Thanks for posting @tiuk362 - some interesting options here and very impressive you can stand on the roof!

A few questions for you:
  • I presume there is a standard bed/bed board available?
  • Is the panoramic panel glass or plastic?
  • Do you have any contact detains for Luke?
Cheers bud.
Hi buddy yes to 1st and the panoramic roof is made from polycarbonate 250x stonger than glass he was telling me it’s the same thing they use in red bulls Rallycross cars as screens,l went and had a Google when I left you won’t break this stuff with an axe.are drop him a text just to make sure he’s ok with me giving his number out

Looks pretty amazing.
My only criticism would be that the canvas needs some mesh zip side panels at the very least.
You don’t always want to open the scenic roof but it’s good to have fresh air venting through.
I want to buy another van just so I can have that roof.
I’ve got one on order with zips and screens 4 weeks and mine will be in are put some pics up when it’s done buddy

I wouldn’t mind hearing people's preferred choice of Roofs and Beds.

I will probably be going for mine after Christmas so gonna start doing some research.

I have been advised SCA is one of the best and we'll built. I like the look of HiLo roofs but don't like the way they head clearance is compromised inside the van.

Opinions and suggestions please.

Get it wrong and you have a massive hole in the roof of your van.
I'm still waiting for mine to be fitted but a few months back went and did a tour of a few converters near me that all offered different style of roof. Only then did I feel informed enough to make what I believe to be the best choice that suits us and at a company that we think have a lot to offer. Seeing the guys fit a roof to another van was a bit like choosing a nursery for a child, you wanted to know it was going into a safe cared for environment,
Hi, so can you let me know which company you decided to go with
Regards Richard

Hi buddy yes to 1st and the panoramic roof is made from polycarbonate 250x stonger than glass he was telling me it’s the same thing they use in red bulls Rallycross cars as screens,l went and had a Google when I left you won’t break this stuff with an axe.are drop him a text just to make sure he’s ok with me giving his number out
Are you able to PM me his number?

What exactly are you wanting to look at specifically?
Let me know and I’ll go out and take the pics for you later.
That would be amazing, thanks. Looking for detail in the closed position, around the strips on the sides where people have the lights, and the hatch at the front. Cheers

That would be amazing, thanks. Looking for detail in the closed position, around the strips on the sides where people have the lights, and the hatch at the front. Cheers
What exactly are you wanting to look at specifically?
Let me know and I’ll go out and take the pics for you later.
I’d appreciate that as well. Considering vanmax and Hilo/Horizon at the moment. Easy to see the outside design but the interior matters a lot to me as well and those pics seem harder to find. Thanks!

39A416EF-4FD1-4311-B30C-0660B54884D8.jpeg9C78617A-BE83-4E5B-BC45-7969704ECC08.jpeg50BB0090-C497-4663-9248-482FEF0B245B.jpegC2172FEB-1B61-4721-B0AC-8D012AB9C471.jpeg9D68C1D9-BF7E-470A-BB58-E4906C3A1A7E.jpeg9E068916-AB16-4358-B108-CA5BF37948F1.jpeg

Hatch closed side view towards drivers door
Hatch open
Hatch closed looking towards the front
Roof trim above sliding door
Roof trim towards back x2

Thanks for sharing those, that’s really useful. Looking at the joins in the roof, does the furthest back board stay flat while the other two lever up to get the bed base out of the way?

@roooms it does indeed. The bifold bed base gives more height in the rear. As ours has U-shaped seating that works better for us.
Also, ignore the saggy centre of the rear cover piece where the original courtesy light is. I’ve just realised I failed to put the centre screw back in when I wired the solar panel in.

@tiuk362 Interesting concept, what happens to the canvas when folding down. It looks like it has to be removed, see a few issues with nipped canvas otherwise since the hinges are on the inside?

Hi everyone, looking to get a pop top on my t6 lwb, had someone to do it but no longer trading, I really liked how he was going to do it and he was recommended but now lost for a recommendation for someone else, has anyone else in Somerset (or around this area) got an idea on which brand and a fitter

Hi, Have a look at Skyline . Very close to you and can get the roof fitted by the manufacturer or ring Chris at the VanCave , just down the road ?

Have a word with Vanmax. They do a slimline stealth roof and may have a fitter down near you.
They did stop doing LWB last year, but I think they are back doing them now.
It’s a very strong welded frame design so it goes in as a one piece fitment, unlike some that are 4 pieces that rivet together once in situ. No chance of it creaking and squeaking when you are driving.

Have a word with Vanmax. They do a slimline stealth roof and may have a fitter down near you.
They did stop doing LWB last year, but I think they are back doing them now.
It’s a very strong welded frame design so it goes in as a one piece fitment, unlike some that are 4 pieces that rivet together once in situ. No chance of it creaking and squeaking when you are driving.
I’ll give it look, thanks

Back