I have a T6.1 110 ps startline originally with 16" wheels, do you think these would work on mine or would the extra diameter make the engine struggle?
I run general grabbers in 235/55 18 that's only a mild upgrade in circumference , about 5%.
But when i swap back to the 16's with original tyres, the engine feels more 'crisp'.
I have a 150 that's tuned to 180 so when driving the 18's , I don't really notice it.

235 55 17 General Grabber ATs on Wolfrace Explorers Alloys. Currently 40 psi all round, kitchen units to go in in 3 weeks time.

Intend to lower by 50mm once everything is in place and I get a feel of van when loaded.20221007_154702.jpg20221007_154652.jpg

Reactions: MrD
@MrD I've heard good things about them - how are they in every day use on the road (ie. noise and fuel consumption if you pay attention to such things)?

@MrD I've heard good things about them - how are they in every day use on the road (ie. noise and fuel consumption if you pay attention to such things)?
I have only driven limited miles on them but they are barely noticeable to me if at all certainly quieter than the BFG AT I use daily for work on a Ranger . In the limited distance covered they handle well too on damp roads. Can’t give you any idea on mpg as I haven’t really been anywhere .

To be fair mate, you wont go wrong with a set of all seasons… cross climates or alike

To be fair mate, you wont go wrong with a set of all seasons… cross climates or alike
While I'm on a roll....
If anybody's familiar with the Harry's garage and Harry's Farm YouTube channel he's posted a review of the new Defender commercial that Landrover lent him, the review isn't the normal gushing tribute, he does pick fault with bits of it.
But he says that he inadvertently forgot to spec it with AT tyres for use on his farm. This chap is off-road every day come rain or shine. Anyway, it arrived with all season tyres and he says they're so good off-road he wouldn't now want to compromise the on road performance by fitting AT tyres. That's an interesting view from somebody who knows about driving off road.
But the T7 images are just trying to sell a lifestyle image, it's about Instagram not real life. If you need AT tyres and jerry cans on the roof I'd seriously question if a T7 is the right vehicle for you.

All Season tyres have improved a great deal over the years and only a very small number of people need All Terrain tyres, I cross muddy fields regularly but the AS tyres are good enough at that but don't compromise safety for the 90% of the time that I'm on tarmac.

I truly believe people only buy the BFs to look the part - they just aint all that. I have them on my work hilux, and if you're in proper sh*t they just turn slicks anyway, mud terrain or nothing I say ! haha PLUS when I had the 4 wheel drive transit, I was stuck in snow, and my family came and got me out with the tractor, and my work mate had a hilux with BFs on, and he was all over the place, whereas I had the AS on, and I just drove like I was on tarmac once I got out the foot of snow lol

Hello, looking at getting some new alloys and looking at the BFG all terrain tyres, i probably wont be doing much offroad but more for fields whill camping out and not getting stuck, looking for something rugged.
My only concern is i see people are stating they are not good for wet breaking, all reviews however rte them at 8.6 out of 10 which seems ok to me.
Safety is key due to my little one come on the adventure and want something rugged deep tread, off road capable and provide good wet breaking. would BFG At be the best choice?
My van is a t6 t30 2017

Cheers
Daniel

Looking through a lot of the feedback here I wouldnt be looking at others over BFG if your mainly on road. They serve a purpose but not really suited for mainly on road IMO.

Looking through a lot of the feedback here I wouldnt be looking at others over BFG if you’re mainly on road. They serve a purpose but not really suited for mainly on road IMO.
Thanks, so it was a cough up between 20 inch with all season tyres vs 17 inch with BFG’s but main aspect is being able to handle poor road surfaces , ability off road ( tracks and fields) . So I am guessing BFG’s are the way forward. Cheers

Yeah that style of tyre but there are many alternatives to BFG to consider such as Falken Wildpeak, Avon Ax7, Michelin so do some looking at tyre ratings. Living in UK i always try to get a good wet rated tyre. The BFG are something like D rating in wet and E for fuel economy.

Back