Sorry I never followed this up, as I decided to fit Coilovers to my van. Have a look on the T5/T6 forum on Facebook, as there are lots of helpful people there :)

Thanks. The sizes only seem to start at 215 though. How can get these to fit my Clayton's?
hi Wesley did you get your Tyre's sorted buddy im delighted with my BFGs KO s mine are 215 / 65 /16 but other makes might have your size just not in low profiles look in the 4x4 tyers sales

Hi people, I’m hoping someone an help me. I’ve ran into some confused tyre salesman whilst looking to switch to all terrain tyres for my T6 (T28) 2018. No one seems to know which tyres will best fit my standard VW 16” steel wheels without rubbing the arches.
Does anyone have any advice on my options? I’m looking for a chunky tyres that will fill up the arches a bit whilst also giving me more grip on grass but still be fine on roads.
my current tyres have these digits on them:
205 / 65 R 16 C 107 / 105
I understand these numbers would be different on an all terrain tyre but I thought I’d still include them in case it helps figuring out what best would fit.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Connor.

Hi people, I’m hoping someone an help me. I’ve ran into some confused tyre salesman whilst looking to switch to all terrain tyres for my T6 (T28) 2018. No one seems to know which tyres will best fit my standard VW 16” steel wheels without rubbing the arches.
Does anyone have any advice on my options? I’m looking for a chunky tyres that will fill up the arches a bit whilst also giving me more grip on grass but still be fine on roads.
my current tyres have these digits on them:
205 / 65 R 16 C 107 / 105
I understand these numbers would be different on an all terrain tyre but I thought I’d still include them in case it helps figuring out what best would fit.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Connor.
Welcome!
I often use Google to search this forum, so here's a thread I found that might help you:

hi guys after reading through these what's the general consensus on the 16s ? id like to go bulky as possible but at the same time keep the driving comfort, my dealer did mention hybrids inbrtween having the look of AT but just a slittle less bulky & more road like tyres, I bought the van this week so looking into getting some tyres & rims satin black as soon as I can.

When i got my BFG ATs a couple of years ago, the Best price i could find was from a firm called 4 x 4 tyres.co.uk

and super fast delivery

yeah they are great buddy I can see why so many people get addicted to the converting I'm obsessed already, I'm thinking to get 225/70/16 on the original highline 16" alloys
Hi ssamc21.
Did you ever get the 225/70/16 tyres ? Im just changing my original tyres on my highline and have sort of settled on a set of 225/70/16 s for use on clayton alloys.
I'd be very interested to see what you think. If you have fitted , did you need spacers at either end. I'd prefer not to use them if i dont need them.
Regards Sean

Hi ssamc21.
Did you ever get the 225/70/16 tyres ? Im just changing my original tyres on my highline and have sort of settled on a set of 225/70/16 s for use on clayton alloys.
I'd be very interested to see what you think. If you have fitted , did you need spacers at either end. I'd prefer not to use them if i dont need them.
Regards Sean
hi Sean please see attached I settled for 235/70/16 and coated the 16" in a satin black finish £140 a tyre buddy.

really pleased with the result

Screenshot_20210722-200213_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-200155_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
Those look bloody sweet. And when the blue comes off the lettering it will look very cool against the white van. Did you have to use spacers on any wheels to stop rubbing??

Thanks for the reply.
Those look bloody sweet. And when the blue comes off the lettering it will look very cool against the white van. Did you have to use spacers on any wheels to stop rubbing??
no spacers were required pal, its maybe an after mod to enhance the beef up look but for now they ride just great.

Big house move tommorw & awaiting electrics delivery then full carpet busy few week ahead !!

Hello...Has anyone swapped their factory fitted Goodyear summer tyres (215x65x16) for BF Goodrich AT (same size) on factory 16 inch steel wheels.
If so , what was the comparison driving. Comfort, mpg, noise etc. Thanks, cheers.

Back