, no roll and Sooooooo comfortable. Start to finish including setup and lots of chats and help, 3 hrs.
Really helpful kind guy, well recommended and sets a new precedent on quality and workmanship!

Glad to hear all is sorted, not sure what was wrong with your set, maybe not fitted or set up correctly?

My bus came back from a main dealer service today, everything suspension wise was perfect with my B14’s that are now on 27,000 miles in 3 years.

Glad to hear all is sorted, not sure what was wrong with your set, maybe not fitted or set up correctly?

My bus came back from a main dealer service today, everything suspension wise was perfect with my B14’s that are now on 27,000 miles in 3 years.
My van being the 4 motion is just too heavy for the bilstein springs. It’s night and day difference between the B14’s and the H&R. Love the drive of the van now.

I just want to thank Steve Hurley and his guys of CRS Performance. What a nice and friendly guy. Had my T32 4 motion DSG, B14’s removed today ( they are horrid) and replaced with quality H&R adjustable coil overs, along with front and rear H&R Anti roll bars and bushes. WOW. The van drives like new, no roll and Sooooooo comfortable. Start to finish including setup and lots of chats and help, 3 hrs.
Really helpful kind guy, well recommended and sets a new precedent on quality and workmanship!
About a month ago I went to CRS Performance for Koni shocks, I totally agree, great service by professionals, van drives great now, couldn't ask for more.

I'm hearing loads or complaints regarding the B14s recently... I'm now thinking about getting an ARB upgrade myself. @ChrisR should I?
An ARB upgrade won’t help if you’re not happy with your suspension…. the Anti Roll Bars tighten things up!
They are a great upgrade, but start with your actual suspension first. :thumbsup:

Really and you don’t get rubbing? I personally hate the quality of them. My new setup is fantastic and so a better ride then before.
You had better be careful knocking his beloved B14s. He will be adding you to his ignore list soon. :slow rofl::think smile bounce:

(I agree with you btw)

An ARB upgrade won’t help if you’re not happy with your suspension…. the Anti Roll Bars tighten things up!
They are a great upgrade, but start with your actual suspension first. :thumbsup:
They are mate. They are great. Can’t believe the diffference. So smooth and flat on corners, but without the teeth chattering you get with the B14’s

Already sorted the suspension with ST X, I'm not unhappy with the suspension, but now I've added weight up top with the conversion I wondered how much it would help.

Already sorted the suspension with ST X, I'm not unhappy with the suspension, but now I've added weight up top with the conversion I wondered how much it would help.
It will make things less “wallowly”

They are mate. They are great. Can’t believe the diffference. So smooth and flat on corners, but without the teeth chattering you get with the B14’s
I hope you don’t want decent money for your b14’s? Your putting a lot of possible buyers off that read this :slow rofl:I personally had b14’s if they are not set at they’re lowest they’re fine , only reason I changed was because I wanted to go lower.

The ARBs definitely help control the additional weight of the camper conversion bud. The ride from the ST-X, plus the additional control from the ARBs is a big win!

Reactions: Jlo
I hope you don’t want decent money for your b14’s? Your putting a lot of possible buyers off that read this :slow rofl:I personally had b14’s if they are not set at they’re lowest they’re fine , only reason I changed was because I wanted to go lower.
Ill get as much as I can and want for them. They are horrid and im not going to disguise the fact just to sell them. They will fetch what ever they fetch on no reserve. Last set to sell did over £680 on ebay, and that was two years old set. They will be on the bay before the weekend.

Back