I no it will get mentioned at some point but you won't get a full off road van as they aren't built for it. But there is certainly scope for off road inspired vans; big tyres, lift kits, extra lighting etc that's a bit why I started a thread titled work van Wednesday to appreciate the vans that help us make a living as well as bring us joy.

I no it will get mentioned at some point but you won't get a full off road van as they aren't built for it. But there is certainly scope for off road inspired vans; big tyres, lift kits, extra lighting etc that's a bit why I started a thread titled work van Wednesday to appreciate the vans that help us make a living as well as bring us joy.
Not serious off-roading as the 4-motion & DSG(if fitted) can't do the prolonged off-roading; but can certainly get through the odd patch of difficulty no problems at all.

Is anyone running them on a DSG auto? If so how much bigger than stock are they and have you any issues with the gearbox?

I have 225/55/18 General AT3. Simply fantastic. Got 4wd and DSG and no difference at all.
Have a look at my posts.

Only an issue if you run oversize..
I have some Michelin Lattitude Cross 235/55/17 that are almost identical to oem size.

Any opinions on all seasons for a lowered T32 with 20”wheels ? Obviously I’m going to need new boots so may be spend a little more and ovoid budget tyres.

Any opinions on all seasons for a lowered T32 with 20”wheels ? Obviously I’m going to need new boots so may be spend a little more and ovoid budget tyres.
Interested in the same for 18's, looked at Nokians and they dont do the same size as my current Sportlines are fitted with.

Pirelli Tyres / All Season SUV 4x4 / Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season - 245/45 R20 103W XL (J/LR) TL Fuel Eff.: B Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - SUV/4x4 Tyres - 20" R20" - 245/45/20, 245/45R20 <span class="col00f">OE Jaguar</span>
index_d16530e9-6ecf-4c2e-8a5e-61e2358b3a18.png

Over sized at 245/45/20, but so long is your lowering is maybe 40mm to less these should be fine; may need a spacer depending on your et off-set

I think all the other 20" all-seasons will be too large for you

I know very little about them

Last edited:
@chriscroft thanks just looked at the bugget tyres I will get as part of the package they are 275 40. So 245 will be much better.
245 is the rubber thickness essentially so tyre height ?

What’s the min load rating required for a T32 anyone please?
I think your max axel loads are 1710KgF/1720kgR
A 102 load rated tyre = 850kg*2=1700kg too low for either axels
A 103 load rated tyre= 875kg*2=1750kg Fine for both axels

Sorry 40 is the profile got it now :whistle:
yes 245 is the tyre thickness/width in mm and 45 is the tyre aspect ratio expressed as a %.
so the tyre wall hight is 245mm*45/100= 110mm of side wall rubber
275mm* 40/100= 110mm so exactly the same depth of side wall rubber

Tyres & Alloys Wheels

If you bang the standard vw 235/55/17 tyre in this site, and your new tyre you'll see that the new ones are 5.6% bigger, and the diameter is 39mm larger, so the radius is 20mm more, i.e. your van will sit 20mm higher (ground clearance), and the gap between the top of the tyre and wheel arch will also be reduced by 20mm
The speedo will be adjusted by 5.6%, so it will now read 3mph less at 60mph; which in effect it would probably be bang on accurate at that, as they normally over register speeds.

Last edited:
Please remember if you increase the overall diameter by 5.6% you will also reduce your braking efficiency..

You will notice a slight decrease in acceleration performance and driving flexibility; i.e you may need to change gear at a slightly different engine revs.
Slight drop in engine braking performance; and the effect on the main wheel brakes could be a very lengthily discussion thread all on its own;)

There are a few people on this forum that really like Uniroyal Rain Sport 3.
Slightly bigger size, about 7.5% increase in rolling radius, and 25mm increase in radius.

Blitz,
Have a look at the Cooper Zeon LTZ's. If they do the size and load rating go for these every time. I have had them on almost all my vehicles and they are excellent. Although the tread is quite aggresive they are quiet and last really well.

Back